taj'samericanwife

choosing your consulate

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

what if your husband is in another country and living there and you want the consulate where he is living in do the visa processing? i.e. my husband is from pakistan but he lives in the philippines and i want the u.s. embassy in the philippines do the interview and medical exam and all that...did anyone else do it this way? i emailed the us embassy in the philippines and they never answer back giving you the appropriate answer...they only tell you they have their website blah blah but i will try to call them...just want to know if anyone else did it this way...spouse is not in origin country and living somewhere else and you want to do it in that country's consulate?

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
what if your husband is in another country and living there and you want the consulate where he is living in do the visa processing? i.e. my husband is from pakistan but he lives in the philippines and i want the u.s. embassy in the philippines do the interview and medical exam and all that...did anyone else do it this way? i emailed the us embassy in the philippines and they never answer back giving you the appropriate answer...they only tell you they have their website blah blah but i will try to call them...just want to know if anyone else did it this way...spouse is not in origin country and living somewhere else and you want to do it in that country's consulate?

for a K-3 the consulate is in the country of marriage...

For other visas it can be the country of current legal residence....

What country did you indicate on the petition? (ie.. how did you answer this question? If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in:)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

im just putting my I 130 together and i just wanted to make sure. im still waiting for some more documents...anyway i did specify my husbands country of origin and his address is in a different country. also can i include pictures in the I 130 packet as evidence of bona fide marriage...i mean i have all the others but i was wondering if i should include photos too? or can i include photos?

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Timeline
im just putting my I 130 together and i just wanted to make sure. im still waiting for some more documents...anyway i did specify my husbands country of origin and his address is in a different country. also can i include pictures in the I 130 packet as evidence of bona fide marriage...i mean i have all the others but i was wondering if i should include photos too? or can i include photos?

On the I-130 for Q22 indicate Manila......

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, you can include photos.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Designation of a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the country of your relative's last residence does not guarantee acceptance for processing by that post. Acceptance is at the discretion of the designated embassy or consulate....thats what it said below Q22...looks like i have to make a long distance call to the US embassy in Manila to make sure...because they never answer my email!

how many photos would be enough? do i have to put a description on the list of contents in my cover letter?

mr or mrs pushbrk...you were right about filing separate I 130's for my son and husband...i cant believe the immigration lawyer said just one only? i called USCIS to make sure i would have to file two, one for each!

and since i have to file one for my son and one for my husband do i put my sons name on my husbands I 130 on these questions:

If separate petitions are also being submitted for other relatives, give names of each and relationship.

(ill put my sons name or my husbands name)

Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien? YES?

Then my sons or husbands name again?

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Timeline

im still so torn about if i should file my husband and my son I 130 at the same time...i am so worried my sons visa will come up first before my husbands and what if my husbands wont even be ready even after the 6 months period my son would have to travel? what if i delay my sons a month or two later just to give my husbands a head start? ugh...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Timeline
im still so torn about if i should file my husband and my son I 130 at the same time...i am so worried my sons visa will come up first before my husbands and what if my husbands wont even be ready even after the 6 months period my son would have to travel? what if i delay my sons a month or two later just to give my husbands a head start? ugh...

In your situation, if you file concurrently they are suppose to "clip" the petitions together so they are adjusdicated at the same time...

regarding the consulate selection... if your husband's legal residence is in the PI, then Manila will be assigned the case.... Only if you wish a consulate not based on the alien's last residence will the discretion factor come in...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

so it does not really matter if i file my husbands first because they would clip it together to be processed together? and in the long run my trying to put my husband first in the race so my sons wont end up having his visa done months and months before my husbands will be ready wont actually even work? i just want a head start on my husbands because i know he will face some kind of delay and my sons wont take that long to get his IR-2...how can i do this?

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

In your situation, if you file concurrently they are suppose to "clip" the petitions together so they are adjusdicated at the same time...

regarding the consulate selection... if your husband's legal residence is in the PI, then Manila will be assigned the case.... Only if you wish a consulate not based on the alien's last residence will the discretion factor come in...

Her concern is that her son will not endure AP after the interview but her Pakistani husband likely will, resulting in the potential the son's visa expires before the husband's is issued.

There seem to be a number of options, including requesting the visas be issued at the same time, effectively delaying the son's visa. There's also the option of the mother/petitioner going to get the son, if needed.

Manila will process the case if that's where your husband resides, unless there are extenuating circumstances you couldn't be aware of now anyway.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

thank you for putting it that way pushbrk...i guess if needed i would have to go get my son before his visa is expired and let his father wait until the AP will clear up. :crying: i have to get at least one of them with me here in the united states, im so lonely here...all i do is work and home, it would be nice to have one of them here...better than having zero. most probably my son will not be on AP because I am getting a Filipino passport for him and after all his biological mother is a USC...

Anyway my husband can also change his status in the philippines from student visa to a legal resident, wont be that hard...

its just it will be hard for my son and i to be here without my husband but then again thats whats going on with us now except that its me not with them... :crying:

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

NVC Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.