KhanKhan

Annual Income of Petitioner

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am going to apply for K-1 fiance visa. I wanted to ask about the annual Income of my fiance(petiotioner). She works part time and love to stay home for the rest of the time. Now her annual income doesnt meet the requirements of USCIS. I get a handsome salary plus I also work as Freelancer and outsource various kind of projects( BPO/KPO/Websites/Softwares) to companies in Pakistan, India, Philipines, UK and U.S. Now will that help or I will need some other sponsor in US as well. I have my Uncle and Aunty in NY, who are ready to help me if I may need another sponsor.

Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

if the petitioner didn't earn enough money, then the petitioner needs to find a co-sponsor, the beneficiary (You) cannot help with the income requirement.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
if the petitioner didn't earn enough money, then the petitioner needs to find a co-sponsor, the beneficiary (You) cannot help with the income requirement.

Actually, they can if their income will continue from the same source while in the USA. It's probably best to have a co-sponsor though.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

This is news to us.

Let's say I'm a freelance journalist. I get paid by some number of newspapers/magazines for what I do for them, when required. I don't have to ever see them in person to get the job done, or receive payment (the latter goes through my Croatian banking account). They couldn't care less where I live, who I am married to or what kind of citizenship I will obtain any time in the future.

Does this income count towards the financial requirements for a K1, or does it not? I am the beneficiary in this case.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline
This is news to us.

Let's say I'm a freelance journalist. I get paid by some number of newspapers/magazines for what I do for them, when required. I don't have to ever see them in person to get the job done, or receive payment (the latter goes through my Croatian banking account). They couldn't care less where I live, who I am married to or what kind of citizenship I will obtain any time in the future.

Does this income count towards the financial requirements for a K1, or does it not? I am the beneficiary in this case.

If it can be documented to continue after your immigrate, sure. Using this would be a last resort though, IMO. A co-sponsor, if needed would be a better option if available, as you will have a gap between your US arrival and authorization to work.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Actually, they can if their income will continue from the same source while in the USA. It's probably best to have a co-sponsor though.

I am sorry, I am still not clear about this. Thats good that there is an option of co-sponsor but I need to know that can that co-sponsor be my Uncle and Aunty who also live in New York?

Timeline

I am sorry, I am still not clear about this. Thats good that there is an option of co-sponsor but I need to know that can that co-sponsor be my Uncle and Aunty who also live in New York? As you mentioned that if the source is the same then I can also help. As I mentioned earlier my source of income is outsourcing projects to companies. I most of the time get the work from US/UK and AUstralian companies and award it to companies in Pakistan and India. What do you think could be the best possible option:

- My fiancee finds a co-sponsor in her family? ( This option seems difficult though)

- My uncle and aunt become the co-sponsor?

- and I also provide my income details along with the co-sponsor.

Regards.

Timeline
I am sorry, I am still not clear about this. Thats good that there is an option of co-sponsor but I need to know that can that co-sponsor be my Uncle and Aunty who also live in New York? As you mentioned that if the source is the same then I can also help. As I mentioned earlier my source of income is outsourcing projects to companies. I most of the time get the work from US/UK and AUstralian companies and award it to companies in Pakistan and India. What do you think could be the best possible option:

- My fiancee finds a co-sponsor in her family? ( This option seems difficult though)

Regards.

The best option is to use either your Uncle, Aunty or a co-sponsor from her family but co-sponsor is singular. The individual must qualify on their own. Using your income would be the last resort, if a qualified co-sponsor is not available. Things get muddy when a K1 visa holder "works" without work authorization, even if self employed doing freelance work for foreign companies.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Regards.

The best option is to use either your Uncle, Aunty or a co-sponsor from her family but co-sponsor is singular. The individual must qualify on their own. Using your income would be the last resort, if a qualified co-sponsor is not available. Things get muddy when a K1 visa holder "works" without work authorization, even if self employed doing freelance work for foreign companies.

If it's not too late to ask on the same topic......about annual income...how much does a family of 4 need to qualify?

K1

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bahamas

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-19

Interview Date : 2009-04-23 -PASSED

Visa Received : 2009-04-28

POE: Nassau, Bahamas (Pre-Clearance Facility)/Atlanta, Georgia

US Entry : July 3 2009

Civil Marriage : July 21, 2009

Wedding Ceremony: September 26, 2009

AOS/EAD/AP: I-485/I-765/I-131

Filed: August 11 2009

NOA1: August 24, 2009

Touched: August 26, 2009

Biometrics : September 24, 2009

RFE: September 3 , 2009

Response Sent: September 11, 2009

Case Transferred to CSC : September 15 2009

AP: Approved Spt. 23 2009

Biometrics: Completed

EAD: Approved Sept. 24 2009

EAD: Received Oct. 1 2009

receceived green card: 12/29/2009

6Nqfm4.png

- I 751 -Removing Conditions

Form I-751 Package sent: 10/11/2011

Rec'd NOA1: 10/17/2011

VSC cashed Check: 10/19/2011

Biometrics Appt.: 11/07/2011

rec'd email Notification Approved, Card ordered 07/17/2012..yesssss

GC recid: 07/20/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.