franksonb

Can I travel to the Phils, using only Green card and Marriage certificate?

12 posts in this topic

Is there any one experienced travelling using only Green card and Marriage contract (especially the filipinos here in Vj)? My passport is not yet amended in my married name. What name i'm going to use when buying my plane ticket? My married name on my Green card or my maiden name on my passport when buying my plane ticket? Can you share your experienced? Is there no problems in returning to the USA?

glitterfy-flpbk0117583890023634.gif

Is there any one experienced travelling using only Green card and Marriage contract (especially the filipinos here in Vj)? My passport is not yet amended in my married name. What name i'm going to use when buying my plane ticket? My married name on my Green card or my maiden name on my passport when buying my plane ticket? Can you share your experienced? Is there no problems in returning to the USA?

well u need to have a passport per se to travel abroad... my GC is in my married name and i have been to phils twice now w/ my maiden name passport. its not yet amended nor expired (which is good)... my husband always put my married name in the ticket so it was a minor issue in korea one time sine my passport name is different from my ticket. so we just presented our marriage cert. and told the officer that i got married blah blah blah and it was just as if nothing happened... just bring the marriage cert. and or additional docs (if needed)... happy trip!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is a common topic.

You book any airline tickets using the name as it appears in passport. The greencard is used like a visa to re-enter the USA.

While in PI you can get married name amended into passport.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

My husband will use his credit card when buying my plane ticket, Is there any requirements or papers i will present in the airport going to the Phils and returning here?

The only issue you might run into is if your name is not on the credit card used to buy the ticket, and your husband does not join you. PAL requires a photocopy of your husband's Passport/Identification and either the credit card used to buy the ticket, or a photocopy of the credit card to board the airplane.

When my wife flew on an electronic ticket, I had blacked out some of the numbers on the photocopy, and they did not like that, so I had to fax a copy of my statement to her at the airport, before they would let her board the airplane.

Sonomacountygal's husband

Edited by sonomacountygal

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Thank you. My mean problem in returning back here, especially i'm using my husband's credit card he will use in buying my plane ticket. this is my first time my plane ticket purchase thru credit card and i'm travelling alone.

I mean my main problems...

Thank you. My mean problem in returning back here, especially i'm using my husband's credit card he will use in buying my plane ticket. this is my first time my plane ticket purchase thru credit card and i'm travelling alone.

When I flew here in US my husband bought my plane ticket online using his credit card, and they emailed him the ticket number and I just printed it in one of the internet cafe with the boarding pass. I never had a problem at the airport with that ticket. Goodluck and Happy Trip!

img0725ng.jpg

as1cxMsVM3D0000Mjk2bHN8MDA5Njk4c3xXZVwncmUgbWFycmllZCBmb3Ig.gif

Thank you for your reply. Im worried if there are many requirements i will present in the airport if my husband will buy ticket for me thru his credit card.

When I flew here in US my husband bought my plane ticket online using his credit card, and they emailed him the ticket number and I just printed it in one of the internet cafe with the boarding pass. I never had a problem at the airport with that ticket. Goodluck and Happy Trip!

Thank you for your reply. Im worried if there are many requirements i will present in the airport if my husband will buy ticket for me thru his credit card.

I went to the Phils and stayed there for 5 months and never had a problem going back here. As long as you have your marriage certificate and passport with you,,you can travel without any problem.Your green card will serve as your re entry permit.

About the ticket your husband can buy you an eticket and even if he use his credit card..as long as you have your name in the ticket..i don't think there will be a problem on that. My husband buys me eticket using his debit card(joined account) and just claim the eticket in the airport in PI,,just showing them the email with the confirmation number.

This is right from the Philippine Airlines website. Other airlines may have different requirements:

MPORTANT NOTICE

To avoid fraudulent transactions and to protect the credit card owner, PAL requires that

The credit card used in purchasing the ticket(s) must be presented at the ticket collection point or upon check-in

If the credit card owner is not part of the travelling party, the credit card owner shall be responsible in ensuring that the passenger(s) must present at the ticket collection point or at check-in the following:

Clear photocopy of the front of the credit card used; and

Clear photocopy of a separate valid PHOTO ID of the credit card owner

The passenger(s) shall be denied boarding for failure to comply with the foregoing requirement.

Without prejudice to criminal prosecution under Republic Act No. 8484, PAL may cancel a confirmed reservation or may remove from any flight any passenger if PAL has reason to believe that a ticket(s) has been purchased using a fraudulent credit card.

Forewarned is forearmed

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.