couple

I-864 affidavit support

16 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to know if I need original signed 1-864 for manila interview or copies will do?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Notarized copies of a signed affidavit.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Hi, I want to know if I need original signed 1-864 for manila interview or copies will do?

Interview Forms / Items:

1. Valid Passport.

2. Original or certified "long" birth certificate. *

3. Original adoption decree. (if applicable)

4. Original or certified copy of the marriage certificate. (if applicable)

5. Original death certificate. (if applicable)

6. Original divorce decree. (if applicable)

7. Police certificate. **

8. Court record(s) (if applicable).

9. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form along with past 3 year U.S tax returns (or transcripts) and any other financial documents required. (see poverty limits here)

10. Court and prison records.(if applicable)

11. Medical examination information

12. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the spouse or benefitiary

* You should have the originals on hand at this point for the Final Interview. Per the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), they may also be unavailable. Or certain countries don't have individual birth certificates as understood in the US, but the FAM will describe the suitable document. The consulate can explain the alternate requirements to the beneficiary in detail.

** On police clearances, as per the FAM, they may be unavailable. Or with some countries [Korea comes to mind], they will be sent directly to the consulate from the involved government. The consulate can explain the alternate requirements to the beneficiary in detail.

On The day of your relatives (or spouses) interview, he/she must bring EVERY document listed above that applies to your case, and should be prepared for a long wait. There may be additional forms required. The interview appointment sheet will contain a list of everything you must bring. It will also tell you the payment amount due and the forms of payment accepted.

Source/Guides

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Original.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Original , signed and Notarized Affidavit of Support.

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Hey Guys! So does it mean that the USC must get two original copies of I-864?

Since we are in CR-1 route we already passed the I-1864 to NVC.........

Do we still need to bring the I-864 and some docs at the interview?

Thanks! Happy New Year!

Edited by sweet_wifey22

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Hey Guys! So does it mean that the USC must get two original copies of I-864?This is not likely.

Thanks! Happy New Year!

The I-864 is one of several 'pre-interview' forms - depending on the Consulate, you may have either sent this in already - or been requested to gather and bring to the interview. If you were not instructed to send this (and other) forms in, you should bring an original to the interview.

So the question to you is, what did your instruction package say? :thumbs:

Interview Forms / Items:

1. Valid Passport.

2. Original or certified "long" birth certificate. *

3. Original adoption decree. (if applicable)

4. Original or certified copy of the marriage certificate. (if applicable)

5. Original death certificate. (if applicable)

6. Original divorce decree. (if applicable)

7. Police certificate. **

8. Court record(s) (if applicable).

9. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form along with past 3 year U.S tax returns (or transcripts) and any other financial documents required. (see poverty limits here)

10. Court and prison records.(if applicable)

11. Medical examination information

12. Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the spouse or benefitiary

* You should have the originals on hand at this point for the Final Interview. Per the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), they may also be unavailable. Or certain countries don't have individual birth certificates as understood in the US, but the FAM will describe the suitable document. The consulate can explain the alternate requirements to the beneficiary in detail.

** On police clearances, as per the FAM, they may be unavailable. Or with some countries [Korea comes to mind], they will be sent directly to the consulate from the involved government. The consulate can explain the alternate requirements to the beneficiary in detail.

On The day of your relatives (or spouses) interview, he/she must bring EVERY document listed above that applies to your case, and should be prepared for a long wait. There may be additional forms required. The interview appointment sheet will contain a list of everything you must bring. It will also tell you the payment amount due and the forms of payment accepted.

Source/Guides

Hello, Even if we have submitted the original I-864 at the NVC as sweet_wifey22 stated so we're still required to bring original signed I-864 at the time of interview?

-------------------------------------

Ok I just found this link (below), i thougth i would share to those who has same question. and yes we need the original signed I-864 at the time of interview. But strange because the nvc is the one process the affidavit of support and if they approved it i thought should be fine.

Thanks for all your answer,,, very helpful. Im glad I started this topic because my husband and I thought we do not need original. Oh well... he will have to do that again sorry for him is much work. but I wish no need for original so he doesnt have to do it again.... also for sure if he send something to philippines should used express mail as soemtimes (actually most of the times) mail gets lost if it sent regular mail.

Also questions for those who had their interview in manila cr1-ir1, is the cr1 has a different interview process for Ir1? also is much of the time did the interviewer asked for their I-864? just wondering.

Thanks so much, wonderful members in here, big help for those who still in the process. good luck to us for those who are still in the process.

sweet_wifey22 we have the same timeline. :)

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3219.html

Preparing your interview materials:

Three reasons account for about 90 percent of all refused immigrant visas in Manila:

An incomplete or incorrectly completed Affidavit of Support

A lack of secondary evidence proving relationship or identity

Incomplete or outdated police or medical clearances

Here is some advice to avoid being in this 90 percent:

The I-864 Affidavit of Support (and I-864A for household members when required) is used to prove applicants will not become a public charge dependent on government welfare. Sponsors fill out this form. It is a legally binding, complex contract on which it is easy to make errors.

You should talk with your sponsor before your interview and ensure an I-864 was filed. If there is any doubt, consider having your sponsor complete another I-864 (and I-864A for household members whose income is included in the pledge of support) and bring the original signed forms to your interview. I-864s no longer need to be notarized.

Tax return requirements. Sponsors need to present one year of tax returns. Consider bringing your sponsor’s most recent Federal tax returns to your interview. Photo copies are acceptable.

Edited by couple

Hey Guys! So does it mean that the USC must get two original copies of I-864?

Thanks! Happy New Year!

Hi, we have similar time line except for we waited much longer on our NOA2 because ours was filed at vermont. Good luck to us! Good luck to your cr1-ir1 route. are you doing k3 also?

Hi, You been very helpful to many vj members... Thanks. btw your picture looks great!

and to all of you many thanks. I cant wait to be with my husband, before very frustrated making me look really pangit :lol: now we are getting closer which makes us both excited... but still a long wait :( but ateast we know theres a progress. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. May God guide us and make it all right for us to the rest of the process. Thank you God for all the things youve done for us, Amen.

I miss you honey!

Hi, You been very helpful to many vj members... Thanks. btw your picture looks great!

and to all of you many thanks. I cant wait to be with my husband, before very frustrated making me look really pangit :lol: now we are getting closer which makes us both excited... but still a long wait :( but ateast we know theres a progress. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. May God guide us and make it all right for us to the rest of the process. Thank you God for all the things youve done for us, Amen.

I miss you honey!

FYI YOU SHOULD NEED TO BRING ORIGINAL SIGNE AND NOTARIZED I-864. Well its because i experienced that already last dec,18. grrrr..you can ask to your petitioner for another form then he can send it to you though EXPRESS MAIL. Without the respect of post office mail here in phil which the package sent from my lawyer is not yet here. oh gosh. Thats why i can tell phil is working too good thats why this country is not corrupt. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

I miss you honey!

Thank you!

Much as my husband wants to deny it, he has some OCD when it comes to things like these so that he made extra copies of the I-864 and sent me two of them...two each for my daughter and myself...along with 5 years' worth of ITR's, W2's and payslips --- would you believe? I now have a lot of combustible materials in the house :D

Good Luck to you all!!! :):):)

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Thank you!

Much as my husband wants to deny it, he has some OCD when it comes to things like these so that he made extra copies of the I-864 and sent me two of them...two each for my daughter and myself...along with 5 years' worth of ITR's, W2's and payslips --- would you believe? I now have a lot of combustible materials in the house :D

Good Luck to you all!!! :):):)

At least he thinks ahead. I would rather be an OC-OC than to be sorry later. In my case, I have to make a checklist in excel file that has a drop down menu (yes, that's my OCD side) so my husband can prepare the docs i need to bring for the interview. My luck because my father in law is there and will be returning here in pinas so my husband won't need to mail those docs to me. Gastos when you're fixing papers! Now I am dreading to go for the medical because i have been reading in other posts that the process itself is not that hard, it's just the long wait! I am freaking tired of waiting! I was thinking of having my medical on Jan.5 but i changed my mind since i know that it's going to be a crazy day in SLMEC on the first working day of the year...so i'm postponing my plan to wednesday.

Best regards,

Ynatots

IR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2006-07-16 (after 8 years of bf/gf relationship)

I-130 Sent : 2007-01 (forgot the exact date)

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-03-07

Upgrade notification thru mail sent: 2008-09-12

LUD: 2008-09-19

Upgrade notification thru phone: 2008-09-19

LUD: 2008-09-22

LUD: 2008-09-23

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-25 (after 6 days of notification through phone)

National Visa Center

NVC received case (case number assigned): 2008-09-30

(Hubby in the US) received AOS bill and DS-3032: 2008-10-10

(Hubby in the US) paid AOS bill: 2008-10-10

AOS paid: 2008-10-15

DS-3032 received (email notification): 2008-10-15

IV Bill generated: 2008-10-15

IV Bill paid: 2008-10-17

IV Bill shows paid in the site: 2008-10-21

AOS and IV mailed to NVC: 2008-10-22

Received AOS and IV by NVC (by a certain Pearse): 2008-10-27

RFE on I-864: 2008-11-04

Case Complete at NVC: 2008-11-18

US Embassy

Medical Exam: 2008-01-07

Interview date: 2009-01-22...passed!!!

Receipt of Visa/Passport: 2009-01-24

POE: 2009-02-14 LAX

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3219.html

Preparing your interview materials:

The I-864 Affidavit of Support (and I-864A for household members when required) is used to prove applicants will not become a public charge dependent on government welfare. Sponsors fill out this form. It is a legally binding, complex contract on which it is easy to make errors.

You should talk with your sponsor before your interview and ensure an I-864 was filed. If there is any doubt, consider having your sponsor complete another I-864 (and I-864A for household members whose income is included in the pledge of support) and bring the original signed forms to your interview. I-864s no longer need to be notarized.

Tax return requirements. Sponsors need to present one year of tax returns. Consider bringing your sponsor’s most recent Federal tax returns to your interview. Photo copies are acceptable.

What we did and didnt run into any problems at the time of my wifes interview was as intructed we sent the original to the NVC with all supporting documents and before sending it to the NVC i made copies of it all and I sent the copies to my wife so she would have them when she went for her interview, "just in case". Thats for the CR-1 as for the K visas it might be a bit different. We had no problems and my wife didnt need to produce the copies I sent her.

Married :...................06-09-2007

I-130 Sent : ..............11-03-2007

I-130 recieved:...........11-05-2007

NOA 1:.......................02-07-2008

I-130 Approved :.........03-13-2008

NVC Received :...........03-27-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :...04-15-2008

Paid I-864 Fee Bill:.....................04-18-2008

IV Fee Bill Generated:.................05-05-2008

IV Fee Bill Recieved:...................05-10-2008

IV Fee paid mailed USPS Xpress:.05-12-2008

Recieved AOS letter:...................05-15-2008

Sent AOS packet to NVC:..............05-20-2008

DS230 paket generated:..............06-02-2008

DS230 packet recieved:...............06-19-2008

DS230 sent to NVC:.....................06-27-2008

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

Sons CRBA interview and approval at USE Manila............7-09-08

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Interview USE Manilla.................09-17-2008 APPROVED!!

VISA DELIVERED..........................09-19-2008

I FLY to fetch my family.................10-13-2008

We Fly back as a family FINALLY.....10-24-2008

P1011144-1.jpgP1010098-1.jpg1thumb.jpgP1010448.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.