Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I think i will tell Nigel about that....i read somewhere it takes 40 days to get however...i'll have to check....thanks!

They state it must be supplied within 40 days. In practice it is about a month but at least something to consider if it will help solve a potential problem.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Interviews
CR-1..tomsarah11.....3rd Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....settler72.......10th Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....ealachan.......11th Sept 2009 - Approved pending medical results
K-1.....embo123.......28th Sept 2009
K-1.....Luke and Deanna...28th Sept 2009

October 2009 Interviews
K-1.....haleywynne....22nd Oct 2009

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
MARM...............12th May 2009 - Administrative Processing
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ok. hi guys..

so my husband rang the DOS today, as we have not heard anything or recieved a response to the email i sent to the embassy

well this really nice rep. Valarie..did an inquiry for us with the embassy to find out what was going on..

she got back to my husband today..and ...i have an interview date for 2 nd OCT 8 pm..

APPARENTLY...they (embassy ) sent me out a letter yesterday..

the reason for me sounding like this?....YESTERDAY WAS A SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

now we are happy, anxioiuse, confused, worried, nervous, shocked..but mostly wondering IS THIS TRUE??

i am prepared for the interview, had the medical, got all the supporting doucments etc.

i am just waiting for the mail now...praying that this is true....PLEASE GOD..IF YOU ARE READING THIS..I WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING BAD AGAIN..PROMISE...

Edited by siya

Timeline

I called up the embassy today...just to find out why no one seemed interesting in replying to my email..

and the lady confirmed: I HAVE AN INTERVIEW !!!

so the DOS do tend to tell the truth, well sometimes..and only some of them..

i am booked for 2 OCTOBER @ 8AM..

whooooooohoooooooooooo!!

after all this wait...i can assume that things are progressing at the embassy again, or that the inquiry by the DOS rep helped..

THANKYOU GOD..

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews

K-1.....ealachan.......11th Sept 2009 - Approved pending medical results

October 2009 Interviews
K-3.....siya.................2nd Oct 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I called up the embassy today...just to find out why no one seemed interesting in replying to my email..

and the lady confirmed: I HAVE AN INTERVIEW !!!

so the DOS do tend to tell the truth, well sometimes..and only some of them..

i am booked for 2 OCTOBER @ 8AM..

whooooooohoooooooooooo!!

after all this wait...i can assume that things are progressing at the embassy again, or that the inquiry by the DOS rep helped..

THANKYOU GOD..

Congrats on your interview date & good luck!! :)

Separated!!

Timeline

thanks Maria, and i am on the list..thankyou MARM..

i was wondering...for finacial support/evidence..it says 'for k3 applicants 1-864 (affidevet of suppport) is not required'

my husband has filed out one anyway and included supporting documents...so i can go ahead and use it, right?

also, i have bank account statments, although some months are missing..do you think that this might be a problam..?

thanks for any help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
thanks Maria, and i am on the list..thankyou MARM..

i was wondering...for finacial support/evidence..it says 'for k3 applicants 1-864 (affidevet of suppport) is not required'

my husband has filed out one anyway and included supporting documents...so i can go ahead and use it, right?

also, i have bank account statments, although some months are missing..do you think that this might be a problam..?

thanks for any help

I-864 as far as i remember isn't used for K-3 applicants at this stage during the process. I-134 is the document required by the embassy during your interview. Did your husband fill this one out as well with supporting documents? You won't need all the bank account statements, so i won't think it will matter if some are missing.

If things have changed since i went through my K-3 visa, i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Separated!!

How long is it taking for London to put the packet 3's into the system?

I am wondering because my fiance sent a new DS-157 on Fri. Sept 18, 09 (as per embassy's request). But he emailed the DS-157 to the embassy because the embassy asked for it in an email attachment. DOS is telling us that it is still not in the system. I am thinking the embassy is not quick enough updating their system...so I was wondering how long it is taking for packet 3's being put in the system from the time they are received by the embassy.

Timeline

hi

ok. i have my interview schedualed for 2 nd Oct, but i have nott recieved the appointment letter yet. i am kind of worried. i remember reading somewhere on this site that it is still possible to get into the embassy with out the letter. is this true..?

thanks for the help.

MARM..you know it took ages for them to get my Packet 3 onto the system. Any then i was being told, yes we have it, no we dont, wait..yes we do..etc. But this was possibly due to the backlog that they had during the summer..and it does look like they have speeded up alot. Got my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!!

hi

ok. i have my interview schedualed for 2 nd Oct, but i have nott recieved the appointment letter yet. i am kind of worried. i remember reading somewhere on this site that it is still possible to get into the embassy with out the letter. is this true..?

thanks for the help.

MARM..you know it took ages for them to get my Packet 3 onto the system. Any then i was being told, yes we have it, no we dont, wait..yes we do..etc. But this was possibly due to the backlog that they had during the summer..and it does look like they have speeded up alot. Got my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!!

Yes, siya you can go to the interview even if you have not received packet 4/interview appointment letter. The check-in guards have an appointment list for the day, and they can verify that you are indeed scheduled for an appointment that day by looking at their sheet. And thanks for the good luck wishes for us, we can't afford to guess at what DOS is telling us anymore as we are on a time crunch now (2 months until my fiance's stay in the UK expires!), so we sent out another DS-157 via Royal Mail Special Recorded Delivery today, and hope that it gets into the system ASAP and then we get the visa ASAP!!!

Edited by MARM

August 2009 Interviews

K-1.....ealachan.......11th Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif

October 2009 Interviews
K-3.....siya.................2nd Oct 2009

hi

thanks for the help.

Yes, siya you can go to the interview even if you have not received packet 4/interview appointment letter. The check-in guards have an appointment list for the day, and they can verify that you are indeed scheduled for an appointment that day by looking at their sheet. And thanks for the good luck wishes for us, we can't afford to guess at what DOS is telling us anymore as we are on a time crunch now (2 months until my fiance's stay in the UK expires!), so we sent out another DS-157 via Royal Mail Special Recorded Delivery today, and hope that it gets into the system ASAP and then we get the visa ASAP!!!

Well I've learned Royal Mail is a mistake lol. We sent our packet 3 August 27th (special next day delivery). We called the Embassy on September 14th to make sure they received it and found out they didn't actually get our packet 3 until September 9th... but we received our appointment letter exactly a week later!

Edited by haleywynne

Well I've learned Royal Mail is a mistake lol. We sent our packet 3 August 27th (special next day delivery). We called the Embassy on September 14th to make sure they received it and found out they didn't actually get our packet 3 until September 9th... but we received our appointment letter exactly a week later!

Thanks to the posties on strike!!! :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

Long time no speak! Congrats to everyone on passing the interviews this month, and good luck to those coming up (I'm sure you'll be fine). I'm all done with the English leg of my journey, plane leaves for Florida at 9am tomorrow morning, nice early one for me! Seems that all I can do is cry at the thought of saying goodbye to everyone at the moment, but hopefully that will get better - no idea how I'm going to get all my stuff to the States! I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone here at VJ, I honestly couldn't have done it without the various replies and hints I received - hopefully everyone elses journey goes as smoothly as mine has.

Good luck guys, and thanks a lot for the help.

See you on the other side of the Atlantic!

Sam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.