Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

MARM when did they finally issue your fiance's visa? I'm shocked that it took this long, after they sent for your fiance's passport ages ago.

I thought your fiance would have received it weeks ago, i've even been on a 6 week holiday back to Scotland and back, popped in to the UK forum and saw that he was still in AP as of last week. That is totally ridiculous. But, i'm glad they finally got their fingers outta their butts and issued the visa!!! :thumbs:

They finally issued the visa TODAY. So hopefully he will have it in hand by Friday. Thanks for checking in on us, we appreciate your support! :yes:

Ignore my happy rants, visa has still not been issued, fiance is in AP :(

DOS reps lie. And it couldn't get any worse than this. If I was told the same old, "still in AP" instead of congratulate me with a "fake approval" it would have been much easier to deal with.

Thanks for your support, though :)

Back to waiting now...

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
MARM when did they finally issue your fiance's visa? I'm shocked that it took this long, after they sent for your fiance's passport ages ago.

I thought your fiance would have received it weeks ago, i've even been on a 6 week holiday back to Scotland and back, popped in to the UK forum and saw that he was still in AP as of last week. That is totally ridiculous. But, i'm glad they finally got their fingers outta their butts and issued the visa!!! :thumbs:

They finally issued the visa TODAY. So hopefully he will have it in hand by Friday. Thanks for checking in on us, we appreciate your support! :yes:

Ignore my happy rants, visa has still not been issued, fiance is in AP :(

DOS reps lie. And it couldn't get any worse than this. If I was told the same old, "still in AP" instead of congratulate me with a "fake approval" it would have been much easier to deal with.

Thanks for your support, though :)

Back to waiting now...

:o:o OMGGGG!!!!! What the heck are they doing!! One rep gives you great news, the other shatters you with the worst news you could possibly hear after you and your fiance were on cloud 9. I can not believe the audacity of these stupid people. :angry: I am so sorry MARM, i wish there was something i could do for you! you guys must be gutted after this. All i can say is 'Keep your chin up, it was their mistake and i'm sure they will rectify their stupidity soon!!' I'll keep checking in on you and your fiance's progress, hopefully you won't have to wait much longer. :thumbs:

My (L) goes out to you!!! (F)(F)

Maria

Separated!!

:o:o OMGGGG!!!!! What the heck are they doing!! One rep gives you great news, the other shatters you with the worst news you could possibly hear after you and your fiance were on cloud 9. I can not believe the audacity of these stupid people. :angry: I am so sorry MARM, i wish there was something i could do for you! you guys must be gutted after this. All i can say is 'Keep your chin up, it was their mistake and i'm sure they will rectify their stupidity soon!!' I'll keep checking in on you and your fiance's progress, hopefully you won't have to wait much longer. :thumbs:

My (L) goes out to you!!! (F)(F)

Maria

Thanks so much Maria :star: The worst part is that whatever they say or do at DOS, they can get away with it, even if they have misinformed, because it doesn't change anything. They can tell me a different story everyday, but the fact is that it is still processing, so one lesson we have learned is do not trust DOS. That is why we took it upon ourselves to email the embassy (and that too, my fiance had to call 3X to get a different operator that would give him the email code. The other two wasted his time and money, telling him he doesn't need an email code). Anyway, we are hoping to get out of this mess soon. It has really taken over our lives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Marm, thats totally awful! I cant believe the stuff you gotta go through! So stupid..omg....I wish there could be something I could say that could make it better but i know there isnt, its just the damn wait's a pain in the butt! For me, sometimes, ok well all the time I wish I could just jump on that plane and to heck with it all! But well..u know...lol

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Marm, thats totally awful! I cant believe the stuff you gotta go through! So stupid..omg....I wish there could be something I could say that could make it better but i know there isnt, its just the damn wait's a pain in the butt! For me, sometimes, ok well all the time I wish I could just jump on that plane and to heck with it all! But well..u know...lol

How I wish that it was as easy as that... And it is going to be a year in a few weeks since we have taken trips to see each other :( We kept putting off trips because we are saving for AOS and a trip to Pakistan before his POE in the USA and all of that, and because we kept thinking the visa was going to show up much earlier than now. Thanks for the support :star:

Edited by MARM

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi

i totally understand you MARM. i have just got the shock of my life from DOS on wednesday too.

I have a K3 application for which i sent the package 3 off on 1 July 2009.

The DOS and US embassy both said they had not recieved it or recorded it.

In late August DOS told me, Yes we do have it, its processed, just awaiting an interview spot..

Woohoooo!!

we kept phoneing, just incase..waiting game

did that happen? Oh NO!!

on Wednesday my husband (USC) phoned DOS..apparently the DS-230 was now missing..

I called the US embassy. They did not have a record of anything..ANYTHING!!!

i swear, i wanted to cry (i started to cry) and punch someone in the face.. :angry:

The guy gace me the email code thankfully, so i am now just awaiting a reply. I do have a new set of forms completed so i can send them off if need be..

but yes ...DOS LIE..LIE and oh, wait... LIE

hi

i totally understand you MARM. i have just got the shock of my life from DOS on wednesday too.

I have a K3 application for which i sent the package 3 off on 1 July 2009.

The DOS and US embassy both said they had not recieved it or recorded it.

In late August DOS told me, Yes we do have it, its processed, just awaiting an interview spot..

Woohoooo!!

we kept phoneing, just incase..waiting game

did that happen? Oh NO!!

on Wednesday my husband (USC) phoned DOS..apparently the DS-230 was now missing..

I called the US embassy. They did not have a record of anything..ANYTHING!!!

i swear, i wanted to cry (i started to cry) and punch someone in the face.. :angry:

The guy gace me the email code thankfully, so i am now just awaiting a reply. I do have a new set of forms completed so i can send them off if need be..

but yes ...DOS LIE..LIE and oh, wait... LIE

Oh my! I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this. We just sent in a new DS-157 because the embassy requested us too...I am thinking they lost his first one or something because we did send on in Feb 09. And yes, DOS is very misleading. I only found out about the new DS-157 form requested from my fiance because a DOS rep accidentally let it out while speaking to me...she asked me, did your fiance submit a new DS-157? And my reaction was, "what? he submit one before the interview...back in Feb 09" And she cut me off to say "I am asking about NOW". And I said no, and that was that. And then today I realized she didn't give me the complete information, so I called DOS and luckily got Jessica (the best DOS rep) and she gave me the details that yes, the embassy asked for my fiance's DS-157 on Sept 15, 09 and they put a note in the system, blah blah. So unless you get someone nice at DOS, you have to play games with them so that they can give you the right information. London is pretty quick this week about replying to emails. My fiance sent one yesterday and he got a reply today from them, so we sent in the form today too, as they did indeed request a new DS-157. I hope that you don't have to send in a whole set of new forms and that it is just the DS-230-I that they want. But it is great that you are prepared in case they say they want all the new forms...DOS reps DO LIE, that is a fact! It's like they purposely want to mess with your life! As if it isn't enough going through this hellish process anyway! Especially for people that have been following all the rules and doing the right things all along, this stuff is NOT needed. I hope that you get to hear back from the embassy soon! Post an update here as soon as you know!

Timeline

Me and Nigel made his medical appointment today for the 28th of this month, so we're rollin' right along, we're gonna send off packet 3 probably by the end of the month cause I sent him the barcode form that we had to fill and print, being his printer's all messed up....so I sent THAT on Thursday so he should get it next week sometime...so that packet 3's pretty much done....from all the people posting on this thread it looks like everyone got their interviews within a month of sending packet 3 so that is good news about the London consulate.....so maybe we'll get a November interview....still stewing about his "NO LIVE TRACE" on his UK police certificate thingie and he doesnt know when he let the air out of his neighbors tires when he was a teenager...lol...so hopefully London wont make TOO MUCH of a stink about that.....i bet we'll get a REF on that one....

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

My fiance and I just got our letter today!!! Our interview date is Oct. 22 :)

We sent our packet 3 out Aug 27th, but they didn't get it until Sept. 9th. Then Ash called them and they told him 6-8 weeks for packet 4 and 6-8 weeks from then until the interview... they told him that on Wednesday haha.

Anyway, YAY!!!!! :D

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh my! I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this. We just sent in a new DS-157 because the embassy requested us too...I am thinking they lost his first one or something because we did send on in Feb 09. And yes, DOS is very misleading. I only found out about the new DS-157 form requested from my fiance because a DOS rep accidentally let it out while speaking to me...she asked me, did your fiance submit a new DS-157? And my reaction was, "what? he submit one before the interview...back in Feb 09" And she cut me off to say "I am asking about NOW". And I said no, and that was that. And then today I realized she didn't give me the complete information, so I called DOS and luckily got Jessica (the best DOS rep) and she gave me the details that yes, the embassy asked for my fiance's DS-157 on Sept 15, 09 and they put a note in the system, blah blah. So unless you get someone nice at DOS, you have to play games with them so that they can give you the right information. London is pretty quick this week about replying to emails. My fiance sent one yesterday and he got a reply today from them, so we sent in the form today too, as they did indeed request a new DS-157. I hope that you don't have to send in a whole set of new forms and that it is just the DS-230-I that they want. But it is great that you are prepared in case they say they want all the new forms...DOS reps DO LIE, that is a fact! It's like they purposely want to mess with your life! As if it isn't enough going through this hellish process anyway! Especially for people that have been following all the rules and doing the right things all along, this stuff is NOT needed. I hope that you get to hear back from the embassy soon! Post an update here as soon as you know!

thanks MARM, this whole thing is turning into one big joke...

My husband wants me to go to the US until we hear anything but i just want to be here if something props up. This distance thing is just so hard. i understand that you have been away from your fiance for a while too. its so tough, and its like it puts this strain on the relationship. i feel physically sick at times..

That was a quick response on the email. i sent it on Thurday and they said wait 3/4 days average. so lets see. i am praying that they answer.

And you are so right about the reps at DOS. some are really bad, before you even finish asking they say ' its still being processed' and hang up..!!!

i think my husband has talked to Jessica. Although, now we have our lawyer involved who has said that the London embassy has been messing up for a while now. mmmmm...anyway he is getting some liasion team involved..so lets see

and yes...somehow it ends up being a nightmare for those that are the most organised, (have folders in alphabetical order :blush: ) and follow the rules...it sucks..

the other thing is..i want to start my Masters in Sept 2010. But the application deadline is in Febuary 2010. i need to get my residential status sorted before i apply (VISA). i am so worried that things wont get sorted in time and that it will be another year that goes to waste. i wanted to do the degree in Sept 2008..and since then every year something props up. Work, marriage and now this....

they are actually playing games with peoples future's here..

thanks MARM, this whole thing is turning into one big joke...

My husband wants me to go to the US until we hear anything but i just want to be here if something props up. This distance thing is just so hard. i understand that you have been away from your fiance for a while too. its so tough, and its like it puts this strain on the relationship. i feel physically sick at times..

That was a quick response on the email. i sent it on Thurday and they said wait 3/4 days average. so lets see. i am praying that they answer.

And you are so right about the reps at DOS. some are really bad, before you even finish asking they say ' its still being processed' and hang up..!!!

i think my husband has talked to Jessica. Although, now we have our lawyer involved who has said that the London embassy has been messing up for a while now. mmmmm...anyway he is getting some liasion team involved..so lets see

and yes...somehow it ends up being a nightmare for those that are the most organised, (have folders in alphabetical order :blush: ) and follow the rules...it sucks..

the other thing is..i want to start my Masters in Sept 2010. But the application deadline is in Febuary 2010. i need to get my residential status sorted before i apply (VISA). i am so worried that things wont get sorted in time and that it will be another year that goes to waste. i wanted to do the degree in Sept 2008..and since then every year something props up. Work, marriage and now this....

they are actually playing games with peoples future's here..

I completely understand :yes:

It's nice that you have a lawyer getting some liaison team involved. Also, London has sped up processing now, so don't worry things will get sorted out soon! And hopefully there will be plenty of time to get residential status once you get the K-1, just make the POE ASAP after receipt of the visa, and if you time your marriage to be immediately upon your arrival to the USA, your residential status will begin once you get your NOA1s for the AOS. Best wishes as always!

-MARM

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Interviews
CR-1..tomsarah11.....3rd Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....settler72.......10th Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....ealachan.......11th Sept 2009 - Approved pending medical results
K-1.....embo123.......28th Sept 2009

October 2009 Interviews
K-1.....haleywynne....22nd Oct 2009

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
MARM...............12th May 2009 - Administrative Processing
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
still stewing about his "NO LIVE TRACE" on his UK police certificate thingie and he doesnt know when he let the air out of his neighbors tires when he was a teenager

If he can he should try and track down the paperwork for this before the interview. They do usually ask to see something official detailing how the case was disposed off. Either a copy of the court record or caution details or however else it got dealt with.

As you have time now better to see what can be done before an interview than delay things afterward.

Good starting point if there was a no live trace on the PNC there is a spent record on there. Go to web site of your local police force and get a data access request form (PNC check) and send it off. It will come back from Scotland Yard and should show the spent conviction on it. In fact when you fill the form out ask for all spent and live traces to be shown. It is the way police certificates for US immigration used to be done before ACPO got involved and only do half the job. Then he will at least know when it happened and the Embassy can see how it was dealt with if/when they ask. Do not send the Embassy this form only the ACPO police certificate, this one is for you to use when asked for details about the event.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

I think i will tell Nigel about that....i read somewhere it takes 40 days to get however...i'll have to check....thanks!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Okay, so...

My fiance just got his interview date in 4 weeks and we're both a little nervous and worried that we might be missing something.

Things I plan on taking right now are:

I-134 x 2 (One filled out for me and one from my dad who is the co-sponsor)

-Copes of my and Dad's birth certificate (longform)

-Tax transcripts from past 3 years (for me and my dad)

-W-2s

-Letter from Dad's employer stating stable job/salary

-Recent paystubs

Fiance's birth certificate and passport

Police certificate

Copy of I-129F packet

Evidence of ongoing relationship (Let me know if this is too much or not enough)

-Several photos since we filed the petition w/dates and locations

-Our flight itineraries and boarding passes that we have since we filed the petition

-Passports with stamps

-Some MSN convos/print screens w/ webcam

-Skype history

-(Do you think a postcard I got from his parents will be worth taking?)

Whatever the medical gives you to take

Am I forgetting something? I need to get started on this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.