Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hey guys havn't been bak to this site ever since i've been approved pending police clearance. This pending has not changed whatsoever. So in the past month, i have gone from people in Sri Lanka telling me the police clearance has been cancelled to having to apply again!!! This particular person asking for $1600 US dollars to get the clearance since it is urgent for us now. Come to find out he is trying to rip us off...we found someone else who has more influence in the police headquarters. Just found out today that the clearance has been stopped by the NIB!! National Investigation Bureau. WHY WHY WHY??? they say becoz too many people cam asking so tehy got suspicious. Of course loads of ppl would come and ask since my fiance's visa is expiredddd!!! oh man..the wedding is in November and i am scared he wont be here. These 3rd world countries suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. they take foreverrrrrrrr!!! i am so stressed....and losing more weight by the minute. I thought the interview was the scariest part. I've passed the interview its teh damn clearance that i've been waiting for since FEBRUARY!!!!! ahhhh...God help!!

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Sorry about all the frustration with the Sri Lankan police certificate :(

I hope that you can sort it out ASAP. What do you mean the NIB stopped the clearance? I don't think any one can stop you from getting a police clearance. Did you make definite plans for the wedding? I hope not, because with this whole immigration process, you never know when you are really done. Hope you get the clearance soon.

It doesn't look like London has gotten things back up to speed yet, and I really hope they do ASAP because we too are sick of waiting so long.

Referring to London embassy not sre if it is the case every where else but when you sent your packet 3 in while they are taking their time. there no way someone can trace packet 3 reception. it seems like until they made a decision there is no way to know or trace with the embassy whether or not the packet has effectively been delivered.

that puzzles a little bit

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys havn't been bak to this site ever since i've been approved pending police clearance. This pending has not changed whatsoever. So in the past month, i have gone from people in Sri Lanka telling me the police clearance has been cancelled to having to apply again!!! This particular person asking for $1600 US dollars to get the clearance since it is urgent for us now. Come to find out he is trying to rip us off...we found someone else who has more influence in the police headquarters. Just found out today that the clearance has been stopped by the NIB!! National Investigation Bureau. WHY WHY WHY??? they say becoz too many people cam asking so tehy got suspicious. Of course loads of ppl would come and ask since my fiance's visa is expiredddd!!! oh man..the wedding is in November and i am scared he wont be here. These 3rd world countries suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. they take foreverrrrrrrr!!! i am so stressed....and losing more weight by the minute. I thought the interview was the scariest part. I've passed the interview its teh damn clearance that i've been waiting for since FEBRUARY!!!!! ahhhh...God help!!

:crying::crying::crying:

I hope that you can sort it out ASAP. What do you mean the NIB stopped the clearance? I don't think any one can stop you from getting a police clearance. Did you make definite plans for the wedding? I hope not, because with this whole immigration process, you never know when you are really done. Hope you get the clearance soon.

It doesn't look like London has gotten things back up to speed yet, and I really hope they do ASAP because we too are sick of waiting so long.

Referring to London embassy not sre if it is the case every where else but when you sent your packet 3 in while they are taking their time. there no way someone can trace packet 3 reception. it seems like until they made a decision there is no way to know or trace with the embassy whether or not the packet has effectively been delivered.

that puzzles a little bit

Why not call the Dept of State and ask them if packet 3's been received or if an interview date's been issued?

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Hey Marm, I know how you feel. So much frustration!!!!! Especially you waiting from May on. I just don't get it..what could they be possibly doing with your stuff??!!! Well, my wedding is a Hindu wedding..so we look at the date, teh time...the stars, moons,...so on...to actually get married. So, yes teh date is confirmed November 15th!!

The NIB apparently stopped the clearance due to suspicion of whole lots of different ppl asking about my fiance's clearance. They were taking so damn long so we would have someone different to go to the headquarters every week. Different ppl only becoz...we don't know these ppl..they do this for money..bribery of course. Nothing gets done in SL without handing them money!!!! There was a civil war there till recently it have been confirmed over. So for all those ppl who've been protesting in UK< US< canada..(minority) that is..are being punished. I heard taht if they find a picture of you protesting, tehn that would delay things just becoz they doubt you as being part of the minority group fighters..Which i dont get..coz these ppl are just voicing their opinions. So yea...things don't look like they are getting btter...it is scaring me. I hope things work out for you soon. You guys will be in my prayers. Good Luck.

Timeline

July 97 We met for the first time in Sri Lanka

Sept 97 Left Sri Lanka (Kept in touch for 5 yrs via phone and air mail

Aug 05 Met in London for ONE hr during my transfer flight back to United States. (Fiance on student visa-UK)

Sept 06 Went to London for 2 wks (it went soooooo fast :o()

Aug 08, 2008 Sent out I 129 F

Aug 13 I 129F received at Vermont Service Center

Aug 14 NOA1

Aug 19 touched.......waiting for my NOA2...i want to skip the touches :-(

Jan 21 NOA2 as written on notice

Jan 23 NVC received petition

Jan 26 NVC sent out petition to London Consulate

Jan 26 2009 Received NOA2 copy via air mail (letter states approval Jan 21st) YEAAHHH!!!![/color]

Feb 5 2009 letter sent out from UK embassy of US (package 3)

Feb 9 2009 fiance (petitioner) received package 3

Jun 23 2009 sent package 3

Jun 26 2009 embassy received package 3

July 23 2009 fiance received package 4 for interview dated August 7, 2009 @ 8AM

August 7, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Nov 4, 2009 POE in New York

Hey Marm, I know how you feel. So much frustration!!!!! Especially you waiting from May on. I just don't get it..what could they be possibly doing with your stuff??!!! Well, my wedding is a Hindu wedding..so we look at the date, teh time...the stars, moons,...so on...to actually get married. So, yes teh date is confirmed November 15th!!

The NIB apparently stopped the clearance due to suspicion of whole lots of different ppl asking about my fiance's clearance. They were taking so damn long so we would have someone different to go to the headquarters every week. Different ppl only becoz...we don't know these ppl..they do this for money..bribery of course. Nothing gets done in SL without handing them money!!!! There was a civil war there till recently it have been confirmed over. So for all those ppl who've been protesting in UK< US< canada..(minority) that is..are being punished. I heard taht if they find a picture of you protesting, tehn that would delay things just becoz they doubt you as being part of the minority group fighters..Which i dont get..coz these ppl are just voicing their opinions. So yea...things don't look like they are getting btter...it is scaring me. I hope things work out for you soon. You guys will be in my prayers. Good Luck.

Oh yes, I am amiliar with Hindu weddings (thanks to Bollywood and great Indian TV serials :yes: ), so that is why your date is set in stone. Have you looked at the Sri Lankan portal here on VJ, this is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.p...untry=Sri+Lanka I hope you can find some VJ Sri Lankan members that can help you out with the police certificate issue. We too hope you get everything sorted out, good luck and post updates.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Interviews
CR-1..tomsarah11..3rd Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....settler72.......10 Sept 2009
K-1.....ealachan.......11 Sept 2009 - Approved pending medical results

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
MARM...............12th May 2009 - Administrative Processing
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Had my K-1 interview yesterday. Approved immediatley. Fantastic.

Flight is now booked for next Saturday and I cant wait.

Printed a ton of evidence material such as IM chats, Emails, Photo's, Phone Records, Flight details from prevoius trips, etc etc. They didnt ask for any of it. ll they wanted to see was the Affidavit of Support and my fiancee's 2008 W-2 Tax Return..

Questions asked were...

How did you meet?

When did you meet for the first time in person?

How may times have you beed to the states?

How long did you go for?

How did you propose? Did you hae the ring already?

Tell me a bit about your wedding plans?

Then he said Congratulations you are all done. That was it.

Fantastic!!!!!!

5ityaonulq.png

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Interviews
CR-1..tomsarah11..3rd Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....settler72.......10 Sept 2009520715s54t2dwed4.gif
K-1.....ealachan.......11 Sept 2009 - Approved pending medical results

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
MARM...............12th May 2009 - Administrative Processing
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Finally we have obtained my husbands UK medical records and Immunization.

I know I seen somewhere a list of what my husband needs to have had on the forum can anybody tell me where it is or a link to it so we can check what if any he needs?

Then we just need to schedule the medical before filing!

Thanks

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello, I am currently waiting to hear from London about my K1 interview date. It's been over a month now since I sent back the checklist and packet 3 and have heard nothing...

So, I am wondering how long on average other London K1-ers have had to wait for the letter?

(Apologies if this info has already been posted somewhere else - I have searched high and low for it!)

Filed I129F: 18th February 2009

NOA 1: 24th February 2009

NOA 2: 10th July 2009

Received Packet 3: 28th July 2009

Packet 3 sent to London embassy: 5th August 2009

Medical: 7th August 2009

K1 Interview: September 2009

Visa received: September 2009

Moved to USA: 19th October 2009

Married: 23rd October 2009

Green Card received: March 2010

It seems like this thread is so less busier than it used to be... where are all the Brits???

macd, get your fiance to call DOS from USA (which is much cheaper than calling London embassy). They should be able to tell you if there's anymore info on your file. They will also be able to tell you if an interview has been scheduled.

MARM...urgh...I can't believe you are still in this mess! I think back to when I was going through my interview process & you were giving advice! you must feel like you are in limbo! You are to me like Sara (Estadia), totally helpful to everyone else but going through so much stress & heartache yourself & still helping others. Good for you! People like you always get rewarded in the end! :thumbs: I hope your fiance gets out of AP soon.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

It seems like this thread is so less busier than it used to be... where are all the Brits???

macd, get your fiance to call DOS from USA (which is much cheaper than calling London embassy). They should be able to tell you if there's anymore info on your file. They will also be able to tell you if an interview has been scheduled.

MARM...urgh...I can't believe you are still in this mess! I think back to when I was going through my interview process & you were giving advice! you must feel like you are in limbo! You are to me like Sara (Estadia), totally helpful to everyone else but going through so much stress & heartache yourself & still helping others. Good for you! People like you always get rewarded in the end! :thumbs: I hope your fiance gets out of AP soon.

Hey MonkeyJuice, so nice to hear from you! I am sure you were probably posting in the UK 2009 AOS thread, I have been reading that religiously, hoping our time to file AOS will come soon! Yup, we are still in this insane AP limbo, and its funny that you mention Sara (Estadia) because I just PMed here yesterday asking her for help on who to email/mail so that we can get straight answers as to what is going on and hopefully expedite my fiance's visa. I am so happy for her and Perviz, hopefully he will join her here soon, it has been long overdue. She is a patient and caring soul, bless her heart. Thanks for the good wishes, hope you are enjoying life here in the USA and adjusting well. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks MonkeyJuice! I will ask him to make the call. Good question too = where is everyone?! :blink: a bit quiet around here

Filed I129F: 18th February 2009

NOA 1: 24th February 2009

NOA 2: 10th July 2009

Received Packet 3: 28th July 2009

Packet 3 sent to London embassy: 5th August 2009

Medical: 7th August 2009

K1 Interview: September 2009

Visa received: September 2009

Moved to USA: 19th October 2009

Married: 23rd October 2009

Green Card received: March 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks MonkeyJuice! I will ask him to make the call. Good question too = where is everyone?! :blink: a bit quiet around here

I know someone else who has been waiting just a bit longer than you. Don't forget most of the consular staff are American and a lot come home in August for a vacation. Slows things way down, happens every year.

Packet 4s have started being sent out again. The person I know who was waiting theirs was sent out Tuesday just gone with an interview date later this month.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.