Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
4th August 2009......imaisha..................CR-1520715s54t2dwed4.gif
7th August 2009.......Thayani.................K-1
11th August 2009....Sherri and Matt........K-1
14th August 2009.....Speeditup..............K-3
20th August 2009....sammills89..............K-1

Still waiting for approval 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
stevi1123.........16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Dave and Jess..10th March 2009 ?
The Dip Sticks..25th March 2009 ?
PB&JAM............22nd May 2009 - Denied, to file waiver
grapeeyes.........30th June 2009 ?

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED
Updates/New entries/Changes highlighted in blue - will go to normal color in the next update.
Please let us know if you have an Interview Date to add to the list, updated information or corrections.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well the big day is closing in, fast! 2 weeks tomorrow until our fate is decided, I'm so horrifically nervous it's hurting at the moment! I'm convinced that even after the delay with the medical, when I called they said it had been sent to the embassy (I was told that they wouldn't send it if there was a problem) but I managed to make myself beleive that maybe they sent it despite there being a problem because I'm that bad! Can they do that?! Also the whole 'warning as a minor' thing (see other posts) has really got me beat down. I just want it all to be over and I'm convinced we'll be having a 'denied' next to my name :(

Well done to everyone else who passed though, really is great news! Well done! And good luck to those coming up :)

The Sam's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Congrats Yvie and Brett!!!

Hope to see more good news. Well time is nearing for me. About another 38 hours and we will know :(. No clearance yet. I don't want to b placed into AP then I run into more problems. The wedding is in NOVEMBER!!!!!! awww.... i was wondering...I applied for this K1 visa within 2 yrs of meeting. I last met him in 2006 and applied in 2008. I still havn't seen him..it'll be 3 yrs this september....will that be bad??? I have my phone bills that we have spoken every single day!!!!!!

Timeline

July 97 We met for the first time in Sri Lanka

Sept 97 Left Sri Lanka (Kept in touch for 5 yrs via phone and air mail

Aug 05 Met in London for ONE hr during my transfer flight back to United States. (Fiance on student visa-UK)

Sept 06 Went to London for 2 wks (it went soooooo fast :o()

Aug 08, 2008 Sent out I 129 F

Aug 13 I 129F received at Vermont Service Center

Aug 14 NOA1

Aug 19 touched.......waiting for my NOA2...i want to skip the touches :-(

Jan 21 NOA2 as written on notice

Jan 23 NVC received petition

Jan 26 NVC sent out petition to London Consulate

Jan 26 2009 Received NOA2 copy via air mail (letter states approval Jan 21st) YEAAHHH!!!![/color]

Feb 5 2009 letter sent out from UK embassy of US (package 3)

Feb 9 2009 fiance (petitioner) received package 3

Jun 23 2009 sent package 3

Jun 26 2009 embassy received package 3

July 23 2009 fiance received package 4 for interview dated August 7, 2009 @ 8AM

August 7, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Nov 4, 2009 POE in New York

Hope to see more good news. Well time is nearing for me. About another 38 hours and we will know :(. No clearance yet. I don't want to b placed into AP then I run into more problems. The wedding is in NOVEMBER!!!!!! awww.... i was wondering...I applied for this K1 visa within 2 yrs of meeting. I last met him in 2006 and applied in 2008. I still havn't seen him..it'll be 3 yrs this september....will that be bad??? I have my phone bills that we have spoken every single day!!!!!!

As long as you met the requirement at the time of filing the petition you should be fine HOWEVER, prepare your fiance for the fact that they will probably question why you have not seen each other for so long.

I applaud you! I dont know how you guys have managed to remain so strong and not have seen each other for all that time! I was going crazy at 3 months!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
25th August 2009....viknkam..................K-1

Updates/New entries/Changes highlighted in blue - will go to normal color in the next update.
Please let us know if you have an Interview Date to add to the list, updated information or corrections.

Timeline

As long as you met the requirement at the time of filing the petition you should be fine HOWEVER, prepare your fiance for the fact that they will probably question why you have not seen each other for so long.

I applaud you! I dont know how you guys have managed to remain so strong and not have seen each other for all that time! I was going crazy at 3 months!

Thanks..its definately hard!!! You c other ppl and just wonder...its depressing sometimes..but u know.i'm waiting for that moment..and that is why this means so much to me..i wldn't know wut to do if it was refused :(.. ahhh..another 7 more hours and i will know!!! I don;t know if i'm willing to find out :-(

Timeline

Aug 05 Met in London for ONE hr during my transfer flight back to United States. (Fiance on student visa-UK)

Aug 14 NOA1

Jan 26 2009 Received NOA2 copy via air mail (letter states approval Jan 21st) YEAAHHH!!!![/color]

Hi i have actually got my interview for CR-1 not K-3. Not sure why my account still says K3, as I hav changed my account to CR-1 on my timeline!!

August 2009 Interviews

Sent I-130 - 15 Aug 2008

I-130 NOA1 - 26 Aug 2008

Sent I-129f - 29 Aug 2008

I-129f NOA1 - 3 Sept 2008

Last Updated 4 Sept 2008

Sent letter to congress 9 March 2009 - no response

Spoke to CSC - "background checks" - 9 April 2009

APPROVAL NOTICE i-130 & i-129f - Received 21 April 2009

Got NVC Case no - 30 April 09

DS3032 generated - 1 May 09

Emailed DS3032 - 5 May 09

AOS fee paid online - 8 May 09

Sent AOS package - 13 May 09

Received IV email - 18 May 09

IV fee paid online - 10 June 09 (delay as was considering K3 at this point but the K3 interview was July 15th, so decided CR1 better and only 1 month longer!)

IV package sent - 17 June 09

CASE COMPLETE - 1 July 09

Interview date recieved via email - 9 July 09

Medical - 11 August 09

Interview 14 August 09

Timeline

Guess what guyssssssssssssssssssssss? :dance: :dance: :dance: My fiance got approved!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

unfortunately, i dont know if i shld be really happy or not..seeing that it is approved pending police clearance.

Apparently, there will be a courier service sent to ur house to obtain the police clearance and ur passport. So, hopefully he gets his clearance soon.

So, about the interview as far as my fiance had told me..HE WAS DRILLED!!! nice lady but drilled him with questions..and also arrested at the end!!!! Yea the story gets interesting..so i figured all you guys might want to read.

Fiance showed up at Goulds Pharmacy at 7:30, dropped off his phone and went in.

Some asian lady who didn't seem so pleasant asked for documents, I-134, police certificates, and tax return.

She asked him where his clearance for Sri Lanka was he replied he applied 6 months and have not received it yet.

Anyway, he went to counter 1 gave his passport. they looked at it and had him sit for an hour.

Called in for interview (drilling starts):

-Were you ever refused visa to the US? (Yes)

-Why? (due to not having enough ties in the UK that promises I will return from the US)

-Why did you apply? (To see my uncle)

-So you didn't want to see your fiance? (I did but I applied for my Uncles 25th wedding anniversary celebration)

-You plan to get married, how come you don't sound like you wanted to go to the US to see your fiance? (I"m, sorry I'm trying to say that the reason why I applied was for my Uncles 25th anniversary as per application)

-What's your fiance's best friends name? (lol..he actually remembered although i did not rehearse any of this)

-What do they do together? (they hang out)

-Hang out where? (mall, shopping, restaurants..etc)

-Which restaurant? ( She likes indian food, so she goes out to indian restaurants mostly)

-Do you celebrate Christmas? (Yes)

-What did you get her for Christmas? (A small display statue of a man kissing on the forehead of a woman)

-What did she get you for Christmas? (greeting card and I got clothes)

-Why havn't you seen each other in 3 years? (Because I had school and she has a running business that she cannot

leave)

-You saw her in 2005? (yes)

-For how long? (1 hour)

-She came to see you for 1 hour? (She went to Sri Lanka on vacation, and I met her at her transit time in the UK)

-How many days did she come to the UK in 2006? (15 days)

-Where did you get engaged? (Grafton Hotel)--interviewer looked at the receipt that I saved from the day!!!!!

-Did you exchange rings? (Yes, and he showed it)

-How did her ring look like? (plain gold, with a white stone in the middle)

-Where did you exchange rings? (Grafton)

-Where are you getting married? (At the temple)

-Which temple? (he didnt know the name in english so he said it in tamil) She said what but still jotted the name down!!!

He was told he was approved and told him to call the courier service once he receives his police clearance!! :dance: :dance: ...So happily he leaves the embassy..hehe..

Some woman approaches him outside and points to the cops that they want to see him. So he walks over to the cops and they tell him he is underarrest :blink::wacko:

Fiance goes what for? They tell him he has overstayed!!!!! His visa expired on July 31st and the American Embassy noticed it and called the Home Office. So my fiance goes no I have applied for extension. And they tell him according to rules and regulations they have to take him in. He was about to be handcuffed, so fiance tells the cops..i am not a criminal theres no need to handcuff me in public!! So the cop goes "we have to, its the law." So, he just handcuffs one hand and holds the other. Gets to the station, and they question him and they look at the computer to see if he had extension. Nothing was in the system yet. So while they were calling the home office they were questioning fiance about his shoe size (so they cld get him a jail uniform hahaha). My fiance said he wants a lawyer and an interpreter and says i am allowed to stay in UK for 28 days after my visa has expired. So they told him, that is the immigration, we don't know about the immigration laws!!! My fiance got pissed and says..i have not slept yesterday, i ahve not ate, i have not drank water. So they go we have pork would u like to eat. He goes NO, some water and I would like to go home. So after an hour and half at the station the home office finally found his letter and said he had filed for extension!!! grrrr...So my fiance basically said it would be nice if they would find all this out b4 they arrested him and asked if this is going to be on his records. they told him no it will not be on his records and apologized. So This was his eventful day at the embassy!!!!

So, bit of advice...send out an extension if your visa has expired and you are going to an interview!!!! His interview was at 8 am. He got out of the embassy at 11:45AM. got out of the police station 1PM. They interview would have been quicker but fiance thinks they were researching on his expired visa on his passport. So, I will keep an update as to what is going on..Good Luck to the rest of you. I feel relieved but wouldve been happier if he had the clearance ...he cldve been her next week :angry: Oh well!! i'll be content for now.

Thanks for all of your support guys....I don't know what I would have done without reading all your messages. It has been a tough journey made easier. I hope the best for all of you.

Timeline

Aug 14 NOA1

Guess what guyssssssssssssssssssssss?

Thanks for all of your support guys....I don't know what I would have done without reading all your messages. It has been a tough journey made easier. I hope the best for all of you.

WOW! What a nightmare with the UKHO! I am so sorry that happened :(. Thank God my fiance had his extension before the interview (even though they took so long to return the passport...). And thank God that viknkam got their extension successfully approved!

But on a different note....

Congrats :dance: on the approval pending police clearance!

Edited by MARM

August 2009 Interviews
7th August 2009.......Thayani.................K-1 - APPROVED PENDING POLICE CLEARANCE

I'm sorry to hear aboyt your fiance's ordeal at the Embassy. What a nightmare - they didn't even know about immigration law? Then how come they're able to arrest based on immigration?? Makes no sense.

I'm glad you were approved pending police document... I hope it goes smoothly from here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok so looks like we are in a fix again! My fiancee got a call today from her senator's office(we had them involved quite late in our petition return process) that the embassy called them on 4th August that I have an interview scheduled for monday 10th August but right now I don't have the interview letter and royal mail is on strike till monday if am correct! I have called the extortion line and they have asked to email them but that's no good since we won't get any response by monday. What is a man to do?...LOL. This process always gives you something to worry about! aaaarrrrggggghhhhh

Can I still attend this interview or just wait for them to reschedule?

Edited by Aniomaman

Ok so looks like we are in a fix again! My fiancee got a call today from her senator's office(we had them involved quite late in our petition return process) that the embassy called them on 4th August that I have an interview scheduled for monday 10th August but right now I don't have the interview letter and royal mail is on strike till monday if am correct! I have called the extortion line and they have asked to email them but that's no good since we won't get any response by monday. What is a man to do?...LOL. This process always gives you something to worry about! aaaarrrrggggghhhhh

Can I still attend this interview or just wait for them to reschedule?

Yes you can still attend the interview as scheduled. Even if you don't have the appointment letter, your name will be on the list with the security personnel who check you in the embassy on the day of the interview. Don't miss your interview date and time just because you don't have the letter, because if you are scheduled for an interview and don't show up, it will have its consequences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.