Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Just about to book my train tickets to London for the interview and medical on June 1st...I've basically got two choices I can either arrive in London(Euston) at around 7:30am or 8:15am. Based on previous experiences how soon should I arrive before the 9am appointment and thus which of the two should I take, thanks!

If those are your only two options, then most definitely look to arrive at 07:15. The earlier you're in line outside the embassy, the sooner you're done with it. :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, prima and jay, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess

May 2009 Interviews
1st May 2009.....Graziumphry..................K-1520715s54t2dwed4.gif
1st May 2009.....emma77........................K-1520715s54t2dwed4.gif
5th May 2009.....Monkey Juice.................K-1520715s54t2dwed4.gif
5th May 2009.....Gemmie.........................K-1520715s54t2dwed4.gif
12th May 2009....MARM...........................K-1- APPROVED PENDING PASSPORT
12th May 2009....mrs_sdp.......................K-1- APPROVED PENDING MEDICAL
15th May 2009....H&V..............................K-1520715s54t2dwed4.gif
19th May 2009....laura819.......................K-1
22nd May 2009...PB&JAM.........................K-1
29th May 2009...Bob and Patricia.............K-1

June 2009 Interviews
1st June 2009......JimandChristy...............K-1
4th June 2009......Nik+Heather.................K-1
12th June 2009....Ellie-and-David..............K-1

Still waiting for approval 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
stevi1123..........16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Marie620..........12th January 2009 - Denied
Dave and Jess..10th March 2009 ?
The Dip Sticks..25th March 2009 ?
Alixhilary..........27th April 2009- Approved pending additional documentation

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED
Updates/New entries/changes highlighted in blue - will go to normal color in the next update.
Please let us know if you have an Interview Date to add to the list, updated information or corrections.

--------------------------------
Congrats H&V on your approval!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Also congrats to Magpie and KAT&Allie on receiving your visas in hand, good luck at POE!!!
(I had to get rid of some graphics because I surpassed the limit :blush: )

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Just about to book my train tickets to London for the interview and medical on June 1st...I've basically got two choices I can either arrive in London(Euston) at around 7:30am or 8:15am. Based on previous experiences how soon should I arrive before the 9am appointment and thus which of the two should I take, thanks!

If those are your only two options, then most definitely look to arrive at 07:15. The earlier you're in line outside the embassy, the sooner you're done with it. :thumbs:

Cheers Damian, I'm travelling from North Wales so I've got a 2-2.5hr train journey ahead of me, first trains up here are at about 5am from Chester. :thumbs:

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Question!

Because my flight connects at Minneapolis, and I don't actually go through immigration, my POE would technically be Anchorage (my destination), wouldn't it? I have the mysterious brown envelope and everything...

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Timeline
Question!

Because my flight connects at Minneapolis, and I don't actually go through immigration, my POE would technically be Anchorage (my destination), wouldn't it? I have the mysterious brown envelope and everything...

Magpie.

Magpie,

Unless there's some sort of special rule for Alaska that I'm not aware of, you go through immigration at your initial POE, in your case (like mine) Minneapolis. It's soooooooooooo easy (compared to nightmarish POEs like Chicago) and they have a deidcated line clearly marked for new immigrants. :thumbs:

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Question!

Magpie.

Magpie,

Unless there's some sort of special rule for Alaska that I'm not aware of, you go through immigration at your initial POE, in your case (like mine) Minneapolis. It's soooooooooooo easy (compared to nightmarish POEs like Chicago) and they have a deidcated line clearly marked for new immigrants. :thumbs:

Damian

Could you tell me whats so bad about Chicago? I have checked the reviews and haven't seen that many bad ones...

My SO is planning to POE at Chicago, but we can easily change that to another airport if needed...we were just trying to get a direct flight as he doesn't like flying...

Timeline
Damian

Could you tell me whats so bad about Chicago? I have checked the reviews and haven't seen that many bad ones...

My SO is planning to POE at Chicago, but we can easily change that to another airport if needed...we were just trying to get a direct flight as he doesn't like flying...

Laura

Please ignore me; I didn't mean to put the frightners on you! It's just that every time I've flown into O'Hare, the queues at immigration have been horrendous. By comparison, Minneapolis is like going through the line at a small regional airport like Southampton!

And if Chicago is his final destination, absolutely fly there direct. :thumbs:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Damian

Laura

Please ignore me; I didn't mean to put the frightners on you! It's just that every time I've flown into O'Hare, the queues at immigration have been horrendous. By comparison, Minneapolis is like going through the line at a small regional airport like Southampton!

And if Chicago is his final destination, absolutely fly there direct. :thumbs:

Oh yea I definitely agree with you! the lines are horrible! But I thought you meant like, the IOs were horrible or something (which I have actually heard tons of stories from people coming in on the VWP about problems but I hope thats different when you have a visa!). I live 2 hours away from O'hare...but its the closest International airport and driving there to get him is actually easier than having him take a flight to my hometown's tinnnnny airport..there's always issues!

Thanks for calming my nerves...as the interview gets closer I am a MESS! haha

Congratulations magpie and KAT&allie!!!!!

good luck with your journey's and settling in :)

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Magpie,

Thanks a million Damien :D -- I hadn't a clue. I was confused because Anchorage Airport is a POE too, and it said that I had to surrender the envelope to an immigration officer. Minneapolis sounds like a breeze, wooo.

Also, thankums for the congrats, guys. What a journey!

Magpie.

POE at Ohare only seems bad because of the long lines...as I have also read else where in the forums here (although the reviews have noting significantly bad to say about Ohare). I know a few people who came in through family-based immigration and they had no problems at all except the wait time because of the long lines. I live about 30 min from Ohare and my family and I frequently fly in/out of Ohare internationally and domestically and we never had any issues ever, I don't even remember the last time I had to wait long in line. You will be fine, there is no reason to stress about POE at Ohare :no:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline
Magpie,

Thanks a million Damien :D -- I hadn't a clue. I was confused because Anchorage Airport is a POE too, and it said that I had to surrender the envelope to an immigration officer. Minneapolis sounds like a breeze, wooo.

Also, thankums for the congrats, guys. What a journey!

Magpie.

Just a little something else:

When you get off the plane, you head for the line marked "new immigrants" (that'll be the one with the fewest in line ;) ) and hand your envelope to the officer at that station. He or she will open it, and ask you a couple of questions (like "when are you getting married" etc) and that'll be that. I was done with him in less than 5 minutes.

You then have to collect your luggage from the baggage reclaim area - IT DOES NOT GO STRAIGHT THROUGH TO ANCHORAGE!! Once you've done that, you clear customs, and re-check your bag with the TSA staff that that will be waiting for you just outside the customs desk. You have now entered the USA and the Anchorage flight becomes a bog standard internal flight that any USC would take, OK?

Enjoy! :)

POE at Ohare only seems bad because of the long lines...as I have also read else where in the forums here (although the reviews have noting significantly bad to say about Ohare). I know a few people who came in through family-based immigration and they had no problems at all except the wait time because of the long lines. I live about 30 min from Ohare and my family and I frequently fly in/out of Ohare internationally and domestically and we never had any issues ever, I don't even remember the last time I had to wait long in line. You will be fine, there is no reason to stress about POE at Ohare :no:

Correct, MARM. The length of the queues is my only beef with Chicago.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Thanks MARM! I will admit...I am going to miss living only about 40 min from O'hare like when I was at school...I ALWAYS fly out of O'hare...and a 40 min drive is much better than 2 hours! haha. I used to take the Metra to Chicago and then the Blue line..obviously, that takes a long time lol but so cheap...and then i had a HORRENDOUS experience on the blue line and I will NEVER ride it again unless I am with my SO or another male, ever. So the expensive cab rides back sucked but...haha.

Just a little something else:

When you get off the plane, you head for the line marked "new immigrants" (that'll be the one with the fewest in line ;) ) and hand your envelope to the officer at that station. He or she will open it, and ask you a couple of questions (like "when are you getting married" etc) and that'll be that. I was done with him in less than 5 minutes.

You then have to collect your luggage from the baggage reclaim area - IT DOES NOT GO STRAIGHT THROUGH TO ANCHORAGE!! Once you've done that, you clear customs, and re-check your bag with the TSA staff that that will be waiting for you just outside the customs desk. You have now entered the USA and the Anchorage flight becomes a bog standard internal flight that any USC would take, OK?

Enjoy! :)

It's so good you told me that...KLM/Northwest told me I wouldn't have to grab my baggage. Because this whole process has made me a paranoid spaz :bonk:, I just want to clarify:

1) My first flight is to Amsterdam, I won't need to collect baggage/take to the next point

2) Flight to Minneapolis -- I have to go to the New Immigrants line and give my fat brown envelope to the Dude

3) Grab baggage from baggage reclaim in Minneapolis and then change to Anchorage flight

4) Don't have to deal with that kinda process in Anchorage

:D Feel free to bop me over the head if I've utterly got it wrong.

Magpie.

O'Hare was my POE, short queue. Everything was dealt with at the normal desk and the immigration officer was nice and polite, took 15 minutes in total :)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.