jeca

Can a denied tourist visa be a problem at K3 interview?

12 posts in this topic

They didn't tell me for sure why it was denied but I think its because I didn't show enough ties to my home country and they are very strict about that.I certainly hope I won't have any problems with that.

Thanks! I was worried because there is a question on DS-156 form if the applicant has ever been denied a visa and what type of visa. I'm relieved now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

That was my question too. Hope denied of issuance for not having strong tie with homeland will not be a problem anymore...who is going to get back proving strong bond with home country after issuance of K3?

I believe, for the opposite reason of why they did not give us visa before goes for us positive way now. Since we don't have strong tie with our home country, that is why want to live with my husband in his country...make sense ...huh!!! :dance:

Filed: Timeline
I was denied a tourist visa a year ago and I'm afraid that it might make some problems at K3 interview. Do I need to worry about that or not?

Before applying for my K1, I applied for a visitor visa to the US just to visit Daniel. I was denied for the simple reason that I was single and so was he. 3 months later we applied for my K1 and the only time that question came up was in one of the forms - what type of visa and when was it denied and the code (which I had to call the Consulate to check coz I didn't remember). This question never came up during the entire visa process.

K1 and K3 visa are treated different from a tourist visa and a denial will not have any affect on your K3 (unless that denial was because you are inelligible to get a visa to the US). Otherwise relax!

A tourist visa and a K visa are two different things. My husband was denied a tourist visa last year because the consul felt that he was more qualified for an immigrant visa. So we applied a couple of months after the denial via DCF. And now my hubby is the US with me on an IR-1 visa. :star: During his interview he was asked about the denial for teh tourist visa he applied for once. Then the consul just asked him why and then that was it. They were more concerned with the documents pertaining to our application for the IR-1 visa. Good luck!

A tourist visa and a K visa are two different things. My husband was denied a tourist visa last year because the consul felt that he was more qualified for an immigrant visa. So we applied a couple of months after the denial via DCF. And now my hubby is the US with me on an IR-1 visa. :star: During his interview he was asked about the denial for teh tourist visa he applied for once. Then the consul just asked him why and then that was it. They were more concerned with the documents pertaining to our application for the IR-1 visa. Good luck!

no

It won't. I got the same tourist visa denial a year ago and we applied for a K1 visa and no problem at all I got approved. :thumbs::thumbs:

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I was denied a tourist visa a year ago and I'm afraid that it might make some problems at K3 interview. Do I need to worry about that or not?

While in most cases it will not have an effect, it depends on the reason given for the denial. If the denial was due to suspected misrepresentation or fraud, then of course it will matter. Did they write something or give reason for a denial? If it was denied without prejudice, then you should be ok. Those who just give blanket statements it won't matter are somewhat misleading you.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.