taj'samericanwife

problems with muslim spouse?

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I think its so interesting that my english copy clearly says "do not marry unbelieving women,until they believe: a slave woman......

sorry for keeping the off topic going :D

What you are mentioning is from the beginning of the verse. The translation of the meaning of the whole verse is

"And do not marry Al-Mushrikaat (fem. idolatresses, etc.) till they believe (worship Allaah Alone). And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a (free) Mushrikah (idolatress, etc.), even though she pleases you. And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (masc. idolater, etc.), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and Forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember"

The part of the verse I mentioned is in the middle.

Concerning women marrying non-Muslims, ibn Qudaamah (one of the biggest scholars of Islaam) said that there is scholarly consensus on the issue that it is forbidden.

So, I can't resist asking if in Islam the ultimate authority for interpreting scripture is "scholarly consensus". If so, has such consensus varied over time? If so, how does one know which consensus was the correct consensus? I'm being neither flippant or disrespectful. It's just the thoughts that come to me after reading your explanation.

I agree.

with what?

this thread wont die, and i keep writing in it...someone..please...stop me

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt the most important scholar of thought the Prophet himself?

All the different interpretations could steer you farther from the original teaching or law.

I cant even begin to start reading most of the posts regarding excerpts from the Qu'ran....it honestly makes my head spin.

I just saw this movie last night called Religulous, not the best movie but after seeing makes me realize that talking about religion

does cause rift between people and makes them even more uncertain. :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Isnt the most important scholar of thought the Prophet himself?

All the different interpretations could steer you farther from the original teaching or law.

I cant even begin to start reading most of the posts regarding excerpts from the Qu'ran....it honestly makes my head spin.

I just saw this movie last night called Religulous, not the best movie but after seeing makes me realize that talking about religion

does cause rift between people and makes them even more uncertain. :wacko:

hehehe i know Annie u want to kill this.....but i just want to say that its ok to argue.... humans will forever think differently and will forever have different point of views therefore to each his own.....i think its normal and healthy....the only time i will say yes u i agree with u is when it turns into violent attacks; thats not acceptable at all....

anyways back to Annie....plz Sandrilla focus on the red light now! lol

lyrics.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Is it fair to say then, that discrimination regarding those who come from Muslim countries is rampant and the norm when it comes to USCIS processing these visas? Would it help if you can somehow prove they're not "dangerous" or, in cases where non-Muslim minorities are involved, prove they're not Muslim and somehow make it easier for things to process?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Is it fair to say then, that discrimination regarding those who come from Muslim countries is rampant and the norm when it comes to USCIS processing these visas?

No I don't think so and my husband went through hell in his interview. I think it's dependent on the country, not the religion of the person coming here.

Would it help if you can somehow prove they're not "dangerous" or, in cases where non-Muslim minorities are involved, prove they're not Muslim and somehow make it easier for things to process?

Non-muslims are not immune to what goes on if they are from the country that does the most scrutinizing.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
and yes a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman but not a muslim woman allowed to marry a non muslim man from my understanding she is no longer considered a muslimah if this happens. But I don't know they whys or anything I am sorry for what happened to you but everything does happen for a reason and look here you are now! :star:

Fear Allaah that is a major thing to say she is not a Muslimah anywhere. A "marriage" between a Muslim female and a non-Muslim man of any creed is not recognized in Islaam so it is as if there is no bond or marriage linking them. The Muslim woman is still Muslim but is a zaniyya (fornicator) and would be treated as one.

I'm a Palestinian Muslima, and as many of you know, I was married to a Lebanese Christian man for nearly 30 years. I'm still Muslim, and worked all that time with other Muslims. We even lived in Muslim countries while I was part of a human rights team. I'm not a fornicator and, while there are Muslims who believe that Allah forbids Muslimas from marriage with non-Muslim men, legitimate scholars have to acknowledge that this is something Allah did not forbid, that the Prophet did not enforce, and that it comes from fiqh instead of sharia, making it not haram, but, at best, a man-made prohibition based on social contexts. The explanations given to justify it testify to that.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
no, the thought is that the children must be raised muslim and since children follow the religion of the father, this would mean their granchildren would be brought up christian.

THAT is the thought behind muslim woman not marrying non-muslims

That is correct 100& !

ETA: This is ~2 MONTHS old thread....don't see what instigated a new post here...

This explanation is cultural, not Islamic. There is nothing in Islam that dictates that the father is the purveyor of religion. In fact, Allah says repeatedly that HE is the purveyor and chooser of the religion you follow. He guides who He may, and leads astray who He may. We really need to learn the faith better so as to be able to discern the facts from the fallacies, which often reflect cultural favoritism for males in a way Islam does not.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Most prohibitions in religion are man made. Religion is what you make it.

List of special interest countries:

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/lst...yofintrest.html

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

this thread came back? :lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.