krystiandjon

Interview- Whats the dress code?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I'd say keep it smart casual. And dress appropriately for the weather too. Good luck!

Thanks Guys!

So smart it is! Maybe a slight casual touch. I am thinking my Cordroy pants, a button up shirt, smart shoes and a smart pullover! Think that will do the trick! Still not to sure about the hair! Has any guy out there done his interview with long hair? I mean shoulder or longer length? Please respond if you have a definite answer. If I need to I will cut it. Of course, I want to get back to my Love! But if it makes no difference then I won't. She after all would prefer that!

Any feed back will be great.

Jon.

I do intend to groom and tie it back for the interview. Obviously not going into the interview looking like the wild man of Borneo!

No need to cut off the hair. Just pretend that you are a musician or poet....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'll have my interview next week...I was thinking about a nice pair of new jeans, a sweater (its so cold here!!) and a nice pair of shoes...I think (and hope) it will be fine!!

The won't go at your looks, but the documents and interview........yet it is not necessary to dressed up formal but yes, give them a good picture of yours of how you dress up in your daily life.......do not wear anything like having American flag on it........blue jeans is fine and i have seen 90% of ppl in embassy in blue jeans on the day when i was there for interview...just be yourself and dont go over thats all i can suggest you my friend :)

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'd say keep it smart casual. And dress appropriately for the weather too. Good luck!

Thanks Guys!

So smart it is! Maybe a slight casual touch. I am thinking my Cordroy pants, a button up shirt, smart shoes and a smart pullover! Think that will do the trick! Still not to sure about the hair! Has any guy out there done his interview with long hair? I mean shoulder or longer length? Please respond if you have a definite answer. If I need to I will cut it. Of course, I want to get back to my Love! But if it makes no difference then I won't. She after all would prefer that!

Any feed back will be great.

Jon.

I do intend to groom and tie it back for the interview. Obviously not going into the interview looking like the wild man of Borneo!

Yes, men have gone through the process with long hair :) I would just suggest making sure it's not flying all over. Slick it back and pull it into a low pony or something. There's nothing wrong with long hair as long as it looks 'tidy and professional'. :)

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

a while ago on a forum i read an article of attorney advising that mexico consulate check for things such as tatoo's and other things which they can assciate u with a gang (very stereotypical) so u get my point. I wore a suit at london and they were about 200 people on dat day only bout 5 were wearing suit but most of them were for niv. But wearing a suit gave me confidence and it would certaintly make interview respect u for making an efort.

Hi all!

It's still months off.....Still waiting on a NOA2!!! But can anyone tell me what the right type of dress code to be wearing to the interview. Is it very formal, say shirt and tie, or could you get away with smart casual. Another thing. i currently am growing my hair out. Now I'm paranoid that being a guy that may be against me in my interview. My fiance really wants me to keep it, and says she thinks it will be fine, and that it would be ridiculous if it was a problem. Well I've read some hairy(heehee!) stories on here about denied visas for all sorts of stupid things. So if someone who did their interview with long hair or knows the rap!

Thanks! Jon.

a while ago on a forum i read an article of attorney advising that mexico consulate check for things such as tatoo's and other things which they can assciate u with a gang (very stereotypical) so u get my point. I wore a suit at london and they were about 200 people on dat day only bout 5 were wearing suit but most of them were for niv. But wearing a suit gave me confidence and it would certaintly make interview respect u for making an efort.

Hi all!

It's still months off.....Still waiting on a NOA2!!! But can anyone tell me what the right type of dress code to be wearing to the interview. Is it very formal, say shirt and tie, or could you get away with smart casual. Another thing. i currently am growing my hair out. Now I'm paranoid that being a guy that may be against me in my interview. My fiance really wants me to keep it, and says she thinks it will be fine, and that it would be ridiculous if it was a problem. Well I've read some hairy(heehee!) stories on here about denied visas for all sorts of stupid things. So if someone who did their interview with long hair or knows the rap!

Thanks! Jon.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I had an F-1 visa interview in 2006 and I work a knee length skirt, fitted shirt and heels. I wanted to make a good, professional impression. I got the visa so I guess I did!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.