Brandon TX

American men meeting Russian women in ........America?????

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have a somewhat limited understanding of Visas and it is my understanding that getting a tourist Visa into the US is next to impossible. I have a friend that says she knows a doctor that is attending a "invitation only" social in order to meet Russian women that are traveling here in the US. Now here is what I don't understand. These women are supposidly here on a Visa, whether it be tourist, work, or student. My friend is finding out more information on Monday. My question is this,"How is it possible for these women to be here?". Everything I have read about tourist visas and what I have been told when I call about them is that it is very difficult to get a tourist visa. Basically, I am thinking that this is either a meeting to discuss taking tours over in Russia, Ukraine, etc., or it is some type of illegal activity, sex or white slavery. If I am wrong tell me. I will be interested to hear any ideas on this because it seems very odd to me. Thank you.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
I have a somewhat limited understanding of Visas and it is my understanding that getting a tourist Visa into the US is next to impossible. I have a friend that says she knows a doctor that is attending a "invitation only" social in order to meet Russian women that are traveling here in the US. Now here is what I don't understand. These women are supposidly here on a Visa, whether it be tourist, work, or student. My friend is finding out more information on Monday. My question is this,"How is it possible for these women to be here?". Everything I have read about tourist visas and what I have been told when I call about them is that it is very difficult to get a tourist visa. Basically, I am thinking that this is either a meeting to discuss taking tours over in Russia, Ukraine, etc., or it is some type of illegal activity, sex or white slavery. If I am wrong tell me. I will be interested to hear any ideas on this because it seems very odd to me. Thank you.

There are plenty of Russian women here in the USA.I really don't know how they manage to get the visa but they do.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are tons of Russian men and women in our area who are here on work visas. They mainly work in the hotels during peak season times.

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Timeline

I should have clarified this. How it is being explained is that they are traveling here specifically for this "social". Sorry, I should have clarified that. I had also thought that perhaps it is just a social for Russians that are in the area.

I have heard it also being called immigration parties.

It's accually easy for some people from other countries to come here on tourist or work visa's. (H2B or H1B comes to mind) Other coutries it's next to impossible.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

The OP is correct that there is something smelly about the situation. It is extremely tough for a young woman to get a tourist visa from a non-EU country in Eastern Europe. The consular officer may consider it if she is judged to have a strong reason to return, like a husband, kids, property, owned business, etc.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They may be truely 'travelling' there specifically for the party, but are they actually travelling there from Russia - or from somewhere else in the US to attend? They may well already be here on legitimate work or study visas, and using this as an opportunity to meet marriage-minded men, thus their travelling is from across the country, not from around the world. Technically, they are therefore 'travelling' specifically for that party.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

They may be truely 'travelling' there specifically for the party, but are they actually travelling there from Russia - or from somewhere else in the US to attend? They may well already be here on legitimate work or study visas, and using this as an opportunity to meet marriage-minded men, thus their travelling is from across the country, not from around the world. Technically, they are therefore 'travelling' specifically for that party.

Maybe I am not understanding the OPs response about clarification. It seemed to me he was saying that this "social" was the reason they were in the US. In an interesting turn-around, I wonder if there will be 20 women in a room with hundreds of guys eager to meet, marry, and live happily etc. with them?

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe I am not understanding the OPs response about clarification. It seemed to me he was saying that this "social" was the reason they were in the US. In an interesting turn-around, I wonder if there will be 20 women in a room with hundreds of guys eager to meet, marry, and live happily etc. with them?

I was just wondering if the organizers are using some less than the full truth tricks to imply that these women have all come directly from Russia for this party by letting people assume that they are travelling to this party - from Russia. Since tourist visas are hard to come by for single young women from Russia, I wonder if these single young women who are indeed from Russia are already in the US and travelling to the party from the US, but the organizers are letting people think they are travelling directly from Russia because it sounds more exciting.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

There is either a misunderstanding, or this company is being dishonest about where the women are coming from.

About 2 years ago there was a company in San Francisco that was setting up socials with Russian women. The women were either on student or other visas, but they were all here in the country legally. Their schtick was that they could introduce you to Russian women without having to go to Russia. There's absolutely no way a Russian woman is going to get a visa specifically to come over for a social. Either this company is rounding up women who are already here, or they are lying.

Timeline

Yes, you are correct, the reason they are at this social is that they are traveling to the US. Here is what I think about this, I think either the girls are already here and there is a misunderstanding on my friends part or the social is actually a meeting to discuss what individuals can expect if they go over to socials in Russia or wherever. As I have learned, most people don't really take the time to investigate and research choosing to marry a foreign woman, so I think this may all be a misunderstanding. However, I do physical and IT security for a living, so I deal with scams day in and day out. If this is what it is being portrayed as, it sounds awfully questionable from a legal standpoint.

Timeline

I was just wondering if the organizers are using some less than the full truth tricks to imply that these women have all come directly from Russia for this party by letting people assume that they are travelling to this party - from Russia. Since tourist visas are hard to come by for single young women from Russia, I wonder if these single young women who are indeed from Russia are already in the US and travelling to the party from the US, but the organizers are letting people think they are travelling directly from Russia because it sounds more exciting.

From my experiences with dealing with scams, this would not surprise me at all. I will be getting some more information on Monday, so we shall see, but I think we will find it is a misunderstanding of what this "social" is.

There is either a misunderstanding, or this company is being dishonest about where the women are coming from.

About 2 years ago there was a company in San Francisco that was setting up socials with Russian women. The women were either on student or other visas, but they were all here in the country legally. Their schtick was that they could introduce you to Russian women without having to go to Russia. There's absolutely no way a Russian woman is going to get a visa specifically to come over for a social. Either this company is rounding up women who are already here, or they are lying.

That's my feeling on it also, or my colleagues friend is not understanding what this social is.

Getting a tourist visa is actually not that difficult if a woman can show a valid reason to travel (e.g. invitation from friends or relatives, science or business conference, etc) and sufficient ties to Russia (good job with decent income, property, kids/parents etc).

I had an open tourist visa before we filed for K-1. Later I sent invitation to two of my unmarried girl friends and they both got visas no problem. Perhaps all of us being over 30 somewhat helped.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Timeline
Getting a tourist visa is actually not that difficult if a woman can show a valid reason to travel (e.g. invitation from friends or relatives, science or business conference, etc) and sufficient ties to Russia (good job with decent income, property, kids/parents etc).

I had an open tourist visa before we filed for K-1. Later I sent invitation to two of my unmarried girl friends and they both got visas no problem. Perhaps all of us being over 30 somewhat helped.

Not to disagree with you, but you are the exception rather than than the rule. Plus, most "Russian" women do not make enough money to pay for a plane ticket, hotel, etc. over here. Decent income in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, etc., is not decent income here. Moscow is the the sole exception. From what I can tell, you and the couple others that have received Tourist Visas, probably prepared very well for the tourist applications, thus you had a positive experience. I have talked to several individuals that tried and tried to get a Tourist Visa with no luck. I still have doubts that a agency could get 50 women into the US on the sole reason of attending a social to meet men. I just do not see it happening. Now, that does not mean that they are not bringing them in under work or student Visa's. Even then, to me, that is a dangerous road to travel down. After talking to USCIS, 3 lawyers, and the responses from this site. I think the general idea is that either there is a misunderstanding on what this social is, its a scam, or the women are already here in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Not to disagree with you, but you are the exception rather than than the rule. Plus, most "Russian" women do not make enough money to pay for a plane ticket, hotel, etc. over here. Decent income in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, etc., is not decent income here. Moscow is the the sole exception. From what I can tell, you and the couple others that have received Tourist Visas, probably prepared very well for the tourist applications, thus you had a positive experience. I have talked to several individuals that tried and tried to get a Tourist Visa with no luck. I still have doubts that a agency could get 50 women into the US on the sole reason of attending a social to meet men. I just do not see it happening. Now, that does not mean that they are not bringing them in under work or student Visa's. Even then, to me, that is a dangerous road to travel down. After talking to USCIS, 3 lawyers, and the responses from this site. I think the general idea is that either there is a misunderstanding on what this social is, its a scam, or the women are already here in the US.

Until recently I also would have disagreed with Blues Fairy but it does now seem to be much easier to get the tourist visa for single women. A friend of ours in her 30's with a boyfriend here in the US (they are preparing for the K-1 process) decided to try for a tourist visa. She prepared all documents and received an invitation letter from my wife. She had her interview Dec 8th which was quick and painless and successful. She spent the last couple of days with us and left yesterday to spend the rest of the holidays with her soon to be fiance.

I do, however, have my doubts about about this social.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.