filing k-3 forms

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi all

i've just been married, i'm moroccan and my husband is us citizen

now we are assembling our I-130 package, we are intending to go the k-3 way

my husband returned back to usa, so i have to send him the documents

my question is, can we file all the documents I-130 G-325A and I-129F G-325A at the same time with the same date and get them signed or wait until we get the noa1 and then file the i-129f package with a different date than the i-130 package, i want to save time cause sending documents to him may take time

thanks for you all

Edited by ossa

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
05/08/2012: Priority date
05/10/2012: NOA date
05/11/2012: Electronic notification from USCIS / Check cashed
05/14/2012: NOA received
05/23/2012: Biometrics notice received
06/08/2012: Early Biometrics (appointment scheduled for 06/14)
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
07/09/2012: Interview notice received
08/13/2012: Interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
09/11/2012: Oath ceremony
[/color][/size]
[/i] [i] [/i] [i] [/i][size="2"][i] [/i][/size]

hi all

my question is, can we file all the documents I-130 G-325A and I-129F G-325A at the same time with the same date and get them signed or wait until we get the noa1 and then file the i-129f package with a different date than the i-130 package, i want to save time cause sending documents to him may take time

thanks for you all

Congrats on your marriage :)

If you have questions, it's always best to read the guides at the top of the page. They're very logical and straightforward.

You have to file you I-130 and when you receive your NOA1, then you file the I129F. So no, don't file them at the same time because as the guide says, you have to include the NOA1 in the I129F.

It would make more sense for you to do 8 copies of the G325A, 2 photos and 2 sets of affadavits (if you are supplying any of the proof of a bona fide marriage) since you'll need them for both anyway, and send them to him in one go. Obviously FedEx type courier service is usually faster but more expensive. I don't think having the dates on the different sets of documents accompanying the 2 petitions matters.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
hi all

thanks for you all

If you have questions, it's always best to read the guides at the top of the page. They're very logical and straightforward.

You have to file you I-130 and when you receive your NOA1, then you file the I129F. So no, don't file them at the same time because as the guide says, you have to include the NOA1 in the I129F.

It would make more sense for you to do 8 copies of the G325A, 2 photos and 2 sets of affadavits (if you are supplying any of the proof of a bona fide marriage) since you'll need them for both anyway, and send them to him in one go. Obviously FedEx type courier service is usually faster but more expensive. I don't think having the dates on the different sets of documents accompanying the 2 petitions matters.

thanks for the reply, i've read the guides and i know exactly what steps i should do but just confused about putting the same date in all the forms even if they are not sent at the same time, i understand that i-130 package should be sent first and then when the noa1 recieved we send i-129f package with a copy of this notice

please help

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
[/color][/size]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
hi all

thanks for you all

thanks for the reply, i've read the guides and i know exactly what steps i should do but just confused about putting the same date in all the forms even if they are not sent at the same time, i understand that i-130 package should be sent first and then when the noa1 recieved we send i-129f package with a copy of this notice

please help

ossa,

Just little advise from my side, I am not saying you should do this but consider twice before filing for k-3. The recent trend has shown us alot that filing I-130 alone gets priority over k-3 so think about it before you send I-129f to go with k-3 route.

Best of luck with your Journey. :thumbs:

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

first of all where is your husband filing from??? east coast or west coast? that will make a difference on your service center and the times. IF you're filing from the west coast and insha'allah you will notice it won't really matter what you file they typically go faster then the vermont service center. these days that is.

But this is what can happen you file both (i suggest leaving the dates blank and allow your husband to fill them in as he sends them) the I130 and the I129 and track them when they get approved you can follow the track once they are approved which way you want to go. I suggest you file first the I130 get your NAO1 then sending the I 129 with the copies as that typically goes faster for the K3 to start moving cause you already got the nao1 and paid for it. But that is up for debate i am sure.

when we got both approved and by the time we waited for the interview i followed both tracks until i got out interview date and to be honest it was only a month difference between his k3 interview date and his cr1 date. And to be honest the cr1 is typically a better visa because it allows you to have a SSN upon entry and to go get your drivers license when you're ready and the cost is typically $600 less for then the AOS.

K3 you will have to wait for EAD and AOS here but that is a month earlier I suggest you study both and you and your husband decide.

Good luck!

Thanks for Pming me let me know if you have other questions.

~Rajaa

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hi all

thanks for you all

please help

Forms are dated when signed. Just tell the truth, always. Never lie on a form or to an immigration official. If you keep this in mind throughout the process, the answers to such questions will become obvious.

Do not do 8 copies of the same G325a form because each set of four has a different stated purpose in one section. It's two sets of four.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Forms are dated when signed. Just tell the truth, always. Never lie on a form or to an immigration official. If you keep this in mind throughout the process, the answers to such questions will become obvious.

Do not do 8 copies of the same G325a form because each set of four has a different stated purpose in one section. It's two sets of four.

Apologies, I didn't mean 8 copies of the first sheet. I've only ever seen them as 4 sheets on a pdf, each requiring a signature, so yes 2 sets of the 4 sheets.

And yes, date them when you sign them. It shouldn't matter that you compile the documentation for both petitions at the same time, it's a question of not submitting the I129F until you have the NOA1 from the I130. You're only talking about a few days for the NOA1 from filing...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
hi all

thanks for you all

please help

ossa,

Just little advise from my side, I am not saying you should do this but consider twice before filing for k-3. The recent trend has shown us alot that filing I-130 alone gets priority over k-3 so think about it before you send I-129f to go with k-3 route.

well that's what i told my husband but he wants us to be together as soon as possible even if it is one month earlier

[/color][/size]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
hi all

thanks for you all

please help

ossa,

I agree with waithatter..Think once again...

Timeline
first of all where is your husband filing from??? east coast or west coast? that will make a difference on your service center and the times. IF you're filing from the west coast and insha'allah you will notice it won't really matter what you file they typically go faster then the vermont service center. these days that is.

But this is what can happen you file both (i suggest leaving the dates blank and allow your husband to fill them in as he sends them) the I130 and the I129 and track them when they get approved you can follow the track once they are approved which way you want to go. I suggest you file first the I130 get your NAO1 then sending the I 129 with the copies as that typically goes faster for the K3 to start moving cause you already got the nao1 and paid for it. But that is up for debate i am sure.

when we got both approved and by the time we waited for the interview i followed both tracks until i got out interview date and to be honest it was only a month difference between his k3 interview date and his cr1 date. And to be honest the cr1 is typically a better visa because it allows you to have a SSN upon entry and to go get your drivers license when you're ready and the cost is typically $600 less for then the AOS.

K3 you will have to wait for EAD and AOS here but that is a month earlier I suggest you study both and you and your husband decide.

Good luck!

Thanks for Pming me let me know if you have other questions.

~Rajaa

thanks rajaa for you help, my husband is living in boston so i think our petition will go to vermont center :crying: which is really slow, i pray God that it will be forwarded to california center so it can go faster

we prefer to send both petitions and then choose later what way to go like you've done

i suggested to my husband to ask for his tax transcripts and all documents he will need to file the affidavit of support, do you think it's too early to gather those documents????

[/color][/size]

Timeline
hi all

thanks for you all

please help

thankyou for your advice, i'll sign and date all the papers before sending them, my g-325a for both I-130 and I-129F will have the same date, i think it's not really a big deal

[/color][/size]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Ossa

congrats for your wedding

for G325A of I129F you can prepare them already and send to your husband

as the others told you

in the purpose you can distinguish them putting I130 spouse vs K3 spouse

be careful with the numbering of pages 1 to 4, I got it wrong myself once

did you get it all the moroccan doc already translated?

Also you can send other doc to your husband already if he is able to handle without mixing up

it includes picture, a birth certificate for you with translation, your wedding certificate with translation

you can already prepare an indexing and put post its on it

for sending from France I used chronopost a lot but it is expensive

La Poste also has cheaper enveloppes for the world where documents get to the US in a week or less

I don't know about Morroco

Edited by Frenchwife

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Timeline
Hi Ossa

congrats for your wedding

for G325A of I129F you can prepare them already and send to your husband

as the others told you

in the purpose you can distinguish them putting I130 spouse vs K3 spouse

be careful with the numbering of pages 1 to 4, I got it wrong myself once

did you get it all the moroccan doc already translated?

Also you can send other doc to your husband already if he is able to handle without mixing up

it includes picture, a birth certificate for you with translation, your wedding certificate with translation

you can already prepare an indexing and put post its on it

for sending from France I used chronopost a lot but it is expensive

La Poste also has cheaper enveloppes for the world where documents get to the US in a week or less

I don't know about Morroco

thanks for advices, i have translated only the marriage certificate, do i need to send him also my birth certificate with its translation....???

i have also my police record, should i translate it and send it to him as well....????

i've been told that chronopost is cheaper than dhl and they take almost the same time so i'm intending to use it to send him the documents; for the moroccan poste it will take more than 10 days so not a good choice

if you have any other suggestions please help me

Edited by ossa

[/color][/size]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Ossa

glad to help

I think you need to translate any foreign document you give, unless it has an international naming convention, like passports.

so yes you should most probably translate your birth certificate (unless it includes legends in English)

I had mine translated.

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

best thing i can suggest is have HIM worry with all this, have him come on here to read and follow the directions, i can never understand when the benef. is the one always doing the work, its HIS petition for you. There are certain parts you will be responsible for and signatures but let him do the controlling of the flow. I would do the cr1 thru vermont and hope it gets moved to calif

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.