Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
That's the same one I use too! I was hoping maybe you'd have found a different site! That's alright though, it is a great one and it sure is nice to have the option to do different videos whenever you want to.

And... i found all KINDS of exercise DVD's at Ocean State Job Lot for $2.99... they are the same website, but just on DVD.. i got one with 5 40 min work outs on it..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Haha. Love the stories of the young males. They're so cute. :luv:

Good Morning to all!!

REMINDER TO THOSE I PROMISED A REMINDER:

Homeland Security USA is on tonight at 8pm on ABC!!

Gack! So I went ahead and set a reminder on my TV for this (thanks for the reminder, Jill) but I couldn't remember what time it was for. At 9:05 I asked my husband "Did a reminder for Homeland Security come on yet?" Apparently stupid Comcast clears all the reminders if you turn your TV off. :angry::bonk: Please tell me it wasn't any good last night.

Good morning from sunny Key West! Well, it's still dark yet, but you get the picture. ;) Here's some morning brew! We're having a blast on our vacation, but wanted to stop in to say hello. A fabulous part of our trip was meeting up with Kathryn, trailmix and Krikit! Hugs to you for being as special in person as you are here. :luv: Enjoy your day!

Caralawarla!!! :luv: And here I was all prepared to post today's coffee. Glad to hear you're enjoying your vacation! You were just as wonderful in person too!

Good morning, everyone. :energy:

SNOW DAY!!!!!!

No work, no school, YAY!

PS: There is hardly any snow on the ground, two inches at most. But its okay... I'll take a day off! :lol:

Whoooo!!!!!!! Those are were my favourite days!!!!! Except I preferred mine with snow. :hehe:

Sorry Krikit, it was a pretty good episode last night, some stories from the Peace Bridge!! Try and watch it online!!

:dance: It's snowing here too!!! And.. i'm starting to not feel as winded after my work outs! Yeah! I went out last night and got hand weights.. before this I was just doing the exercise without weights.. ugh. that's tough!! :)

Happy hump day everyone!! Lucky duckies with storm days.. i walk to work so that's not fair :)

If you ever don't have weights, you can use soup cans too!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sorry Krikit, it was a pretty good episode last night, some stories from the Peace Bridge!! Try and watch it online!!

I am going to watch online. I really like the watching online thing - barring the fact that I have to sit at my computer to watch instead of the big television behind me .

So need to get a comp hooked up to that.

http://abc.go.com/

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
I just watched online. I was quite impressed with the quality of the video stream. :lol: The Peace Bridge segments brought back fond memories of home and I was intimately acquainted with that room they had that runaway senior in. :lol: It was good, Jill. Thank you.

Glad you enjoyed it!! I almost cried when the Mexican lady was trying to get into the States with a perm res card that wasn't hers and they sent her back and she said she had no family, nowhere to live.... They banned her for 5 years. I know it's her own fault for trying to do something so stupid but I still felt so bad :crying:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Timeline

Just had a good laugh from something my sister sent. (The NHS is the National Health Service in Britain.)

Do you ever worry about the NHS at all ? You should - these are sentences actually typed by medical secretaries in NHS Greater Glasgow.....

1. The patient has no previous history of suicides.
  2. Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital.
  3. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
  4. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.
  5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
  6. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.
  7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
  8. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
  9. Discharge status:- Alive, but without my permission.
  10. Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year old male, mentally alert, but forgetful.
  11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
  12. She is numb from her toes down.
  13. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
  14. The skin was moist and dry.
  15. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.
  16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
  17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
  18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
  19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our care for physical therapy.
  20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
  21. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
  22. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
  23. Skin: somewhat pale, but present.
  24. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
  25. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
  26. When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room.
  27. The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of fuel and crashed.
  28. Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.
  29. She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.
  30. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Smith, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
  31. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job

as a stock broker instead.

32. By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart had stopped, and he was feeling better.
I howled at 17, 20 & 21. :lol:
iagree.gif

I just watched online. I was quite impressed with the quality of the video stream. :lol: The Peace Bridge segments brought back fond memories of home and I was intimately acquainted with that room they had that runaway senior in. :lol: It was good, Jill. Thank you.

Glad you enjoyed it!! I almost cried when the Mexican lady was trying to get into the States with a perm res card that wasn't hers and they sent her back and she said she had no family, nowhere to live.... They banned her for 5 years. I know it's her own fault for trying to do something so stupid but I still felt so bad :crying:

Well, you can stop feeling bad now because that only applied to the city they were returning her to. She had to make her way home from there. lol. I felt terrible that she had a tooth pulled just to try to get past immigration. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

I find it really odd that electricity went up here by 25% effective this month and a note with the water bill says they are now raising that price too.

It's confusing to me how in this country, with a depression, other companies are forced to cut costs but when it comes to these companies they choose the most inopportune time to raise rates.

Two of the reasons the electricity company gave for the huge rate hike were:

1. They want to build a nuclear power plant

2. Unrecovered transport costs from high fuel costs last year.

Perhaps now is not the time to ding people with higher costs. Perhaps you should wait to build the nuclear plant.

As for the high fuel costs - whatever, you should have put a temporary rider on the bill perhaps - poor management there.

Plus, as we are not stupid, we do realize that you will recover those fuel costs and a gazillion dollars more in a few months, but you won't be lowering your rates.

Timeline

Well, you can stop feeling bad now because that only applied to the city they were returning her to. She had to make her way home from there. lol. I felt terrible that she had a tooth pulled just to try to get past immigration. :(

I have yet to watch the show!!! But had a interesting experience going through USA customs back in the late 90's from Tijuana Mexico to San diego. We Were just coming back from Tijuana, in line to go through Customs, and these 2 Mexican fellows are like bent over,walking past everyone, they in stealth mode (lol) get up to the desk where the POE officers, and think they can just rush by the guards, not a chance. They got swarmed on by a pile of POE officers. Interesting to watch.

Still in line, we see 2 or 3 Gentleman running for the fence outside, with the POE officers in chase! Saw them climb the wire fence and get over, and thats al we could see from our viewpoint, but most likely they got caught as this took place in mid afternoon.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
Just had a good laugh from something my sister sent. (The NHS is the National Health Service in Britain.)

Do you ever worry about the NHS at all ? You should - these are sentences actually typed by medical secretaries in NHS Greater Glasgow.....

1. The patient has no previous history of suicides.
  2. Patient has left her white blood cells at another hospital.
  3. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
  4. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.
  5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
  6. On the second day the knee was better and on the third day it disappeared.
  7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
  8. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
  9. Discharge status:- Alive, but without my permission.
  10. Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year old male, mentally alert, but forgetful.
  11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
  12. She is numb from her toes down.
  13. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
  14. The skin was moist and dry.
  15. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.
  16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
  17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
  18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until she got a divorce.
  19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our care for physical therapy.
  20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
  21. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
  22. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
  23. Skin: somewhat pale, but present.
  24. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.
  25. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
  26. When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room.
  27. The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of fuel and crashed.
  28. Between you and me, we ought to be able to get this lady pregnant.
  29. She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.
  30. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Smith, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
  31. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job

as a stock broker instead.

32. By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart had stopped, and he was feeling better.
I howled at 17, 20 & 21. :lol:

:lol: This made me laugh so hard! LOL

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

Thanks to whomever suggested organic carrots instead of baby ones that have chemical-y stuff on them.... They taste sooo fresh and delicious!! :thumbs:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

So I just watched the latest episode, I didn't really like it so much, I guess I don't find guys digging around automobiles for drugs that interesting.

I also felt sorry for the mexican woman who had been saving for 5 years to go to the States, illegally mind you and having a tooth pulled - anyway, it must be very hard to be a border patrol person as well.

Thanks to whomever suggested organic carrots instead of baby ones that have chemical-y stuff on them.... They taste sooo fresh and delicious!! :thumbs:

:)

Jill, are you the person who's from Oakville?

So I just watched the latest episode, I didn't really like it so much, I guess I don't find guys digging around automobiles for drugs that interesting.

:lol: That one guy with the reciprocating saw just made himself look like an idiot.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.