Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is going to sounds nuts, but my little ThomasJ is addicted to cat treats (Pounce) and now he is starving himself. Its been 2 weeks of barely any treats, and he's barely eaten anything. Soon as he hears a plastic wrapper, he runs over to see if its treats. I checked his mouth for sores and stuff, but he's fine. Soon as I offer him a treat he'll eat it fine. I've run out of treats on Friday, and he's eaten almost nothing since then.

So - its cold turkey time or rehab for my little pumpkin. I created an addict. He's going to need Dr. Drew. :crying:

IMG_0451.jpg

Edited by MrsCat

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try a different flavour or brand of cat food- or use the canned cat food to get him eating again. You don't really want a cat to stop eating - and yes, they can get very finicky for treats. I have one treat monster as well and what I do is get some of the other flavours of premium catfood that come in sample bags and I give him those as 'treats'. They are about the same size as the pounce bags and I handle them the same way so he thinks he is getting a treat but he is getting food instead. Why not try something like that? If you can't find any sample bags buy a small bag of one of the premium brands like proplan or eukanuba or royal canin or maxcat or similar and use that as the 'treat' bag. (You can buy this at places like PetSmart or Petco). That way he will eat treats but will really be eating food. You can continue to do this even after he goes back to eating his regular food - or this becomes his regular food. The important thing is to make sure he keeps eating - once they stop they can not eat indefinitely and develop a condition known as hepatic lipidosis. I had a cat die from this when she stopped eating due to stress of our move and a resultant urinary tract infection.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Yikes!

He is on Nutro Max Cat and normally he loves the stuff. He cries in the morning for his breakfast. He has urinary issues and this seemed to be the best food for him to prevent it. But since the treats from xmas, he's just plain old picky and refuses his food.

I was going to the store today to get some canned nurtro, because perhaps that will help feel like a treat.

Thanks for the advice Kathryn, I had a feeling someone on here might know something. :thumbs:

Timeline

Short update, I bought Thom a new bag of his regular food, and he ate it up like it was going out of style. He had lots of the older bag left but its been kept outside in a large plastic bin. I'm wondering if his food was smelling funny and that's why he didn't want to eat it. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada

506744044_2d2e5549c4.jpg

407135153_d8bb80f9ba.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Charles now that I have started my new work out regime I simply cannot eat timbits any more..

:lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Good morning!

Glad your kitty is eating normally again MrsCat! You are probably spot on with the storing outside thing - does the food get kind of soft out there from the humidity?

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles now that I have started my new work out regime I simply cannot eat timbits any more..

more for me then! :devil:

194319844_35b570ed64.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

more for me then! :devil:

194319844_35b570ed64.jpg

tee hee.. enjoy those Charles.. I'll live vicariously through you..

Why am I suddenly craving boston creme doughnuts :whistle:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Good morning everyone. :star:

Good morning!

Glad your kitty is eating normally again MrsCat! You are probably spot on with the storing outside thing - does the food get kind of soft out there from the humidity?

Its for the humidity and the bugs. If its not in an airtight container is molds in a couple weeks. And the cockroaches LOVE pet food here. So we keep them outside in airtight containers, but I am sure they give off a plastic smell.

Timeline

Would it n tbe better to store it inside in the air tight container?

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Would it n tbe better to store it inside in the air tight container?

Probably, but the carport is the only place we have space for it. Our house is really small here.

Timeline
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753798 we have something like that, and not a very large one. We live in a condo. A food out in high humidity would not last that long. Guess you just have to be the smaller bags

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753798 we have something like that, and not a very large one. We live in a condo. A food out in high humidity would not last that long. Guess you just have to be the smaller bags

thanks flames! Those would be good for Thom's food, and just might fit in the cupboard. :thumbs:

Timeline

OMG!!!

So I get a friend request from this girl, who I don't remember but who looks familiar. So she sends me a message saying: "Wow I haven't seen you since you left North Bay!"

And I just kind of say: "Ya" because I don't recognize her name at all.

Then she sends me another message this morning going: "You don't remember me do you?"

And I say: "Sorry no..."

And she says: "Thats okay we used to be BFF's and my name used to be John Benoir"

:blink:

I have been looking for him for a while now and now wonder I couldn't find him!!

I am in shock a bit because I'll never see John again. But she looks awesome.. better than most of my female friends I must say.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.