Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I feel like I brought the mood down in the off topic thread today and now no one wants to post :lol:

So on a lighter note!! It is Friday!

TGIF!! Friday doesn't mean the same thing to me anymore now that I'm not working.... Every day is like a Friday! LOL well the good thing is Friday means hubby is home for 2 days which is great!

Yeah, yay weekends! woooooot!

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee, hee.

You didn't Trailmix.

As for me and my story:

Let's see....our gas has been turned off since noonish Wednesday, and I am at home; hence no cooking.

People's Gas and our bank had computer screw-ups (we pay on-line, and have been since we moved into this place at the end of June) and the money was going...where? Hmmmm...I ended up having to do the forensics that tool about 3 or 4 hours. this is mostly cellphone minutes. Who will pay for that? Bah!

And so...they realize they wronged us and we may have to wait until Monday.

I'm not complaining so much as worried about how things like this can take this route.

We had already notified them, and they were to do an investigation.

They didn't.

They cut the gas.

I did the work and uncovered what may have happened....it was quite complicated, and I'm a natural at investigating. B)

I may have missed my calling. Hee, hee.

More than that, after over a week or two without snow on the ground, we are in a kind of blizzard.

I may continue to hermit myself until I leave for the Westcoast...if a flight will take me out of here when I am ready to go.

Hahaha!

Besides going out for food and some classes I am taking, I do not go out of the apartment.

Hermit, I am. (A mild one.)

Gude thing I haz internetz!

I also have a ton of books from the library (have bee researching sustainable energies, mostly solar power...and anything to do with "green" living).

I want to work in this field.

Maybe even invent something! :blush:

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline
Let's see....our gas has been turned off since noonish Wednesday, and I am at home; hence no cooking.

People's Gas and our bank had computer screw-ups (we pay on-line, and have been since we moved into this place at the end of June) and the money was going...where? Hmmmm...I ended up having to do the forensics that tool about 3 or 4 hours. this is mostly cellphone minutes. Who will pay for that? Bah!

And so...they realize they wronged us and we may have to wait until Monday.

I'm not complaining so much as worried about how things like this can take this route.

We had already notified them, and they were to do an investigation.

They didn't.

They cut the gas.

I did the work and uncovered what may have happened....it was quite complicated, and I'm a natural at investigating. B)

:angry:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Uh... it's CHICAGO? Isn't that illegal for them to turn off the gas in the middle of winter?? Is that the primary source of heat for you Spirit? Are you FROZEN?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

On the bright side, ur beer/wine will stay cold outside the fridge!! Hope it gets settled soonest!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Uh... it's CHICAGO? Isn't that illegal for them to turn off the gas in the middle of winter?? Is that the primary source of heat for you Spirit? Are you FROZEN?

Oh you're so sweet.

It is only for the stove/oven.

We have those loud hissing banging radiator thingies...that are still making noise...I mean heat.

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh you're so sweet.

We have those loud hissing banging radiator thingies...that are still making noise...I mean heat.

Okay good.. we have gas heat here, I was trying to figure out why they would turn off your only source of heat :) But no stove.. that sucks much.. have hubby take you out for suppah!! YEAH! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

On the bright side, ur beer/wine will stay cold outside the fridge!! Hope it gets settled soonest!!

Flames, you have been so exuberant, so fun, so light and fluffy!

I love the new you!

Perhaps the weight of school being over??

Hee, hee.

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

I love the new you!

Hee, hee.

School isn't over!!!--last semester commences Monday, yuck!! I worked out for an hour on the treadmill this morning--so hopefully a lot of my fluffiness will melt away!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline

Oh you're so sweet.

They need bleeding to get the air bubbles out. Hot water rads are awesome.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I love the new you!

Hee, hee.

School isn't over!!!--last semester commences Monday, yuck!! I worked out for an hour on the treadmill this morning--so hopefully a lot of my fluffiness will melt away!!

Just back from Starbucks!! I said good morning "Len" but the gal didn't reply back! Len must be in a bad mood!!

:lol:

Yeah....now Spirit is doing their work. What is up with these places.

Yeah!

the worst part is, I am so extremely polite, kind and nice to people on the phone.

It is, after all, it's not that person's fault.

However after having all kinds of call-centre people be extremely nice back, trying to get a supervisor on the phone proved futile.

If I get downtown today (that is if I go meet my sweetie for dinner near his work) I have found their head office! And I will go and make noise like they have never heard. I have worked in customer service practically my whole life. I know how to get things done. SQUEAK!!!!

:lol:

Regardless, I will be getting something on record over there and asking for some free months of service.

When this is done they will all know my name.

Ha!

Edited by SpiritAlight

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.