Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

John and Kate seems weird now.. they are just meeting different celebrities and going to different places, theme parks etc...

I liked it the first year when they just showed the normal day to day life.. it has just gotten out of hand now though...

I agree, its gotten way out of hand. Kate is using this publicity to her advantage to advance her career. I heard she was talking about ratings since the whole divorce talk.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
John and Kate seems weird now.. they are just meeting different celebrities and going to different places, theme parks etc...

I liked it the first year when they just showed the normal day to day life.. it has just gotten out of hand now though...

I agree! All they do is have guest stars now. It's sad. I really do love that show though and those kids are just TOO CUTE! But it's a little sad to watch because its like watching a train wreck happen right in front of you. :(

I don't want them to divorce. I would be sad. And I am well aware that I don't know these people personally, but I didn't know Sammy Davis Junior either and I cried when he died. :(

yeah the thought of them getting a divorce makes me sad too.. those poor kids would be stuck in the middle :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning! I sure wish the rain would quit here. It's great for the garden and for me since I don't have to water it, but really! We need some sunshine as well! I'm still gathering info for my removal of conditions. It's very annoying and the package thus far is about 3 inches of paper. :huh: Hopefully I'll have it out by tomorrow.

Enjoy your day everyone!

valerieb.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

*yawn.. hi everyone.. morning.. another 3 hrs of sleep lost last night due to neighbors *grumble grumble* we're going to ask them to call one of us today to "discuss" how this is affecting us.. why someone thinks its okay at 2:30 in the morning to throw a party on a week day is beyond me.. *sigh

Carla.. best of luck getting everything together for Removal.. it's so frustrating to put it all together.. it's like why don't they just swing by for supper you know? see for yourself! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
We didn't have cake, we had little praline logs. In fact, I didn't tell the restaurant it would be for a wedding, I just told them we would have a family Christmas party... We got married there: http://www.lesaint-gabriel.com/photos_sabrevois.html

It was nice, there was a fire in the fireplace inside, but they did one outside too. The bestman got Cuban cigars and it was not too cold, so that's where the evening ended. :)

Oh wow. That place is gorgeous, Souris.

And that's all I think about is how much the food is handled, without gloves, and how much it sits out... and one time Ben wiped his forehead with his forearm and then kept rolling the fondant with his hands and I was soo grossed out and my husband told me I was the only person who would catch something like that, but I did. It's what I think about most.

I'm exactly like that too!

I wanted her hair until I heard it referred to as 'the backwards mullet' :lol:

I hate her hair. The lack of symmetry offends my senses. LOL

*yawn.. hi everyone.. morning.. another 3 hrs of sleep lost last night due to neighbors *grumble grumble* we're going to ask them to call one of us today to "discuss" how this is affecting us.. why someone thinks its okay at 2:30 in the morning to throw a party on a week day is beyond me.. *sigh

Good grief, E. That's just downright thoughtless and selfish. :angry:

Good morning everyone. Carla, I am going to ignore your post on removing conditions because I get a little tense when I think about it. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

I used to enjoy watching Jon and Kate. I think it's all so ridiculously out of control now as well. I liked to see how they parented and those kids are so cute.

Now, they are these two celebs. With every season, Kate gets more orange and thin, and John gets more hair and tries to act more cool. It's really odd.

I feel really bad fro the children as they are going to be caught up in a divorce that is in their home, and in the media spotlight as well.

Carla, I also have to start putting stuff together fro removal of conditions. REALLY not looking forward to it.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

My BFF shannon's hair reminds me of her hair, and it pisses her off that people compare her to Kate because she hates her soo much. :lol:

But her hair looks 10 times better than Kates. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone. we have to grind our own today, carla? :P best wishes with the removal papers, we'll be doing that soon too.

I forgot to tell everyone! My husband bought me a GPS with lifetime traffic. :) I guess he felt sorry for me getting lost all the time. :blush:

women drivers ^_^

:P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We didn't have cake, we had little praline logs. In fact, I didn't tell the restaurant it would be for a wedding, I just told them we would have a family Christmas party... We got married there: http://www.lesaint-gabriel.com/photos_sabrevois.html

It was nice, there was a fire in the fireplace inside, but they did one outside too. The bestman got Cuban cigars and it was not too cold, so that's where the evening ended. :)

Oh wow. That place is gorgeous, Souris.

Thank you Krikit; the restaurant itself is good too, we went for lunch before the wedding; not too far from the consulate for the visitors, hehe!

Grey and rainy here in Montreal today :( I'm finishing my things (work, laundry, kitty's move) because I'm going to visit my husband tomorrow :) I find it really hard to try to settle in our new home while I visit only every month or so; and I understand he can't do everything by himself after his work hours. Also, his aunt's husband died and I'll go to the funerals (wake) on Saturday. I'm curious to know if it's like here, will I be ok with work clothes (dark pants, dark shirt)? No bling bling :s

Filed: Timeline
Thank you Krikit; the restaurant itself is good too, we went for lunch before the wedding; not too far from the consulate for the visitors, hehe!

Oh darnit. I missed it, then. Oh well. Next time. We are planning on going back so I'll bookmark it for the next trip. :)

Also, his aunt's husband died and I'll go to the funerals (wake) on Saturday. I'm curious to know if it's like here, will I be ok with work clothes (dark pants, dark shirt)? No bling bling :s

I haven't been to a funeral here, as yet, but I imagine it's the same as Canada.... whatever you feel comfortable in. The only difference I've noticed is that at African-American funerals they wear white instead of black. I've noticed they do that at the Easter services as well.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Good Morning all! Glen took the day off today, to spend with me so we're going to see UP (Thanks for the idea, E) and for lunch too at our favourite restaurant. Mexican, yummy!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.