Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In Calgary the electricity supplier is Enmax - no hydromojo there.

Oh and brown bread is whole wheat bread and whole grain bread is bread where you can actually see a whole real honest to goodness plucked from the earth grain.

I miss good store bought bread.

Please resume your normal conversation. ty.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wow lots of different things being talked about today, I use the brown bread term alot here too as do my kids. I also miss how we had so much better of a selection for a better price then here. I can't believe how much they want to charge ppl for brown bread here even the cheap 100% whole wheat is double of the white bread. They sure dont want ppl eating healthy.

I had back labour for all 4 of my kids. You would think I would of stop after the first 2 but nope and to top it all off I have the major fear of needles so I went through it all natural. I always liked the baby belly too, maybe why i had so many kids loved it.

Sapphire grats on the last day of work

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Oh and brown bread is whole wheat bread and whole grain bread is bread where you can actually see a whole real honest to goodness plucked from the earth grain.

The best one I buy here is Arnolds, no HFCS. Good brown bread and whole grain bread too

wow lots of different things being talked about today, I use the brown bread term alot here too as do my kids. I also miss how we had so much better of a selection for a better price then here. I can't believe how much they want to charge ppl for brown bread here even the cheap 100% whole wheat is double of the white bread. They sure dont want ppl eating healthy.

I had back labour for all 4 of my kids. You would think I would of stop after the first 2 but nope and to top it all off I have the major fear of needles so I went through it all natural. I always liked the baby belly too, maybe why i had so many kids loved it.

So what exactly is back labour anyhoo?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

The best one I buy here is Arnolds, no HFCS. Good brown bread and whole grain bread too

So what exactly is back labour anyhoo?

I was wondering the same thing. No labour = the best labour if you ask me :star:

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

Back labour is when the babies head is up against your backbone basically, like something trying to push out your spine from the inside out.

It is EXTREMELY painful. It is the kind of labour that you're told about and you don't think it could happen to you.

During prenatal classes I was like: "Whoa sucks for whoever gets that" I got it. <_<

During regular labour there are small breaks between the pain but with pack labour... its just constant pain. I was bawling and swearing and screaming annnd at one point I told the nurse to shoot me. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Back labour is when the babies head is up against your backbone basically, like something trying to push out your spine from the inside out.

It is EXTREMELY painful. It is the kind of labour that you're told about and you don't think it could happen to you.

During prenatal classes I was like: "Whoa sucks for whoever gets that" I got it. <_<

During regular labour there are small breaks between the pain but with pack labour... its just constant pain. I was bawling and swearing and screaming annnd at one point I told the nurse to shoot me. :lol:

OMG yowza.... OWWWWWWWWW

I wonder if there is any truth to a water birth being easier. Ah well, I know I want drugs so I'll be at the hospital.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I don't know. I wanted to have a water birth and a midwife but because I was younger and it was my first birth, I was told it was a bit risky so I decided to just do it in the hospital. When the labour started it was very painful and they let me stand in this shower that had lots of jets everywhere and I spent a good 5 hours in there.

Being in labour just sucks. You're in freaking pain and being told to breathe a certain way and all along you're worrying about pushing a watermelon out of hole the size of a peanut. And during all of this a nurse is telling you not to push when you have no real control over when your body chooses to push. Oh and to top it all off you have a room full of relatives and even a doctor or two staring at your ####### waiting for something to come out.

There's just no elegant way of doing it. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I think with water birth its supposed to be more easy on the baby. At least thats what I was told I wanted to try it but they didn't have that available where I had my kids. My 2nd son was almost born at home so I figured what the heck I want to try the 3rd in the water but it wasnt around.

I guess it was a good thing I had very short labour and delivery times or I would of taken the drugs by then. I swore up and down that I changed my mind and was just going to stay pregnant for ever and the doctor and just stop now cause I quit.

edit too add:

thats right a room full of ppl, i forgot about how everyone wants to be in there, I kicked em all out when I had the first one then the other three where just too fast we didnt tell anyone till after they were born. My labours didnt last that long I think the whole thing maybe 4 hours thats from the smallest contraction to delivery. I feel so bad for the ppl who suffer so dang long.

Danielle

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Ontarkie!

Has anyone seen the documentary "The Business of Being Born" - It's very eye-opening!

I hope that I never have back labour. And, I along with Jill would like lots of drugs :)

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

My labour began at 5:00 on November 12th and he was born at 6:15 am on November 13th. Friday the 13th hehe.

However hard labour itself lasted about 5-6 hours. Prior to that it was just slight discomfort like bad menstrual cramps... and then the agony began.

They say you forget the pain... screw that I will never forget that pain. :(

It still hurts... its just a walking/talking pain now. :lol: Kidding.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

The Walmart by us used to carry the Arnolds Brownberry bread, which I found was most like the bread I was used to back home. But the last few times I checked it's no longer there. :crying: Oh well. It will give me an excuse to drive into the backwoods for 30 minutes to get to the German bakery. numnumnumnnumnum

Don't remind me. I was literally trying to crawl out of my body to get away from it. It's the worst pain EVAH. :crying:

Being in labour just sucks. You're in freaking pain and being told to breathe a certain way and all along you're worrying about pushing a watermelon out of hole the size of a peanut.

I remember about 4 weeks before the birth of my first child. All of a sudden I felt I'd been hit by a brick and started panicking. I've changed my mind! I don't want to do this! I don't want to go through all that pain! I don't want to be responsible for a little tiny helpless being and worrying about it FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!! Please stop this train!! I'd like to get off. No way, jose. I was SCREWED. :bonk:

My labours didnt last that long I think the whole thing maybe 4 hours thats from the smallest contraction to delivery.

You're like my cousin. She's the skinniest thing, ever, and plopped her two out in about 20 minutes. No pain, no problems. When her "labour" started, she and her husband walked to the hospital, checked in, then had the baby. In fact, with her second one, she was so blasé that the nursing staff didn't even think she was in active labour and she nearly had it in the wheelchair on the way to her room. B!tch.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Glad someone understands the pain krikit... I talk about it but people can't fathom it. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. :(

My husband and I watched rachel getting married last night, great movie btw. It really makes you feel a range of emotions.

Today I am being girly and getting dolled up, in fact I am wearing a clay mask as I type this (sexy) because I am going out to Benihana (asian hooters! :P) for dinner and then out for drinks afterwards with friends. Very much looking forward to it. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Wow another funny thing on FB.

My friend got a sleeve tattoo of Nefertiti on his arm.. like a full sleeve of Egyptian art and I posted: "Ooo Nefertiti" and he sent me a message going: "Who the hell is Nefertiti?"

:huh:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

thats funny, i never did figure out why some ppl will get a tattoo and have no clue what it is/or says.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline
Wow another funny thing on FB.

My friend got a sleeve tattoo of Nefertiti on his arm.. like a full sleeve of Egyptian art and I posted: "Ooo Nefertiti" and he sent me a message going: "Who the hell is Nefertiti?"

:huh:

:lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.