Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
That is cool. I have been trying to look for my brother for years. Still can't find him... he wasn't abducted though, just put up for adoption before I was born. I thought I found him last year but nope.. wasn't him. :(

One day perhaps.

I hope you find him, Nevada. (F)

There's a good show on TV about this guy who finds people. I can never remember to watch it, though. :lol:

Troy the Locator

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks gals..

*sigh.. i sure would like a cuppa Krikit :)

One of our staff members just made me laugh out loud. We were discussing national anthems (US vs. Canada) and he (a USC) said "I wish our national anthem were in iambic pentameter" :lol:

Yeah, people probably say that about our Anthem all the time :hehe:

So last night I heard this light thudding against the sliding door - and I already knew what it was - it was a flying cockroach, trying to beat down the door. So I said to Mike - what do they think this is, the cockroach hotel?? (the same thing happened like a week or two ago). Whatever!!

Ugh Trailmix..I literally shuddered when I read that. That's one thing I don't miss about NC, all the cockroaches. But I hear they're much worse down your way in Florida. I've only ever seen a flying roach once, and I was pretty much traumatized from that day forth. So yeah, I feel for ya, lol!

Now that we've moved to CA, we've ditched the cockroaches but now have to put up with crazy racoons. Last night, I tried to take out the trash... I went to the dumpster, opened it to huck the bag in, and a racoon jumped up like a jack in the box at me. Needless to say I dropped the trash and ran for the hills.

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
LoL, hydro has a completely different meaning here. :rofl:

I think I missed something. :unsure:

I still have a hard time when I talk about hydro/electric/gas/water bill here. I keep saying hydro and jared keeps saying, "NO AMANDA! FOR THE LAST TIMEEEE.." etc.

:( It's confusing.

Yeah, I've stopped trying to correct Mel on this. I know what she means when she says it, so me correcting her is just me being a pr!ck. :blush:

BTW Krkit, Hydro in addition to referring to Hydroelectricity is also a reference to hydroponicly grown pot :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I still have a hard time when I talk about hydro/electric/gas/water bill here. I keep saying hydro and jared keeps saying, "NO AMANDA! FOR THE LAST TIMEEEE.." etc.

Yeah, I've stopped trying to correct Mel on this. I know what she means when she says it, so me correcting her is just me being a pr!ck. :blush:

BTW Krkit, Hydro in addition to referring to Hydroelectricity is also a reference to hydroponicly grown pot :P

ohhhh, seems krikit and myself will need to brush up on our drug vocabulary.

I have never called it hydro - we always call it electricity.

Timeline

ohhhh, seems krikit and myself will need to brush up on our drug vocabulary.

It took me a while to figure it out when I would visit Mel in London. I felt embarassed for a while that I had no idea what it was and had to google it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Puts a whole new spin to Canadian renters who may ask: "Is hydro included?" :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

It took me a while to figure it out when I would visit Mel in London. I felt embarassed for a while that I had no idea what it was and had to google it.

I think the Ontarians call it that because we would pay Oakville Hydro or Burlington Hydro or Whatever Hydro for our electricity. What do they call that utility company in Calgary, Trailmix?

Puts a whole new spin to Canadian renters who may ask: "Is hydro included?" :lol:

:lol:

Wow. No wonder people look at us strange. We want to know if drugs are included with our apartment and if we can have some a$$ with our soup.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I think it's called Hydro all over Ontario. In PA the company is called Peco, so now I've gotten used to saying Peco instead of Hydro. Actually in Quebec it's Hydro Quebec as well.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I always called it energy. Energy bill... conserve energy.

If I am asking if it's included I just say: "Utilities"

The one thing I say that gets everyone is "brown bread" :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

The flying cockroaches are called Palmetto Bugs, they are the state bug of South Carolina :lol: Had to deal with them ad nauseum in university. Here in California, we have June bugs. Same difference except that the June bugs have a knack for splattering on your car windshield.

Misty, racoons are far better than the skunks we have :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.