• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Have both!

I just want to use this picture LaffPup.gif

I am strongly considering this option :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Have both!

You mean you haven't eaten them yet?!! :o

Stupid adware. :angry:

Bah to the computer viruses and adware! Sorry to hear you broke your parent's computer too are having a tough time with your parent's computer too!

Do they have Ad-Aware installed? http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Have both!

You mean you haven't eaten them yet?!! :o

Stupid adware. :angry:

Bah to the computer viruses and adware! Sorry to hear you broke your parent's computer too are having a tough time with your parent's computer too!

Do they have Ad-Aware installed? http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php

Two good (and free) anti-spyware programs are Spyware Blaster and SpyBot.

If you're in the market for a good (and once again, free) anti-virus, check out AVG Free and Avast!

Filed: Timeline

:lol:

Trust me, DPX, I was up until the wee hours trying to fix the damn thing with everything known to man. Okay, woman. It's now up to the experts. :girlwerewolf2xn:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol:

Trust me, DPX, I was up until the wee hours trying to fix the damn thing with everything known to man. Okay, woman. It's now up to the experts. :girlwerewolf2xn:

that became a standard thing when i'd go visit my dad. i'd get to do all the updates and patches that he'd not done since my last visit, along with fixing whatever him or stepmom had hosed up.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

My neighbors have been fighting for the past two hours. :blink:

You'd think they'd grow tired or one lose their voice at least but they're still at it.

Two. Hours.

Lucky the walls are thick so it just sounds kind of muffled when they scream but you can still kind of hear it.

And yes my husband and I turned down the tv and stood with our ears to the walls for a bit. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
My neighbors have been fighting for the past two hours. :blink:

You'd think they'd grow tired or one lose their voice at least but they're still at it.

Two. Hours.

Lucky the walls are thick so it just sounds kind of muffled when they scream but you can still kind of hear it.

And yes my husband and I turned down the tv and stood with our ears to the walls for a bit. :P

:lol: I would soooo do the same!!

Hopefully they don't make up later and you hear that too :wacko:

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I only feel super bad because they have a little four year old and I imagine he can hear all of it. They don't fight often but when they do they fight for a while. Maybe they keep it all inside for months and when they blow... they BLOW.

Omg they're yelling again!!!

I wish we had a vent or something so we could hear better. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Well, I have had some adventures since I left home, that's for sure. I don't have the energy to tell you them all at the moment, though. Let's just start with one. LOL

My husband dropped me off at the airport early because he had to go to work. (It was his day off.) So I'm sitting outside enjoying the sunshine when some man sat down next to me and we started making small talk. Eventually he started telling me about how he was flying back to Denver after coming down to Florida to drop his parents off on a cruise. They paid for his flight and his hotel, etc. So they're now on their cruise and he's trying to get back to Denver. Only they hadn't paid the taxes on his free flight (Southwest points) so he had been trying to get hold of them on their ship and through the cruiseline so that the airport taxes could be put on their card since he doesn't have a card and he doesn't have $12 cash. :o And he's taken his last shot of insulin so now time's a tickin. So I ask him how much he was short and he says "$12". So I gave him $20. He asked for my address so he could repay me but I told him not to worry about it. I don't need complete strangers knowing my name and address. End of Adventure #1. LOL

so I went to see a therapist a few times at the beginning of last year.... since then she only sent me one bill... I did send her a portion of the money I owed but I didn't pay off the bill till a month or so ago when we got our tax money..

anyways today I get a letter in the mail from the therapist... in the letter it states that everything is paid off and she thanked me for remembering this bill and then she said she was touched by my honesty, sincerity and kindness, and that she is including a a check for 30 dollars as a discount and says that she wants me to have a nice dinner out with my husband... :)

I should be thanking her for not putting the bill into collections...

Awww. What a wonderful therapist, Marilyn. That was so nice of her.

she was a very nice lady and I liked going to see her, she was very easy to talk to.. my only thing was she didn't seem to interested in hearing about the loss of my babies.. she seemed more interested in the relationship between my mom and me

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

speaking of fighting... we used to live in a garage turned into a suite and the people who lived in the house was my hubby's sister's MILand SIL .. anyways about once a month they would have a yelling, screaming fight... I tried to hear what they were fighting about but it was hard because they used a mix of Spanish and English :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so the lady I worked for pointed something out today that I never really noticed before.. the 1 year old seems to call me Na-Na or something like that.. she says he only says that when he is around me... so once she mentioned it of course I noticed it... it is so cute.. :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Adventure #2:

My Mum and my daughter picked me up at the Buffalo airport. They had booked adjoining rooms at a local hotel (my daughter's two friends came also.... they're a hoot). The rooms had balconies overlooking the indoor pool and bar area where a wedding reception was being held. We noticed that the table centrepieces were flowers in glass cases.... a la Beauty and the Beast..... it held promise. We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, did some shopping, and came back to the hotel. The reception had begun. We got changed and went down to the pool. The wedding party guys were hanging over the bar railing trying to pick up the girls. The pink ties they were wearing on their heads really highlighted their masculinity and appeal. The DJ announced the bride-and-father dance. *queue to Sweet Child o' Mine by Guns n' Roses* :blink:

The bride-and-groom dance was just as lovely, however, the song escapes me at the moment. Reception informed us that there was another wedding the following night. We changed hotels.

she was a very nice lady and I liked going to see her, she was very easy to talk to.. my only thing was she didn't seem to interested in hearing about the loss of my babies.. she seemed more interested in the relationship between my mom and me

Maybe she wasn't quite sure how to deal with that kind of loss. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline
so the lady I worked for pointed something out today that I never really noticed before.. the 1 year old seems to call me Na-Na or something like that.. she says he only says that when he is around me... so once she mentioned it of course I noticed it... it is so cute.. :)

That is so cute!

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.