Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How is auto racing physically demanding if there is no real physical aspect to it? You're sitting in your car shifting gears and steering. It's more mental strategy, golf is mental strategy too, with some physical aspect as well. You need to have a pretty strong and accurate swing.

And pro-golfers don't carry their clubs but racers don't even change their own tires.

That is true. It's just humid out there and looks like it's about to rain.

Who was that golfer I forget it his name, but a few years ago he was fighting for the right to use a cart because he had a bad leg, or one leg or something like that.

I am not a golfer so I have no idea. I have just recently been learning how to play. I feel like such a dork in golf shoes.

I really don't like golfing at all. Went a few times with my Dad, he's a major golfer. It bores me to tears, the best part was driving the cart! This past weekend I went to the driving range with Glen, just to watch that was boring too.

I agree it is SO boring. I like Mini Putt so much more. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I love mini putt too! That is way more fun! I agree that auto racing isn't a sport, you're sitting on your azz the whole time!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

From what I've seen, Nascar drivers have good upper body strength. When they show you the inside of the car, it looks like they really fight hard to turn and steady the steering wheel. After four hours of that, I know I'd be sore.

I find Nascar an absolute riot. Our youngest cat goes nuts. His little head follows the cars until he cant stand it anymore. Then he jumps on to the TV stand and tries to catch them. :lol:

~ Catherine

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Husband would probably say that Nascar is appropriate for cats only :lol:

It's really smokey outside today, lots of wildfires burning because we have had a lot of lightning but no rain.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
How is auto racing physically demanding if there is no real physical aspect to it? You're sitting in your car shifting gears and steering. It's more mental strategy, golf is mental strategy too, with some physical aspect as well. You need to have a pretty strong and accurate swing.

And pro-golfers don't carry their clubs but racers don't even change their own tires.

That is true. It's just humid out there and looks like it's about to rain.

Who was that golfer I forget it his name, but a few years ago he was fighting for the right to use a cart because he had a bad leg, or one leg or something like that.

I am not a golfer so I have no idea. I have just recently been learning how to play. I feel like such a dork in golf shoes.

I really don't like golfing at all. Went a few times with my Dad, he's a major golfer. It bores me to tears, the best part was driving the cart! This past weekend I went to the driving range with Glen, just to watch that was boring too.

I agree it is SO boring. I like Mini Putt so much more. :P

You have to deal with the physics of it. You are driving a 1200 pound car 240 mph. You have to be able to drive the car and keep your body straight. It's a lot more physically demanding than golf. I used to play golf (until I dislocated both my shoulders playing water polo), and can say it's the most boring thing to watch, but to play it is much much more enjoyable.

Timeline

We're not really comparing sports, we're comparing what we consider sports.

I don't consider nascar a sport, even though deep down I know it is.

But R&M doesn't think that golf is a sport... even though deep down he knows it is. :P

Isn't that right??

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol I love playing golf but I turn it on TV to put me asleep. Oddly I've done the same thing for NASCAR as well. The zoom noises are soothing lol

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Timeline

The thing I like about nascar is how its the last 5 minutes or so that really matter. I couldn't sit there for hours and watch cars go around in a circle. But with nascar, you turn it on just before it ends and you get the point. You get just enough information to make small talk at the water cooler the next day.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

ok so I have a small problem...

I back ordered something for hubby from Amazon a few weeks ago and it finally became available and they are shipping it today and it is due to arrive on Friday... the catch is I work on Friday but the hubby will be home... I kind of wanted this thing to be a surprise.... and wanted to be there when he saw it... I could tell him not to open the box but I am not sure if it says on the box what it is... :unsure:

i guess I could just tell him now what I got... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
The thing I like about nascar is how its the last 5 minutes or so that really matter. I couldn't sit there for hours and watch cars go around in a circle. But with nascar, you turn it on just before it ends and you get the point. You get just enough information to make small talk at the water cooler the next day.

The only reason people watch racing (NASCAR or Formula 1) is they're hoping to see car crashes. :devil:

Edited by DeadPoolX

Timeline

whoo hoo..:dance:

the hubster and I are going to see a play at the end of the month.. I just bought the tickets.. we are going to see Treasure Island at this small theater where every seat is supposed to be a good seat...

I can't wait.. I love going to plays :D

I used goldstar.com... I got two tickets for about 25 bucks including the convenience charge.. it would have cost close to 40 bucks if I would have bought them from the theater...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

The only reason people watch racing (NASCAR or Formula 1) is they're hoping to see car crashes. :devil:

Not Forumula 1. I watch Formula 1 races as much as I possibly can. I even paid an exhobitant amount of money to drive a Formula 3000 car and take a weekend course learning about it. My argument was that car racing is far more physically demanding than golf, hence it is closer to being a sport than golf. I used to play golf, and I can say that It is not a sport, unless you carry your own clubs and don't get a cart.

Timeline

Not Forumula 1. I watch Formula 1 races as much as I possibly can. I even paid an exhobitant amount of money to drive a Formula 3000 car and take a weekend course learning about it. My argument was that car racing is far more physically demanding than golf, hence it is closer to being a sport than golf. I used to play golf, and I can say that It is not a sport, unless you carry your own clubs and don't get a cart.

To decide whether an activity is a sport or not just from that aspect is hilarious imo.

Well luckily for the rest of the world only you and a few others don't consider it a "sport" :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.