Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

I sometimes get angry here, on this site, and I have been trying to stay away from posting until I can cool down. Well, today I read something, and was so angry I.....

Reported the poster that pi$$ed me off! :o

I've never done that before. :(:blush:

what did i do now? :innocent:

:lol: It wasn't you charles!

Well that would help hubby & I's personal tastes.. he likes it long.. and I want it outta my face :rofl:

are we really talking about hair? :unsure:

ty for the coffee carla. we got up to a foot of snow heading our way this weekend, so break out the snow shovel and timbits, it's gonna be like living in canada!

Ugh, yes, I heard. That's why I don't know if we'll be travelling tomorrow. I heard a few inches. I'm really angry because we haven't had snow all winter, and now this???!!!!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ty for the coffee carla. we got up to a foot of snow heading our way this weekend, so break out the snow shovel and timbits, it's gonna be like living in canada!

Mostly Canadian's are moving to warmer places...have you noticed. I would always say, when living in Canada - Americans have Hawaii and Florida - but they live in like Minnesota and Idaho :)

Good morning all - flames, my Sister has a bissell carpet cleaner too - which she says is marvelous. I am looking for a hard floor cleaner so we were discussing it this week - she bought the hard floor attachments for her bissell.

However, I have decided to go with the Floormate. We had one in Canada but left it there, I found it a bit heavy to use, however it works like a charm on hard floors - and the one I am buying is a newer model and I think a bit smaller - so I am ordering that today.

Good morning!

0007350202836_215X215.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
ya, if ur moving, why bother with hardwood, may help in the resale though, might not though too,lol . I actually enjoy cleaning, so I enjoy my Bissel,lol Use it my cars as well. time to study. Safe travels if you head to Chicago

Hey Flames,

How much are these? My dog peed on the carpet again and I want my own carpet cleaner thing.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

I have the Bissel Pro heat Pet 2x Around $260. There are smaller ones,that are made just for small accidents , like pet stains! I highly recommend mine, does a great job. My parents have the same bissel as well, and have no complaints

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=prod...Steam%20Cleaner

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
ya, if ur moving, why bother with hardwood, may help in the resale though, might not though too,lol . I actually enjoy cleaning, so I enjoy my Bissel,lol Use it my cars as well. time to study. Safe travels if you head to Chicago

Hey Flames,

How much are these? My dog peed on the carpet again and I want my own carpet cleaner thing.

This is the one my Sister has Bissell QuickSteamer Lightweight Deep Cleaner - it is $79.96 at Walmart online - maybe even a bit cheaper in the store - has lots of good reviews online: link

0001112000381_215X215.jpg

Oh or maybe you just want one of these! It's so cute! Bissell Little Green ProHeat TurboBrush Pet $ 99.96 link

0001112000687_215X215.jpg

Hey Flames,

This is the one my Sister has Bissell QuickSteamer Lightweight Deep Cleaner - it is $79.96 at Walmart online - maybe even a bit cheaper in the store - has lots of good reviews online: link

0001112000381_215X215.jpg

Oh or maybe you just want one of these! It's so cute! Bissell Little Green ProHeat TurboBrush Pet $ 99.96 link

0001112000687_215X215.jpg

Now that QuickSteamer sounds more like in my league...moneywise I mean. I don't shop at Walmart though. After I get back from swimming I'm going to check into Target and Kmart for it though. :thumbs:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Morning all!! Hubby & I have been watching John Adams (HBO miniseries)..and honestly.. I'd HIGHLY recommend it.. we've BOTH been able to enjoy it.. he's all horahrah about the history and I'm just amazed it's not "YEAH AMERICA WE ROCK SO HARD".. :) tee hee.. The acting is superb and I'm really enjoying the historical references to places and people that we have all around us here in New England :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Morning all!! Hubby & I have been watching John Adams (HBO miniseries)..and honestly.. I'd HIGHLY recommend it.. we've BOTH been able to enjoy it.. he's all horahrah about the history and I'm just amazed it's not "YEAH AMERICA WE ROCK SO HARD".. :) tee hee.. The acting is superb and I'm really enjoying the historical references to places and people that we have all around us here in New England :thumbs:

That sounds good Em, are you watching it on DVD - netflix or?

Carla, why don't you shop at Walmart? I don't actually go there anymore - but I will shop there online haha. And yes, I too prefer to hire someone to clean carpets.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

That sounds good Em, are you watching it on DVD - netflix or?

We are watching it on Netflix.. just one video at a time.. I think there are 3 or 4 DVD's in the series (2 1-hr episodes on each DVD)..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Well I will look in to putting that in the queue! I love netflix.

Oh dear, the Alberta Government paid 25 million dollars for a new 'brand' - so now instead of 'The Alberta Advantage' - we have this 25 million dollar one - which is nice enough I guess - but what a waste of money.

1430473.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Its officially spring for me, I am having my first water ice of the season! :D

Mmmm I love ritas.

Rita's is awesome! Last Friday on the first day of spring they were giving free water ice away. But the line was 2 hours long!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

So I just spent $85 at Zellers on Canadian items.... good thing I'm driving home or I'd have no room for all of this! I got 2 bags of baked old dutch dill pickle chips, 4 bags of bits and bytes different flavours, jumbo bag of wine gums, 6 boxes of KD, 20 pairs of my favourite socks I can't find anywhere but Zellers, BBQ peanuts, hmmm what else. I still need to get a 24 of Alexander Keith's!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
So I just spent $85 at Zellers on Canadian items.... good thing I'm driving home or I'd have no room for all of this! I got 2 bags of baked old dutch dill pickle chips, 4 bags of bits and bytes different flavours, jumbo bag of wine gums, 6 boxes of KD, 20 pairs of my favourite socks I can't find anywhere but Zellers, BBQ peanuts, hmmm what else. I still need to get a 24 of Alexander Keith's!

haha you are making me salivate! I can't wait to go to canada in 2 weeks and buy a bunch of stuff.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Co-sign. My son gave all my chips away and the Jos Louis my mom bought me. I had ONE out of the 3 boxes she brought down. I can't wait for Easter so I can buy it all back!

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.