Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trailmix, it was surprisingly great! I'm going to water aerobics this morning so I'm going to pass on the walk today. I did the walk a little different this week with the uphill climbs at the beginning and I found it easier. Unfortunately my MP3 player is on the fritz however. I REALLY need this to achieve my daily walks. It's stopping mid way, skipping, not responding to the touches to go forward, rewind, play etc. so I'm sending it back in the mail today to the manufacturer. I don't know what I'm going to do in the interim. Gene thinks I should maybe invest in an iPod, and if my other MP3 gets fixed, he'll take it and use it. I don't know what to do! I didn't realize how dependant I am on using it during my walks! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had another Mp3 player which was fine, swore i would never get an IPOD!! Well as an early Bday gift, I got an Ipod Classic a few months back,and I must say, it rocks!! So easy to download music to it. I have yet to watch any TV on it. A very wel made product by Apple. I bought mine from Amazon.com, was cheaper than bestbuy. Costco has them as well, a bit cheaper than bestbuy. In relaity I probbaly didnt need the "classic" with the Screen, should have just gotten a smaller one like the nano (which still has a screen ) or possible the Shuffle!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
trailmix, it was surprisingly great! I'm going to water aerobics this morning so I'm going to pass on the walk today. I did the walk a little different this week with the uphill climbs at the beginning and I found it easier. Unfortunately my MP3 player is on the fritz however. I REALLY need this to achieve my daily walks. It's stopping mid way, skipping, not responding to the touches to go forward, rewind, play etc. so I'm sending it back in the mail today to the manufacturer. I don't know what I'm going to do in the interim. Gene thinks I should maybe invest in an iPod, and if my other MP3 gets fixed, he'll take it and use it. I don't know what to do! I didn't realize how dependant I am on using it during my walks! :lol:

Sounds great and - Gene is right :thumbs: - I would so be going to the store to get myself a new one - you absolutely deserve it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Morning all!1 My workouts take up all my time in the am's these days.. :)

Marilyn.. we too have someone in hubbys' family that has to have the stitches as well... and she's had 2 beautiful baby girls as well.. :)

Hubby leaves tomorrow for Louisiana for a week :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
HAPPY FRIDAY!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I have a pink 1G shuffle just collecting dust if you need motivation Carla. :thumbs: And I know what you mean, I cannot walk anywhere unless I have something to listen to. I don't know how I walked anywhere as a kid. I guess I must have sang.

Timeline

I used to listen to music while walking and then I got hit by a car in a parking lot... yea that sucked. :lol:

I was fine though, just a concussion and many bruises and scrapes. No broken bones. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I used to listen to music while walking and then I got hit by a car in a parking lot... yea that sucked. :lol:

I was fine though, just a concussion and many bruises and scrapes. No broken bones. :D

:o whoa.

Timeline

Yea it was in Toronto just off of Woodbine, there used to be a Value Village there and I guess some lady left her mentally challenged sister in the car while she was going into the store. She started the car and as I was walking by pulled out really fast and knocked me out of my shoes. I always thought that if I wasn't wearing my headphones I would have been able to hear the car start or something. I dunno... the things we think of after the fact.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
:dance: our I-751 is now submitted.. Removal of Conditions has been completed.. well at least the agonizing paper collecting :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Good luck - now that Vermont is transferring truckloads of I-751s to California they should be approving Removal of Conditions applications in a much more timely way.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I wish they'd transfer me to California Service Center. :-(

I don't understand the stitching up thing. Where do they stitch you? And how does that prevent miscarriage? :blush:

I just got a new phone. It is like having an i-pod and phone in one. I haven't downloaded any music to it yet though. I've never had that before, so this is a new concept for me. lol. I can watch TV on it too or listen to the radio. It's sooo cool.

Oh and going back to Canada for the first weekend in April. Maybe the snow will be gone by then. :whistle:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

Good morning everyone!

I'm so sorry to hear that Marilyn but cheer up pretty lady. My mom had to be stitched with me as well and was bed ridden for about 4 months...but here I am (was carried to full term, natural delivery and everything)! My little sister she was fine with, no stitching needed, no complications at all! So you never know, it could just be a one off thing (my mom had a miscarriage before me) and I'm sure you will have beautiful babies. *hugs*

Now I wish I knew how I could shake this damn cold. I got sick about half way through Wes's trip with strep and a nasty nasal infection. The strep is almost gone but I still can't breathe. Makes it very hard to eat :(

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.