Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah that might be a good choice...

although the Clippers and the Kings are both near the bottom of the standings..

Portland Trailblazers are nearer the top..

I might try and figure out a way to ask hubby...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning. Supposed to be a high of 70 today. It's nice that Florida weather greeted us upon our return! :hehe: Here's a picture of St. George Island at sunrise just prior to our leaving to enjoy with your morning coffee. Have a great day!

IMG_0164-1.jpgmorningcoffeeandread.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ugh, my exhusband is driving me up the wall! :bonk: Biggest hypocrite ever known to man.. lemme tell ya. Before I started dating my man, we were just friends. He had no problem with it. At the time he was allowing me to move from here (nova scotia) to Toronto to be with my family, for support and a better job in order for me to provide for my kids. Then, once he found out I was dating Dave, he went nuts. THe last trip I took to go see him in Florida, my ex literally packed up the kids overnight without telling me, and drove straight from Nova Scotia, to Toronto and drove straight there, without even calling the school to tell them that they werent going to be there, I didnt even find out till 2 days later after I couldnt get a hold of anyone at home, and my son told me he was at Grandpas house :blush: . Why did he do that? To go b!tch at my parents, saying im a terrible and unfit mother, and he wasnt going to let me have custody of my kids, and not let them move out of the province of NS, etc. (this coming from a father who barely did ANYTHING with them before I told him I wanted a divorce). He tried asking them for 'dirt' on me to help him with his case. Which infuriorated my family, asked if I was ever diagnosed with anxiety, or depression, or anything in the past.. so he could use it against me. Asked if any of them could help him out, etc. What a #######.

Anyways, it got to the point my parents couldnt trust him anymore, he was such an evil wench at my parents place, that my family had to call the cops not once, but twice on him out there because he went nutso. So of course he had nowhere to go since his family didnt live there, so he wanted to pack up and go back to NS. Of course I wanted to go too.. where my kids go, I go. Of course, when we got home CAS had to get involved because when the cops were called to my parents place, the kids where there, so by law they had to come and make sure things were kosher.

At this point, he STILL refused to let my kids move anywhere but from NS. But he also knew he didnt have a leg to stand on to try to take primary care and control from me (at this point we were still living together, just in seperate rooms since I had no job yet as I was a SAHM for 6 years). All he wants is what benefits him. He knew that if I were going to Toronto, I wasnt going to accept the full $1100 of child support he'd have to pay me since Id be lving with my parents trying to help me out, as a compromise for him to let me leave the province, I was only going to accept $700. That was fine till I started dating. He would see them every summer for 8 weeks, and every christmas break (alternating christmas days,then flying out boxing day)

I honestly think that was the ONLY reason why he was letting me go down with them. Because he cant afford the full amount of child support (because hes refusing to sell the house , and he is going to buy out my portion of equity using debt, which gives him more debt, which makes him not afford full child support... see how he likes to make his life miserable then cry to others that he cant afford full child support? UGH!).

Anyhow, he's still refusing to let my SON who is 5, move with me to Florida! He said he will 'compromise' and let my daughter move with me, so we each have a kid. And I honestly think that its because of child support, once again. He doesnt want to have to fork it out.

The guy lives off videogames. Eats, sleeps, works, plays videogames. I cant picture him waking up early, getting my son dressed for school, to the bus stop, then go to work, then be home in time for the bus, do homework, make dinner, clean, put them to bed, knowing he only has an hour or two for games. The guy has played about 40 hours a week of games. Not to mention, he is military! He thinks they are going to allow him to just work from 8:30-2 everyday so he can get my son off the bus. AND hes Airforce and is aircrew, so he thinks they will just say 'dont worry about not flying..so you can be with your kids". Im sorry... nope. Military doesnt work that way... even though he says they will accomodate him as a single parent. Whatever. Im sure its just all talk.

Its too bad that my exhusband is so self-centered, and does what HE wants, what benefits him.. and not thinking about what my son wants and needs.

I honestly wish there was a way, that this whole immigration process could be easier, and they would let kids move based on if a court awarded mobility rights to another country and the uscis recognize it.

This is also the ex, who the rcmp came and arrested, my ex was inconsistant with them, trying to say I was a bad mother, just to see if it would help his case out. And guess what happend? Yep, they arrested him and took him in. Karma's a b!tch.

I just wish at this point, after him purposely trying to make my life miserable, that I wish there was a way the embassy would allow the move for both kids, and I can get what I deserve... my kids, and my kids deserving their FULL Child support.

He wouldnt allow my kids to move to Toronto anymore, becuase he doesnt want to see me move on. He knows out here, I cant have the income to sposnor Dave to move here either. Dave wont find a good of a job out here as he is being offered in the states. My ex doesnt want me to have both my kids around a 'new person'. Yet, 3 weeks ago he met some chick , who is going to move in here now next year? Hypocrite.

Grr!

End rant!

That made me feel better!

Edited by ♥Stiggy♥

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

ugh, my exhusband is driving me up the wall! :bonk: Biggest hypocrite ever known to man.. lemme tell ya. Before I started dating my man, we were just friends. He had no problem with it. At the time he was allowing me to move from here (nova scotia) to Toronto to be with my family, for support and a better job in order for me to provide for my kids. Then, once he found out I was dating Dave, he went nuts. THe last trip I took to go see him in Florida, my ex literally packed up the kids overnight without telling me, and drove straight from Nova Scotia, to Toronto and drove straight there, without even calling the school to tell them that they werent going to be there, I didnt even find out till 2 days later after I couldnt get a hold of anyone at home, and my son told me he was at Grandpas house :blush: . Why did he do that? To go b!tch at my parents, saying im a terrible and unfit mother, and he wasnt going to let me have custody of my kids, and not let them move out of the province of NS, etc. (this coming from a father who barely did ANYTHING with them before I told him I wanted a divorce). He tried asking them for 'dirt' on me to help him with his case. Which infuriorated my family, asked if I was ever diagnosed with anxiety, or depression, or anything in the past.. so he could use it against me. Asked if any of them could help him out, etc. What a #######.

Anyways, it got to the point my parents couldnt trust him anymore, he was such an evil wench at my parents place, that my family had to call the cops not once, but twice on him out there because he went nutso. So of course he had nowhere to go since his family didnt live there, so he wanted to pack up and go back to NS. Of course I wanted to go too.. where my kids go, I go. Of course, when we got home CAS had to get involved because when the cops were called to my parents place, the kids where there, so by law they had to come and make sure things were kosher.

At this point, he STILL refused to let my kids move anywhere but from NS. But he also knew he didnt have a leg to stand on to try to take primary care and control from me (at this point we were still living together, just in seperate rooms since I had no job yet as I was a SAHM for 6 years). All he wants is what benefits him. He knew that if I were going to Toronto, I wasnt going to accept the full $1100 of child support he'd have to pay me since Id be lving with my parents trying to help me out, as a compromise for him to let me leave the province, I was only going to accept $700. That was fine till I started dating. He would see them every summer for 8 weeks, and every christmas break (alternating christmas days,then flying out boxing day)

I honestly think that was the ONLY reason why he was letting me go down with them. Because he cant afford the full amount of child support (because hes refusing to sell the house , and he is going to buy out my portion of equity using debt, which gives him more debt, which makes him not afford full child support... see how he likes to make his life miserable then cry to others that he cant afford full child support? UGH!).

Anyhow, he's still refusing to let my SON who is 5, move with me to Florida! He said he will 'compromise' and let my daughter move with me, so we each have a kid. And I honestly think that its because of child support, once again. He doesnt want to have to fork it out.

The guy lives off videogames. Eats, sleeps, works, plays videogames. I cant picture him waking up early, getting my son dressed for school, to the bus stop, then go to work, then be home in time for the bus, do homework, make dinner, clean, put them to bed, knowing he only has an hour or two for games. The guy has played about 40 hours a week of games. Not to mention, he is military! He thinks they are going to allow him to just work from 8:30-2 everyday so he can get my son off the bus. AND hes Airforce and is aircrew, so he thinks they will just say 'dont worry about not flying..so you can be with your kids". Im sorry... nope. Military doesnt work that way... even though he says they will accomodate him as a single parent. Whatever. Im sure its just all talk.

Its too bad that my exhusband is so self-centered, and does what HE wants, what benefits him.. and not thinking about what my son wants and needs.

I honestly wish there was a way, that this whole immigration process could be easier, and they would let kids move based on if a court awarded mobility rights to another country and the uscis recognize it.

This is also the ex, who the rcmp came and arrested, my ex was inconsistant with them, trying to say I was a bad mother, just to see if it would help his case out. And guess what happend? Yep, they arrested him and took him in. Karma's a b!tch.

I just wish at this point, after him purposely trying to make my life miserable, that I wish there was a way the embassy would allow the move for both kids, and I can get what I deserve... my kids, and my kids deserving their FULL Child support.

He wouldnt allow my kids to move to Toronto anymore, becuase he doesnt want to see me move on. He knows out here, I cant have the income to sposnor Dave to move here either. Dave wont find a good of a job out here as he is being offered in the states. My ex doesnt want me to have both my kids around a 'new person'. Yet, 3 weeks ago he met some chick , who is going to move in here now next year? Hypocrite.

Grr!

End rant!

That made me feel better!

Wow, that's quite the rant in the OT forum! Using children to control ex's is atrocious. Really shows the immaturity of some people. I can empathize with you, truly. One of the things I'm going to say is that what his debt is, and how much he can afford to pay for child support is not true. The courts do not care about what kind of debt he has. It's about how much he makes and what he has to pay. There are scales and tables that determine what he has to pay. I don't know if you've got a seperation agreement in place, but you really REALLY need to see a lawyer immediately. Firstly, for the interim, secondly, to start or continue your divorce proceedings.

He will however have some say in where the children are going to be, whether it be Toronto, or Florida but you need to start working on an agreement, and getting the courts involved now, or this "journey" is going to be heartbreaking, and endless.

I wish you all the best. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Yah, our divorce will be final as of next week when we can file. Last night my ex and I talked about what my lawyer should put on the divorce papers, since he cant afford to have his lawyer draw it up (his criminal court stuff cost him about 12k last month). Ive got primary care and control right now, from our seperation agreement. And Im going to keep it that way in the divorce papers as well, and Im still asking for full child support. I just wont be entitled to spousal support because of the debt load he is taking on.

I just wish that this immigration process could be easier if you had proof showing that the courts granted mobility rights to another country and INS would accept it:(

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline
Yah, our divorce will be final as of next week when we can file. Last night my ex and I talked about what my lawyer should put on the divorce papers, since he cant afford to have his lawyer draw it up (his criminal court stuff cost him about 12k last month). Ive got primary care and control right now, from our seperation agreement. And Im going to keep it that way in the divorce papers as well, and Im still asking for full child support. I just wont be entitled to spousal support because of the debt load he is taking on.

I just wish that this immigration process could be easier if you had proof showing that the courts granted mobility rights to another country and INS would accept it:(

If you truly believe that he is holding the child hostage, because of the amount of child support he will have to pay, I wonder if you waived all child support if he would hassle you less.

I don't mean you necessarily have to do that on the paperwork, I mean just an agreement between the two of you.

Timeline

Since he is paying LESS than what he should, then if he wants to be a jerk, you might as well go after the full amount!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Since he is paying LESS than what he should, then if he wants to be a jerk, you might as well go after the full amount!!

Right now hes not paying a penney because I live in the house still since I have no job. No bus service out here, to bring me into Greenwood (Im in the middle of Wilmot flames) or anywhere else. And I thought about moving out to my own place somewhere with the kids , but Id hate to buy furniture, sign a new lease, kids would have to change schools , etc etc just to apply for the CR1 soon and move out a few months later. So Im trying to tough it out in here with him living here too.

ANd trailmix, thats a good idea. I wonder if I asked him to drop it in half, if he would let them go. I cant say drop it totally, since who knows how long its gonna be till I get a steady job when I move down, and having D support all of us on his income alone is probably gonna be impossible. Especially with my sons medical issues and hwo often he has to be admitted to the hospital for treatments. He stays home ill about 5 times a month, I cant take on a full time job knowing that

Edited by ♥Stiggy♥

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline

I never knew we had a venting room. I shoul dhave put this in there lol

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I never knew we had a venting room. I shoul dhave put this in there lol

Stiggy.. I'm sure you've answered this question before, but have you & your fiance talked about him moving to Canada ?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful evening. As no one has yet done so, I have brought breakfast!

breakfast2.jpg

Stiggy - I hope that things get better for you. I think its very unfair of him to do such things to you, and from his behaviour I would be very careful if I were him, as you could use a lot of it to show just how unfit he is to parent.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

So I've been invited to a bridal shower, and I'm confused by an insert in the envelope. So the bride has a registry at Taget and BB&B, cool. But the insert says "There will also be a well of wishes, so bring a small item for the new Mr. & Mrs" Is this a nice way of asking to bring $$ to the shower? So bring money AND a gift?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So I've been invited to a bridal shower, and I'm confused by an insert in the envelope. So the bride has a registry at Taget and BB&B, cool. But the insert says "There will also be a well of wishes, so bring a small item for the new Mr. & Mrs" Is this a nice way of asking to bring $$ to the shower? So bring money AND a gift?

it says item though.. not sure if they mean money or not..

just found this about the well of wishes...

The bridal shower wishing well is one of those traditions that have been used for so long; no one remembers its original purpose. It is a pretty receptacle for gifts or wishes for the bride and groom and if you attend five different bridal showers, you are likely to find five different ways the wishing well can be used.

To make a wishing well for your bridal shower, use cardboard and decorates it with silk, lace, and flowers. The well portion, a box or cylinder, becomes the receptacle for gifts or wishes. Small wishing wells can also be purchased or rented. If you need a larger well for gifts, you may have to construct it.

One of the oldest traditions is to use the well for small household items brought in addition to the main gift. Items such as stamps, batteries, or measuring spoons are ideal. The gifts are generally unwrapped, unlabeled, and opened after the shower, as they are meant to stock the newlywed's home. Other wishing well gift suggestions include cookbooks, a fancy corkscrew, or perhaps an accessory to each guest's main gift.

If the shower has a theme, the wishing well can be incorporated into it. For example, a kitchen themed shower might yield cooking items for the main gifts and spices or recipes for the wishing well. If the shower is a traditional bachelorette party, the well could be used for anything from racy honeymoon favors to personal spa items.

Another way that a wishing well is used is for monetary gifts. Sometimes the guests and hostess may pool funds for a specific item or project, such as the couple's honeymoon or accessories for their wedding. A collection is made at the shower by using the wishing well. If the bride wants to receive monetary gifts, explain this in the invitations and have the gifts dropped anonymously into the well as the guests walk into the bridal shower.

The bridal shower wishing well can also simply be used for wishes, greeting, poems, and to share memories with the bride. Make sure to mention your wishing well requests either in the invitation or at the door as the guests arrive. If you are asking for wishes at the door, provide index cards and pens for your guests. Later, pull the cards out of the well and read them aloud for a memorable shower event.

http://www.weddingclipart.com/guide/bridal...shing-well.html

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ohh thanks Marilyn! So I guess it's like a pretty box that you put your gift in LOL I'm gonna get something off the registry I suppose, that's the easy way to go.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Laura's cat thread reminded me of this.. and it brought me back home to living in Canada both in the city and in small towns. I noticed a lot more cats would roam free up there, whereas down here you don't see as many. I am of course only speaking from personal experience and living in the areas I have lived in down here.

I mean my uncle in Toronto lets his cats out every day and they come home. My husband says people don't really do that around here. Odd I wonder why.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.