Exodus04

N400 sent to Nebraska forwarded to Phoenix?

4 posts in this topic

Timeline

I sent my N400 application to Nebraska Service Center via USPS certified mail about a week ago. I just tracked the package online and somehow my package was forwarded from Lincoln to Phoenix, AZ. It just delivered in Phoenix (85034) today. Is that normal? I live in Portland, OR, though. Why did it go to Phoenix? I'm very nervous now. Hopefully I didn't do something wrong... :(

I sent my N400 application to Nebraska Service Center via USPS certified mail about a week ago. I just tracked the package online and somehow my package was forwarded from Lincoln to Phoenix, AZ. It just delivered in Phoenix (85034) today. Is that normal? I live in Portland, OR, though. Why did it go to Phoenix? I'm very nervous now. Hopefully I didn't do something wrong... :(

I don't have a clue, but hope it all works out for you, and that you'll get a nice Christmas present in the form of a NOA.

Thai Mom

Yes, it is normal.

Finally USCIS is migrating to National Benefit Center for central processing.

As a part of migration plan executed as of Dec 1st, they are forwarding the cases from all 4 service center lock boxes to new NBC facilities, one in Texas, and another in Arizona.

So if it is working out without problems, they will officially change the N400 lock boxes to those two locations.

Timeline

Thanks, Thai Mom and moonhunt. I found this article on uscis.gov dated 10/9/08.

========================================================

USCIS Delays Implementation of Direct Mail Program For N-400, Application for Naturalization

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today it will delay implementation of the Direct Mail Program for the N-400, Application for Naturalization. A Federal Register notice is scheduled to be published Oct. 10, 2008, announcing this delay.

Last month, USCIS published a notice in the Federal Register, which would have changed the filing address for N-400s from USCIS Service Centers to two lockbox facilities in Arizona and Texas. Implementation of this new process would have begun Oct. 14, 2008.

USCIS is delaying implementation of this new filing procedure to conduct additional tests of the technology involved. Accordingly, the Sept. 12 notice will be withdrawn Oct. 10, 2008.

Applicants for naturalization should continue to submit their Form N-400 according to the instructions on the form until further notice. In almost all cases, this means applicants will submit their N-400s to a USCIS Service Center.

For additional information, visit us on the Web at www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

=========================================================

So, it's just like moonhunt said. Thanks for the reassuring.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.