Mich3

Divorce Decrees

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Would this be the same thing as a divorce certificate. It has a gold foil seal on it and states where we were married, what day and the day the marriage dissolved. Is this what I need to bring to my interview???

:huh:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't know what you're looking at. A divorce decree is either the original doc. signed by the judge that declared the marriage dissolved, or a certified copy of the same from the county records that has an original of the decree.

Feb. 2005 - Met in Brazil the first time

May. 2005 - Visited Brazil

Aug. 2005 - Visited Brazil

10/30/05 - Mailed I129F

11/09/05 - NOA1

Nov. 2005 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/02/06 - NOA2

Feb. 2006 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/24/06 - Packet received at NVC

03/20/06 - Fiance received packet 3 from consulate

04/26/06 - Fiance received appointment letter

05/09/06 - I flew to Rio

5/10/06 - Met fiance at airport

5/11/06 - Medical exam in Rio

05/12/06 - Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!!

05/17/06 - Received visa in Rio

07/20/06 - POE Miami

10/16/06 - Married!!!!

01/10/07 - Sent AOS and EAD application

01/17/07 - NOA - Receipt

02/02/07 - Biometric appointment

02/09/07 - NOA - Transfer of case to California center

03/22/07 - EAD approved

05/10/07 - AOS approved!!!!

Eulalia and Bill

Would this be the same thing as a divorce certificate. It has a gold foil seal on it and states where we were married, what day and the day the marriage dissolved. Is this what I need to bring to my interview???

Hi,

I sent for certified copies of my divorce decree...they came with a gold foil seal. The seal may be different from place to place...some courts, or departments of vital records may use a raised seal, or other type of seal. Usually it called a final decree of divorce or final decree. Did you not include a copy in your petition?

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Timeline

Hi,

I sent for certified copies of my divorce decree...they came with a gold foil seal. The seal may be different from place to place...some courts, or departments of vital records may use a raised seal, or other type of seal. Usually it called a final decree of divorce or final decree. Did you not include a copy in your petition?

I called the courthouse in my area and found out that it is the DIVORCE ORDER that I need a certified copy of. I also have a certificate but apparently thats not the same thing. :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In Ontario, I had to get a Certificate of Divorce from the Superior Court. It has a red seal on the top left and states the names, date of marriage, date divorced was issued and the date the divorce was active. The last date reflects the waiting time required after a divorce is issued.

Timeline
In Ontario, I had to get a Certificate of Divorce from the Superior Court. It has a red seal on the top left and states the names, date of marriage, date divorced was issued and the date the divorce was active. The last date reflects the waiting time required after a divorce is issued.

Wally..

So they never asked you for the divorce order then???

As was said above, every place does these things differently. But generally what they are looking for is where it was filed with a court and has a judge's signature (or the court's seal or stamp).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Beware the red seal. In Ontario, it can appear on the Divorce Judgement, which is only the judge's decision. The actual divorce doesn't become final until a month later. We need a certified copy of the final divorce, regardless of what they call it. If you have the original, hold onto it for the interview.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wally..

So they never asked you for the divorce order then???

like Jersey girl said...your divorce (at least in Ontario) is not truly final until 30 days after the divorce is granted by the judge. After the 30 days I had to go back to the Superior Court and request the Certificate of Divorce...only had to wait a few minutes and I think there was a small fee.

Filed: Timeline

Mich,

What you ought to bring to the interview is the original of whatever you submitted a photocopy of with your petition. The consular officer may want to verify the photocopy.

Yodrak

Timeline
Mich,

What you ought to bring to the interview is the original of whatever you submitted a photocopy of with your petition. The consular officer may want to verify the photocopy.

Yodrak

Thanks yodrak.......I know what to bring now. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.