33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Yup...Feb 11 is the day. However, I was seriously hoping to land a January date. I guess Mumbai embassy is really busy.

CJ,

Congrats! So, are you planning to convert your k3 interview to cr1 once you finished with NVC? It looks like you will be done with your NVC journey way before the interview date. Keep up updated.

Best of luck bro!

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yup...Feb 11 is the day. However, I was seriously hoping to land a January date. I guess Mumbai embassy is really busy.

Not really, because there is no US Embassy in Mumbai. However, the US Consulate is quite busy and that's where you'll interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations on your interview date! The time will fly in shopping and getting ready to come to US. Did you send the Packet 3 via courier? Also, how did you find out about the interview date - did you receive Packet 4 or called DOS? Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

CJ Vasani,

How did you find out that the consulate received the K-3 package?

Who gets mailed the Packet 3, me or my wife in India?

Can we use the same DS-230 that we're using for the CR-1 for the Packet 3 response for K-3?

Thanks

CR-1

I-130 NOA 1- 3/20/08

I-I30 touched- 3/26/08

I-130 APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

Generate DS-3032- NA

Generate AOS Bill- 12/18/08

E-mail DS-3032- NA

Mail Hard Copy DS-3032- NA

NVC Accept DS-3032- NA

AOS Bill Marked 'Paid'- 12/31/08

Generate IV Bill- 12/18/08

IV Bill Marked "Paid"- 12/31/08

Send AOS Package- 12/31/08

Send IV Pacakge- 12/31/08

NVC Receive AOS Package- 1/2/09

NVC Receive IV Package- 1/2/09

NVC Case Complete- 1/22/09

Wife Completes Medical- 2/7/09

NVC Schedules CR-1 Case- 2/10/09

Wife Submits documents for K-3 Interview- 2/12/09

NVC Sends Case to Mumbai Consulate- 2/18/09

Case arrives in Mumbai- 2/23/09

Consulate confirms willingness to issue CR-1 on K-3 interview date- 2/23/09

Original K-3 interview, but APPROVED for CR-1 as file arrived in time!!- 2/26/09

Original CR-1 Interview, assumed to be cancelled as not necessary- 3/5/09

POE- New York- 3/7/09

K-3

I-129F NOA 1- 4/11/08

I-129F touched- 5/14/08

I-129F APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

I-129F Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

NVC Send Case to Mumbai Consulate- 12/17/08

Consulate Receives Case- 12/20/08

Consulate Send Packet 3- 12/22/08

Wife Send Packet 3 to Consulate- 12/25/08

Consulate Receive Packet 3- 1/2/09

Consulate Schedules Interview, sends Packet 4- 1/2/09

Wife Receives Packet 4, K-3 Leg Complete- 1/13/09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When I was waiting for an interview date, I would check the scheduled interview date for our embassy to see which month they were on. You can do this by going to the immigration Timelines tabe above. Then do a search using only your embassy. The sort them in order by interview date. That gives you a grasp of hour far out they are scheduling interviews.

Congratulations on the the date. Sorry it did not meet your expectations. That can be dissapointing. Your love and dedication will shine through in the interview.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Not really, because there is no US Embassy in Mumbai. However, the US Consulate is quite busy and that's where you'll interview.

Correct as usual...wonderful how you pick these small things up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Congratulations on your interview date! The time will fly in shopping and getting ready to come to US. Did you send the Packet 3 via courier? Also, how did you find out about the interview date - did you receive Packet 4 or called DOS? Thanks.

Wifey is really sad with this date, but then again i am trying to convince her about the same thing that the time will fly.

About Packet 3 - it was downloaded from Mumbai 'Consulate' website and couriered over with UPS overnight. I e-mailed the Mumbai consulate a day later to find out.

CJ Vasani,

How did you find out that the consulate received the K-3 package?

Who gets mailed the Packet 3, me or my wife in India?

Can we use the same DS-230 that we're using for the CR-1 for the Packet 3 response for K-3?

Thanks

Sanket - I'll PM you with my phone number. Call me if you need help. Packet 3 can be downloaded and sent to Mumbai consulate via UPS by my wife. Same DS-230, but send only the first part.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

CJ Vasani....It happen the same here in Brazil, we wait 2 months after our approval. So, I`m prepared already for to wait...I want my approval in December so for sure I could plan at least my life to February.

Aiaiaiaiaiai Go VSC!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Correct as usual...wonderful how you pick these small things up.

These mistakes are generally not a big deal but DO often cause confusion. Frankly, if one wants to assure accuracy, they'll refer to all visa interview related affairs as being with a Consulate, since even at an Embassy, it is the Consular Services section they are actually dealing with. Often such services are provided at an entirely different site than the Embassy itself. In Guangzhou, the Consulate's Immigrant Visa unit is at an entirely different location than the "Consulate" itself.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Congrats again...tell wifey not to be sad. Will you go there to be with her during interview? Maybe she'll feel better if you go there and you're with her...at least you can spend Valentine's day together... :wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.