Brad and Vika

Interview Scheduled in Kiev!!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
As far as the interview, if Vika is fluent she should have no problems. Though moral support is important...

Considering the interview can be conducted in English, Ukrainian or Russian... I assume she is fluent in at least one of those languages.. :)

Ok, you got me....I meant, if she is fluent in English she would have no problem. The man conducting the interviews in english (not sure if he does the other languages) was very nice and helpful. Thats where I was going with that...

My wife did hers in Russian....

YMMV

As far as the interview, if Vika is fluent she should have no problems. Though moral support is important...

Considering the interview can be conducted in English, Ukrainian or Russian... I assume she is fluent in at least one of those languages.. :)

Ok, you got me....I meant, if she is fluent in English she would have no problem. The man conducting the interviews in english (not sure if he does the other languages) was very nice and helpful. Thats where I was going with that...

My wife did hers in Russian....

Vika speaks all three languages, so I think its covered. I rebooked for January 9th, return on the 24th, and we will be in Kiev the entire time. Points well taken about moral support, etc. Also, although I was showing some frustration about the frequent changes of mind, when I think for 30 seconds about it, she is completely justified being nervous. I was single again for a long time, and need to retrain my brain to recognize some one else's well founded distress. Even for a guy, I am pretty thick skinned sometimes. Thanks for all the advice and support.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Brad,

It is certainly understandable. Many of us were single for a long time, including both partners. My wife had been divorced for 15 years and I had been divorced for 11. The changes to having someone in your daily life is big. As long as both partners are willing to make allowances for the other, accept different customs and cultural variety, then you can both look forward to a long and loving relationship.

The best part of your visa journey is about to start with the adventure of the two of you living together as husband and wife. Best of luck on that adventure.

Brad,

It is certainly understandable. Many of us were single for a long time, including both partners. My wife had been divorced for 15 years and I had been divorced for 11. The changes to having someone in your daily life is big. As long as both partners are willing to make allowances for the other, accept different customs and cultural variety, then you can both look forward to a long and loving relationship.

The best part of your visa journey is about to start with the adventure of the two of you living together as husband and wife. Best of luck on that adventure.

Thank you sir, for the kind words :) We are both looking forward to getting started, and hope the interview, etc. goes smoothly.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• 3 weeks later...

So the new plan is to arrive in Kiev January 9th, nail the interview on the 12th, and then hang around until we can pick up Vika's passport, then head out. Her parents want to come to Kiev and say goodbye again, go to the airport, etc. - so Turkey is off the table. Another time perhaps. :D

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Brad, good luck, and have a safe trip both ways...

No longer in the hands of the USCIS, for my wife at least, next up MIL.

So the new plan is to arrive in Kiev January 9th, nail the interview on the 12th, and then hang around until we can pick up Vika's passport, then head out. Her parents want to come to Kiev and say goodbye again, go to the airport, etc. - so Turkey is off the table. Another time perhaps. :D

how exciting...and good to hear. as i waste away the hrs waiting for our noa2, i think about going to warsaw for the interview. then, after we get the visa, heading to brest, belarus to meet his parents before coming home to the USA. safe travels and may i be in your shoes soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Here are a few tips from our experience.

We had our interview August 7 (thursday) and Alla received her passport at her home in Donetsk on Monday the 11th. They will tell you it will take "7-10 days" but it did not. Another option, call the FedEx office in Kiev 2 business days (1 day if a weekend is involved)after the interview and ask if you can pick up her package at the office before it is sent out of Kiev. OR, beg and plead with the consulate to give it to you that day or the next...hey it happens. I think if you made return reservations for 1 week later you will be more than safe. They will give you some sort of text message system you can "track your package" with. It doesn't work.

I have the fedex office numbers in Kiev, an excellent private driver (if you need one) a good apartment and the direct phone number to the director of the visa section if you need it, email me.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the advice and good wishes. I made it to Kiev in good time (Atlanta to Paris was only 7.5 hours, instead of 9.5 from Chicago to say, Frankfort or Prague). A good tail wind helped. We have checked and rechecked the documents, and all appears well. We will try to pick up the visa at Fedex the next day, and see what happens. I am very glad that I decided to attend the interview, as Viktoria seems much more calm now that I have arrived.

how exciting...and good to hear. as i waste away the hrs waiting for our noa2, i think about going to warsaw for the interview. then, after we get the visa, heading to brest, belarus to meet his parents before coming home to the USA. safe travels and may i be in your shoes soon!

Hang in there - your turn is coming!

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.