amal

Is it already Tuesday?

68 posts in this topic

I'm fairly sure it is Tuesday now although I've been wrong about the day all day long so forgive me if I'm wrong.

checked the computer and it thinks it's tuesday as well so I'll take that and run with it!

OK mena peeps, I need some major prayers today! Here's what happened.....

We found out the day we left to Missouri that we have until the end of the year to find a place to live. Our apartment has already been rented out to new renters so we can't go back there now. IF we chose to rent again, we would have to have at least 1800 dollars to cover 1st and last months rent PLUS another 350 deposit. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we've been looking at houses since we got back from our trip.

NOW... We've probably looked at around 1000 houses in the last week and what we've found is this... In the half-decent, to good areas...the houses are 120,000 or up. Rent for these houses is around 1200 dollars per month and that would leave us at having to pay 1200 first, 1200 last, 350(ish) for deposit. We searched high and low in neighborhood after neighborhood and today (monday since I haven't been to sleep yet) we stumbled upon a really nice house for 89,900 which would make our down payment around 2500(ish) and our monthly payments around 850 with tax and insurance included. (we think its a total steal!!!)

We called an agent and they showed it to us. Here are the specs. 1550 sq. ft. , 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, large walk-in closets, large living room , nice sized kitchen with gas stove and dishwasher, alarm system, in an appraisal district of 120,000, and has a 2 car garage. OH, and a fenced in back yard with underground power lines.

The only real issue is that the former owners had metal type furniture that rusted the carpet in quite a few areas. We figure we can replace the flooring (jackie hint hint) with a wood laminate (sp?) in the next 6 months or so.

The house is a foreclosure and appraised at 120,000 dollars just a few months ago so we know that if we are able to buy it, anything we update will just add to the value of the home and we should have no problem getting 120 AT MINIMUM for it if we want to sell it.

We are supposed to find out today if the bank accepts our offer of 85 or not so a few extra prayers would be appreciated.

I will be ok if we don't get it as whatever happens is in God's will. So don't pray that we get it...just request that whatever he wants to happen be something good for us :)

I hope you all have super terriffic days...and THANKS for the happy anniversary wishes :) We've been so busy that I haven't had much time to log in over the last 2 days.

(F) amal (F)

I'll try to make the slumber party tonite (it is tonight isn't it?) anyway, I'll do my best!

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yup, it's tuesday. alarmclock-1.gif

and here is the dvd list:

- The Dark Knight (Full Screen Edition) (Action, Crime)

- The Dark Knight (Two-Disc Special Edition) (Action, Crime)

- The Dark Knight (Widescreen Edition) (Action, Crime)

- Deadwood: The Complete Series (Adventure, Crime, Drama, TV, Western)

- Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who (Limited Edition Gift Set) (Animation, Family)

- Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who (Two-Disc Special Edition) (Animation, Family)

- Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who (Widescreen and Full Screen Single-Disc Edition) (Animation, Family)

- Elephant Tales (Action, Adventure, Family)

- Get Smart: The Complete Series (Comedy, TV)

- Gunsmoke: The Third Season, Volume One (Drama, TV, Western)

- Happy Days: The Fourth Season (Comedy, TV)

- Happy Days: Seasons 1-4 (Comedy, TV)

- I Am Legend (Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi)

- It Happened One Night (Comedy, Drama, Romance)

- Lost: The Complete Fourth Season - The Expanded Experience (Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller, TV)

- Man on Wire (Documentary)

- The Man Who Came Back (Action, Drama, Western)

- Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (Comedy, Romance)

- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (Drama)

- Murnau, Borzage and Fox (Various)

- Open Window (Drama)

- Rawhide: The Third Season, Volume 2 (Action, Adventure, Drama, TV, Western)

- Sex and the City: The Movie - The Wedding Collection (Comedy)

- The Wire: The Complete Series (Crime, Drama, TV)

- You Can't Take It With You (Comedy, Romance)

bleh, nothing really interesting to me at least.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone

it has been 3 months since we got the NOA1 and still no news .

i hope we will hear good news soon and my best wishes for everyone who still waiting .

have a nice blessed day all

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hope things work out well for you, Amal!

I don't feel like I slept at all last night.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey Everyone! Happy Tuesday. I have an egg on my face...literally, an egg on my cheek - I'm on antibiotics and hoping I can get into a dentist sometime soon.

Amal, I'll be praying big prayers for you guys. I hope it all works out. Flooring is pretty inexpensive and sometimes you can do it yourself. If you get it, I would suggest that you all try to do the flooring before moving in, as that can be a pain in the ####### once you have all your furniture in the house.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Amal, now is the time to buy if you are a buyer but not time to sell. So take advantage of home ownership if the house is in pretty good condition. I live in a neighborhood where the houses costed anywhere from 150-250,000 to build and they sold one for 94,000 a month ago. So buy now if your job is stable and you can. That is my suggestion.....the carpet, no big deal because you probably will not be able to get a bank to credit you too much on this. Cover it if you have to for now with rugs if you don't have the money to jerk it up and replace it.

We are moving due to an ugly divorce a few years ago that has caught up with me. My dad found a foreclosure home for us that is about 1400 square foot 4 bedrooms and 1 bath. He got it for 65000 and will rent it to us for 700.00. I can't beat that, its 600.00 cheaper than the home I owned. It will also be totally remodeled by the time we move in. So, possibly in the future it will have some equity in it. The same house would have sold for about 110,000 2.5 years ago. Eventually hubby and I will put it in our name. We are replacing the flooring with like a pergo type of flooring throughout the home besides the kitchen.

HG I pray you get something soon!!

I hate to hear about your mouth Staashi. I hope you feel better soon.

Jackie, good to hear you are doing better.

Mornin' Charles and Caybee!

I hope you have a great day today everybody!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

*gasp* 89,000$ for a house?? OMG I can only dream about finding something so amazing!!! I couldn't even buy an efficiency condo here for that much :( We were looking at rent to own/ something we could do with our weak credit. Homes here, for a small 3 bedroom basic ranch are like $250,000 for a decent townhouse $400,000+ I really really want my own house but for now I'm stuck paying $1400 a month for a semi-decent 2 bedroom apartment.

Nothing much for us here. Busy day with Eid yesterday. Taking our sheep to the butcher to get cut up today. I'm pretty tired and looking at a mound of work!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

It really is a steal in our opinions. Jackie, how much would it cost to tear up carpet and do wood laminate flooring? the house itself is 1550 sq ft and has carpet in all but the bathrooms and kitchen. I'd guestimate the sq ft at around 1000??ish??? I'll see if I can get the specific dimensions today (if they accept our offer). Would you just need the dimensions for the sq ft of each room/hallway?

*gasp* 89,000$ for a house?? OMG I can only dream about finding something so amazing!!! I couldn't even buy an efficiency condo here for that much :( We were looking at rent to own/ something we could do with our weak credit. Homes here, for a small 3 bedroom basic ranch are like $250,000 for a decent townhouse $400,000+ I really really want my own house but for now I'm stuck paying $1400 a month for a semi-decent 2 bedroom apartment.

Nothing much for us here. Busy day with Eid yesterday. Taking our sheep to the butcher to get cut up today. I'm pretty tired and looking at a mound of work!

holy cow! there's no way we could even dream to pay more than 1200/month in rent!!! I dunno how u do it! what is sad is that in my hometown in MO, my apartment was a VERY spacious 2 bed 1 bath for only 400/month! When we moved here and found similar places going for more than 900/mnth, I about lost my mind!

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good morning!

Its pouring rain here today in the Chi. Im off work again and zaid and I were suppose to go xmas shopping. I dont know If that will still be the plans now, I really hate dragging him out in the rain.

Amal, Good luck with whatever happens :)

Jax, glad to hear your feeling better

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Timeline

Totally depends on who is putting it in and how long you want it to last. Labor, expect to pay $2.00 sf. If you are handy, you can save alot in the labor department. You can get a laminate for .99 but in about a year, the edges will start to warp and look funky. So everything you do and pay now...will look like ####### real soon. Also the locking edge on a cheap laminate is almost non-existant. That is what holds it together is the lock part. The more you pay, the better the locking edge, thus will look nice longer.

Do not...NOT ever water mop a laminate floor. Use windex and a sponge mop. If you get a scuff or black marker, use nail polish remover. It will take ANYTHING off laminate and not hurt the finish.

1000 sf = about $1800 if you put it in. Add about $2300 for install

1000sf of carpet, installed over pad $2000 total

Edited by just_Jackie

Totally depends on who is putting it in and how long you want it to last. Labor, expect to pay $2.00 sf. If you are handy, you can save alot in the labor department. You can get a laminate for .99 but in about a year, the edges will start to warp and look funky. So everything you do and pay now...will look like ####### real soon. Also the locking edge on a cheap laminate is almost non-existant. That is what holds it together is the lock part. The more you pay, the better the locking edge, thus will look nice longer.

Do not...NOT ever water mop a laminate floor. Use windex and a sponge mop. If you get a scuff or black marker, use nail polish remover. It will take ANYTHING off laminate and not hurt the finish.

1000 sf = about $1800 if you put it in. Add about $2300 for install

:wacko::blink: omg i don't know how you don't have smoke coming out ur ears by the end of the day. I'm already confused lmao! We may opt to purchase and have someone install but it may be a year before we can afford to do it....unlessssssss ur boss lets u do long distance playing :D:D:D then I'll just pay you to come set us up with tha good stuff! oh yeah baby!

Interview-December 2005

Mornin All

I would have rather stayed in bed.

Amal, good luck with your decision, sounds like you got a good prospect.

HG...hang in there dear, you'll hear something soon, I am sure of it! (F)

Charles, I'll take DARK KNIGHT, of course, I have been dying to see that flick.

Have a good one guys :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow Amal that sounds fantastic!!!! I agree that is super cheap for a nice house like that!

To be honest I have no idea what houses in my neighborhood are selling for....because they're just not selling!!! My house was assessed at $425k a few years ago but I don't even wanna look at what it must be worth today.

Tasha I hear ya on divorces biting you years later. My ex stopped paying child support two months ago which totally has croaked us. Not that I'm excusing it but his business is refacing and doing custom kitchens which has gone down hill since the mortgage crisis began. That's $1,200/month I'm no longer receiving so I'm trying now to rework my mortgage with the mortgage company. Good times I tell ya!

Staashi why aren't you at the dentist like yesterday!?! You shouldn't wait even a millisecond in your condition because it could turn into bigger problems.

Last night was the night from hell. I'm sooo glad it's over but as I was going to bed hubby came into the room and said "because you are in crabby mood I don't not love you". :blink: What I heard was "because you are in crabby mood I don't love you. " So, I started bawling my eyes out because between my sciatica acting up and other things that happened that was the LAST thing I needed. He was like, "oh what is this why are you crying???" and I said, "you don't love me when I'm crabby????" So he explained that he meant he loves me on my crabby days he loves me on my happy days...he just plain loves me. LOL I'm so glad yesterday is OVER!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.