Laura_and_IanM

Copy of I-130

7 posts in this topic

I think I may have a big problem here guys so I need all the best advice/input. Before I sent in the I-130, I had to do it over twice because on the first one I put my old married name. So I did it the second time with my new married name and sent that one in. Ian asked me the other day where I put the copy of it so he knows where I am keeping everything for when my time comes to leave. When I looked at the copy, I noticed that it was a copy of the first one I printed off with my old married name on it. I have searched the computer files to see if I have it saved and unfortunately I don't. How is this going to affect Ian when he goes for his interview and the copy of the I-130 isn't the same as what was sent in (it is the same, just different last name for me)? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on this one...I think I am on the third or fourth panic attack now...grrrrrrrrrr

Thanks in advance

Laura Mitchell

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

I could make a new one but I would have to sign and date it I would imagine...and I don't remember the date that I signed it. Or do you think they won't be bothered with that?! I just can't believe that I did something that is so unorganized...I am an organizing freak if you will lol.

Laura Mitchell

post-18933-1149575630_thumb.jpg

TIMELINE

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Laura.......dont be stressin' darlin'. Whilst it is recommended to make a copy of everything along the way...it is only done in case anything is misplaced or lost. I didnt have any copies of the petitions for my interview.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

He won't need to take the copy of I-130 for his interview. The copy is helpful for the beneficiary and you so that you can review the information and he knows what information are there. The consulate will have the

I-130 from NVC. He will need to take DS 230 I and II, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate, etc. But it is too early to worry about them now.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Thank you for the help guys! As always...it is much appreciated. Does this mean I may now breathe??? lol

Laura Mitchell

TIMELINE

Thank you for the help guys! As always...it is much appreciated. Does this mean I may now breathe??? lol

Laura Mitchell

You can relax. You are worrying about something that you don't need to worry about.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.