Enlighten one :)

Embassy Closed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

I know that international embassy's acknowledge both us and their residing country's holidays. Would they schedule an appointment knowing that they would be closed?

I am about to pull the hair out of my head right now.

Thanks for any input.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Hello,

I know that international embassy's acknowledge both us and their residing country's holidays. Would they schedule an appointment knowing that they would be closed?

Thanks for any input.

Very unlikely an Embassy/Consulate would knowingly schedule an interview on a day they are closed. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello,

Thanks for any input.

Very unlikely an Embassy/Consulate would knowingly schedule an interview on a day they are closed. :thumbs:

It happens....a lot unfortunately.

If they are closed they will probably contact him for a later date.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Atleast I was able to verify that there is in fact a Holiday today. He said Today and Tomorrow. The security gaurd told him to come back on Wednesday.

Eid ul-Adha

Main article: Eid ul-Adha

Eid ul-Adha (عيد الأضحى), or the Festival of Sacrifice, falls approximately 70 days after Eid ul-Fitr (end of Ramadan) and is celebrated in honor of the prophet Abraham willingness to sacrifice his son as a proof of his loyalty to God. Celebrations usually include presenting an animal (usually a cow or a sheep) sacrifice, and the meat is shared with family, friends and those in need.

The festival also marks the end of the Pilgrimage or Hajj to Mecca.

As with Eid ul-Fitr, there is an early morning prayer for the Eid, and celebrations lasts few days.

In Turkish this holiday is referred to as Kurban Bayramı, and in Bosnian as Kurban-Bajram or kurbanski Bajram.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Ok, it is now 1:00 pm in Nigeria. I believe that my husband has made it inot the Embassy for his appointment. I am so excited. Pray or pass us some positive vibes.

thanks all!

Timeline

I am excited that he made it in. I was nervouse he would not get in. Good things are to come of his interview! I can't think any other way. If all goes well he will be here next Monday. That makes me nervouse.

Thanks!

I know you must be nervous! Good luck to him on his second interview. :) :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.