soontobewife

HIV test for medical exam

88 posts in this topic

Yes, to be honest I am very paranoid because as what i've read in every case being positive to that is the most serious case to be denied. And of course I want to be with my fiance. Where did you had your test and how much was it?

It was my health card that shouldered the bill and I forgot the name of the clinic but it was in Manila. Anyway, here's a good link as it lists all the DOH accredited centers including the major hospitals in Manila. (I've posted this earlier.)

If I were you, I wouldn't be paranoid. Had drug/STD/HIV tests several times before. :)

http://www.teenfad.ph/needhelp.php?id=3

Thank you. I will check all the sites that everyone gave me here. I actually dont feel sick its been a year and so since i had that unprotected with ex bf's and fiance is always protected but I think its my anxiety that is making me sick.:( Thank you so much!

Why worry about something it isn't there yet?take a deep breathe,and you'll be fine....

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

JoseRizal: You are right, i failed to notice that. :) She is however worried about "being denied" IF she has HIV.

soontobewife: Denial of visa and the possibility of having HIV should both be considered. But the latter is more grave than the former.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: Timeline
JoseRizal: You are right, i failed to notice that. :) She is however worried about "being denied" IF she has HIV.

soontobewife: Denial of visa and the possibility of having HIV should both be considered. But the latter is more grave than the former.

Yes I want to be with my fiance that's why I am more concerned of the results. Being sick with it maybe is a lifetime but there are a lot of medicines for it now adays. And with correct knowledge and protection you cannot transmit it.

Yes I want to be with my fiance that's why I am more concerned of the results. Being sick with it maybe is a lifetime but there are a lot of medicines for it now adays. And with correct knowledge and protection you cannot transmit it.

They are not cheap.

Yes, to be honest I am very paranoid because as what i've read in every case being positive to that is the most serious case to be denied. And of course I want to be with my fiance. Where did you had your test and how much was it?

It was my health card that shouldered the bill and I forgot the name of the clinic but it was in Manila. Anyway, here's a good link as it lists all the DOH accredited centers including the major hospitals in Manila. (I've posted this earlier.)

If I were you, I wouldn't be paranoid. Had drug/STD/HIV tests several times before. :)

http://www.teenfad.ph/needhelp.php?id=3

Thank you. I will check all the sites that everyone gave me here. I actually dont feel sick its been a year and so since i had that unprotected with ex bf's and fiance is always protected but I think its my anxiety that is making me sick.:( Thank you so much!

Why worry about something it isn't there yet?take a deep breathe,and you'll be fine....

Thank you I am trying to relax now. All the news that I have watched and read is making me really anxious. I want to get over with this anxiety as soon as i can.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its not my intention to be cold :). I strongly suggest, get the test done first before you worry about it. There might not be any reason to be paranoid (unfounded or not).

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

If you are positive with HIV, go back and start counting for 6 months after the intercourse. if you are having some unusual symptoms of getting sick, then you have to go immediately to a medical doctor.

HIV can be confirmed positive 6 months after you made the V position. HIV test cost Php 500 in a clinic with reputation.

and, why worry if you know you don't have it.

cheers!

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I hope you do realize that there are other means of contracting it. And that applies also to the rest of us.

If you are positive with HIV, go back and start counting for 6 months after the intercourse. if you are having some unusual symptoms of getting sick, then you have to go immediately to a medical doctor.

HIV can be confirmed positive 6 months after you made the V position. HIV test cost Php 500 in a clinic with reputation.

and, why worry if you know you don't have it.

cheers!

Thanks I am glad that it's not so expensive. Im planning to have one soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there!!! i agree with your decision, have the courage to take the test and it will help you to be appeased once and for all.. i can relate to how you feel, i was once like you, bug myself from nothing..done my HIV test at Capitol Medical Center for P540 only and get result after a day or two depends on the number of clients..Don't distress your self you are fine God bless!

hi there!!! i agree with your decision, have the courage to take the test and it will help you to be appeased once and for all.. i can relate to how you feel, i was once like you, bug myself from nothing..done my HIV test at Capitol Medical Center for P540 only and get result after a day or two depends on the number of clients..Don't distress your self you are fine God bless!

Thank you emo. Are they strict with the confidentiality of patients?

So where's Capitol medical center?is that is commonwealth QC?

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline

So where's Capitol medical center?is that is commonwealth QC?

Quezon City-along Quezon Avenue-Pantranco. Here is the link for further view of the location..

www.capitolmedical.org/map.htm

www.capitolmedical.org/contact.htm

Timeline

Thank you emo. Are they strict with the confidentiality of patients?

For sure as hospitals have their SOP's ..and for me I may say Capitol is one of the best hospitals at Manila :) . Don't delay have it now :thumbs:

why asked here? go get your phone start calling doctors or laboratory clinic like in Cebu City we have Hi-Precission Clinic thats do HIV test and everything...then you don't have to go in this forum and asked from people here. I myself is paranoid too so scare of any diseases, I don't even go to the restaurant without using my own spoon/fork.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.