09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bump - anyone hear from Ontheedge?

nope, guess she is still in JA...hopefully celebrating :) :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

I think she comes back tomorrow

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Sending best wishes to Ontheedge for today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies!!! It's finally done. Ontheedge is overtheedge now!

It feels so surreal!

Here's my experience:

I flew to mbj on Saturday, visited with his parents and my grandmother and my uncles in St. Elizabeth and then we drove up to Kingston on Sunday afternoon. We stayed at Christar Villas and planned to walk to the embassy, but it looked like a hike, so G drove up and parked at a makeshift lot right across the street. You pay $300 Jamaican and your car is pretty much safe. We got there at 7 a.m. There were two lines in opposite directions, both lines fed into the embassy entrance. After standing in the longer line for a few minutes, we realized this was the line for visitor visas and that the the opposite line was for family-based visa appointments. Don't listen to the chicks in the yellow shirts. The guys in the black shirts know more of what's going on. The women were telling us it was based only on appointment time.

We went through security and went on another line and handed one of the officers our appointment letter and went into the waiting area. We got into the waiting area at about 8 am for our 9 am appointment time. (G strongly believed that it was first-come first-served.) We ended up waiting until around 10:30 a.m. to get called to the first window. The lady verified the info and told us we'd be called back up again.

This long wait allowed us to hear some of the questions other couples and family visa applicants were being asked. The young blond woman with the attitude was there living up to her reputation. She asked people some pretty rude and intrusive questions. "Have you ever been arrested?" "Are you sure about that," "Do you plan on being in trouble with the law?" She turned down one man who couldn't remember the names of his step kids and told him to bring his wife back.

I prayed she wouldn't be our interviewer.

She also turned down a lot of people applying for fiance visas. She requested that the fiance come back with them. She also told many children to come back when DNA had been confirmed.

Many couples were asked to speak into a phone separately. One interracial couple brought their gorgeous baby with them. This still didn't seem to be enough proof of their commitment to each other for the blond B. She asked them many questions separately for at least 20 minutes. They had a huge wedding album and a screaming baby. They finally got approved.

**Please know that they are watching you before you even go up for the interview. The waiting area has a camera. They've probably already made up their minds before you get up to the window. So if you go in there and don't interact with each other (even if its out of nervousness) they will notice.

Our second call up to the window was by another agent. My prayers had been answered. The blond woman didn't have our fate in her hands.

Our agent asked very few questions, mostly of me. "When did you get divorced?" I told her five years ago and she also asked whether I was born in Jamaica. I told her I had been. She barely asked G any questions. When did you meet? How long have you known each other? She also asked for proof of our relationship. She barely looked at the album we slipped under the window.

She had a smile on her face the whole time. We didn't get asked any questions separately. We didn't even have to lift up the phone.

She congratulated him and sent him to the DHL desk.

He'll pick it up in Mobay in two weeks.

I was expecting them to ask for the second copy of the Police certificate but they didn't.

When do we get our originals back???

I think the experience varies based on which agent gets your case. It might not have been so easy if the blond woman had been our agent.

Good luck to everyone waiting for the interview.

Advice: Have a positive attitude and try not to show nervousness.

-K

Timeline

It feels so surreal!

Here's my experience:

I flew to mbj on Saturday, visited with his parents and my grandmother and my uncles in St. Elizabeth and then we drove up to Kingston on Sunday afternoon. We stayed at Christar Villas and planned to walk to the embassy, but it looked like a hike, so G drove up and parked at a makeshift lot right across the street. You pay $300 Jamaican and your car is pretty much safe. We got there at 7 a.m. There were two lines in opposite directions, both lines fed into the embassy entrance. After standing in the longer line for a few minutes, we realized this was the line for visitor visas and that the the opposite line was for family-based visa appointments. Don't listen to the chicks in the yellow shirts. The guys in the black shirts know more of what's going on. The women were telling us it was based only on appointment time.

We went through security and went on another line and handed one of the officers our appointment letter and went into the waiting area. We got into the waiting area at about 8 am for our 9 am appointment time. (G strongly believed that it was first-come first-served.) We ended up waiting until around 10:30 a.m. to get called to the first window. The lady verified the info and told us we'd be called back up again.

This long wait allowed us to hear some of the questions other couples and family visa applicants were being asked. The young blond woman with the attitude was there living up to her reputation. She asked people some pretty rude and intrusive questions. "Have you ever been arrested?" "Are you sure about that," "Do you plan on being in trouble with the law?" She turned down one man who couldn't remember the names of his step kids and told him to bring his wife back.

She also turned down a lot of people applying for fiance visas. She requested that the fiance come back with them. She also told many children to come back when DNA had been confirmed.

Many couples were asked to speak into a phone separately. One interracial couple brought their gorgeous baby with them. This still didn't seem to be enough proof of their commitment to each other for the blond B. She asked them many questions separately for at least 20 minutes. They had a huge wedding album and a screaming baby. They finally got approved.

**Please know that they are watching you before you even go up for the interview. The waiting area has a camera. They've probably already made up their minds before you get up to the window. So if you go in there and don't interact with each other (even if its out of nervousness) they will notice.

Our second call up to the window was by another agent. My prayers had been answered. The blond woman didn't have our fate in her hands.

Our agent asked very few questions, mostly of me. "When did you get divorced?" I told her five years ago and she also asked whether I was born in Jamaica. I told her I had been. She barely asked G any questions. When did you meet? How long have you known each other? She also asked for proof of our relationship. She barely looked at the album we slipped under the window.

She had a smile on her face the whole time. We didn't get asked any questions separately. We didn't even have to lift up the phone.

I was expecting them to ask for the second copy of the Police certificate but they didn't.

I think the experience varies based on which agent gets your case. It might not have been so easy if the blond woman had been our agent.

-K

***Also, The drama with the medical ended well. He picked it up on the 9th. and brought Mrs. Armstrong a box full of fruits and vegetables from the country as a thank you.

Filed: Timeline

It feels so surreal!

Here's my experience:

-K

CONGRATS! Yeah, I knew they were watching us also. We we're playing tic-tac-toe most of the time and one of the supervisors told me to let him win sometimes. I'm so happy for you.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

so guys..... I got my interview letter from NVC and it didnt contain the medical history form (so whats that link again??) and I just wanted to make sure that everyone else's interview letter was just like on a peice of printer paper with the barcode?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

so guys..... I got my interview letter from NVC and it didnt contain the medical history form (so whats that link again??) and I just wanted to make sure that everyone else's interview letter was just like on a peice of printer paper with the barcode?

seet deh...

Info on Medical can be located here: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/KNG-ME...L-0001-0707.pdf

MoBay Hope Medical -- Montego Bay 876.953.3981 ($95.00 US)

Andrews Memorial -- Kingston 876.926.7401-3 ($80.00 US)

Dr. Banbury -- Kingston 876.908.2123 ($80.00 US)

YOU MUST bring the following to your medical: 4 Passport Photos, Completed Medical History Form, Passport, Any Immunization Records Showing Prior Vaccinations and Your Appointment Letter (from the Embassy - "Packet #4")

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

It feels so surreal!

Here's my experience:

-K

CONGRATS!!!! but...that makes me really really nervous. what could she ask them for 20 minutes???

ontheedge- did they say it would take two weeks?? to pick it up?

Thanks Tre :)

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Shrew,

What did I tell you about that. Look how far you've come to start worry now...don't do that to yourself. I may have been a the window longer than 20 minutes, who knows. All I know it that they asked me about 25 questions and my husband was asked 1...I was drilled, but I politely (kind of) answered them. All the CO are different. I think I remember the blond lady. If it's the one with the short blond hair she's a real *#(&$(*. So, cut that out and go deal with the medical stuff.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Exactly, Shrewdie - you know your relationship is true - you know what you have fought through to get there - hold your head high and realize that nothing they throw at you now can break that!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Shrew,

What did I tell you about that. Look how far you've come to start worry now...don't do that to yourself. I may have been a the window longer than 20 minutes, who knows. All I know it that they asked me about 25 questions and my husband was asked 1...I was drilled, but I politely (kind of) answered them. All the CO are different. I think I remember the blond lady. If it's the one with the short blond hair she's a real *#(&$(*. So, cut that out and go deal with the medical stuff.

hahahhahaha. Thanks Tre.. Its just that we have both been thru so much with this process that its like we re too afraid to get excited! I will work on it :)

Exactly, Shrewdie - you know your relationship is true - you know what you have fought through to get there - hold your head high and realize that nothing they throw at you now can break that!

thanks Sus. I guess I am more worried about him than me. He gets so nervous!! Even at counseling before we got married he was so nervous just answering the pastor's questions! Its nuts!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Shrew,

hahahhahaha. Thanks Tre.. Its just that we have both been thru so much with this process that its like we re too afraid to get excited! I will work on it :)

TRY!...Marcel is different than most men I've come across. He's always positive about things and he believes in positive energy. He was worried about one thing. It really help us get through this process. Shrew trust me, when you walk in there, you're going to be like, what was all the FUSS about...go KNOCK dem out...that was my husband's attidue.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.