Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Well a taught of mine probably some of us were married before probably not , It could be our Immigration history of filing for someone or not. but something along that line. Might not be you directly but family member relatives you know but this is just a taught for me i once filed for my ex wife and had it cancelled. Was giving her a break but that was a bad idea. Too much problems lol.

ya, the only "flag" we have is my husband falls into the 18-30 muslim male collumn.

Niether one of us was married before, I have never filed a petition for anyone else. nothing.

My brother did have an AOS case open that never was completed for his ex wife...she went home to England

hmm, interesting thought. Im gonna call and yell at him, tell him its his fault :lol:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Well a taught of mine probably some of us were married before probably not , It could be our Immigration history of filing for someone or not. but something along that line. Might not be you directly but family member relatives you know but this is just a taught for me i once filed for my ex wife and had it cancelled. Was giving her a break but that was a bad idea. Too much problems lol.

I am not saying this is impossible or that some people don't get AP'd for any of the reasons stated above.

But my fiance and I, we're not one of those people. There is NO immigration history. Nowhere in our family. Not even our friends. He's not filed for anyone before me. We've never been married. Never had a name change. No kids. No records of any sort (well, okay, I have to admit we both have medical and dental ones). We're not 20 or 50 years apart - we're pretty much the same age. I come from a country that's not even remotely fraudulent when it comes to visas. I've not attempted to commit a visa fraud either. My only 'interesting' history consists four failed attempts to get a B2. Which anyone and their brother could have. I wasn't denied because I was a terrorist, criminal or anything of the sort. It was a simple 212(B) or whatever else lack of ties to one's native country is.

So I just have to believe it's random, when it comes to insanely boring people such as the two of us. Unless one is to start believing in conspiracy theories and, subsequently, turning into a paranoid.. android.

DHL seems to be dead and it's making me nervous.

Two more days until I call them again.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

I am not saying this is impossible or that some people don't get AP'd for any of the reasons stated above.

But my fiance and I, we're not one of those people. There is NO immigration history. Nowhere in our family. Not even our friends. He's not filed for anyone before me. We've never been married. Never had a name change. No kids. No records of any sort (well, okay, I have to admit we both have medical and dental ones). We're not 20 or 50 years apart - we're pretty much the same age. I come from a country that's not even remotely fraudulent when it comes to visas. I've not attempted to commit a visa fraud either. My only 'interesting' history consists four failed attempts to get a B2. Which anyone and their brother could have. I wasn't denied because I was a terrorist, criminal or anything of the sort. It was a simple 212(B) or whatever else lack of ties to one's native country is.

So I just have to believe it's random, when it comes to insanely boring people such as the two of us. Unless one is to start believing in conspiracy theories and, subsequently, turning into a paranoid.. android.

DHL seems to be dead and it's making me nervous.

Two more days until I call them again.

which browser are you using? I found that sometimes it would not load the searches in firefox so I started checking on IE, then a few days later IE played up so I went back to firefox - think its their website:(

Edited by Talyss

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hey its not a serious taught but just a taught

why not? we have the time to speculate right? lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Sorry, your request could not be filled.

There are a number of possible reasons why we could not get the page you requested in time. Please retry your request.

If you wish, you can now go to the DHL Home Page and continue browsing our web site. However, if you keep being returned to this page, please feel free to contact us and we will try to find a solution for you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused.

That's my today's result, for basically any and all searches. I use both IE and FF because I've already noticed that either work just on and off, at random.

Sorry, your request could not be filled.

There are a number of possible reasons why we could not get the page you requested in time. Please retry your request.

If you wish, you can now go to the DHL Home Page and continue browsing our web site. However, if you keep being returned to this page, please feel free to contact us and we will try to find a solution for you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused.

That's my today's result, for basically any and all searches. I use both IE and FF because I've already noticed that either work just on and off, at random.

bah :( sounds like they are having problems their end

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

The search website is still mostly broken. I didn't call them today, but instead my fiance decided to send an email. Now we're waiting. Probably for nothing in particular, or just not any good news.

There's basically nothing interesting or smart I can say. I guess I'm just killing a tiny bit of time.

Edited by Badgerella

The search website is still mostly broken. I didn't call them today, but instead my fiance decided to send an email. Now we're waiting. Probably for nothing in particular, or just not any good news.

There's basically nothing interesting or smart I can say. I guess I'm just killing a tiny bit of time.

the awful nothingness of not knowing!

well I hope that your case is wriggling throught it all badgerella and Mr Badgerella

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

It's going for me..DHL...

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I don't want to be a pain in the rear but I have looked and looked on these forums and I have come to a dead end. We are in the same boat as all of you and when I call the NVC all they tell me is that the visa is in admin. processing. What the hell is admin processing? Are they only entering the visa doc. info into the data base or is there more back ground checking that the NVC does that the CSC does not do. I have also informed NVC that on Dec 30th I received a letter from them that says basically this letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place. And now it is almost 4 weeks to the day of this letter. Can anyone tell me what NVC does with the visas? My next move will be to contact my congressman's office. And what is up with a woman named Cathlene at the NVC oh my god this woman needs some prozac or needs time out in the corner she is a pretty rude person LMAO.

Jul 19, 2008 - Sent K-1 and K-2 petition to USCIS / CSC

Jul 24, 2008 - Received NOA1 I-797C

Dec 17, 2008 - Received NOA2 "APPROVED" Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 2008 - NVC Received packet

Feb 9, 2009 - Left NVC "AP hell" Its about damn time! I must say this is money well spent LMAO

March 19, 2009 Interview in Kiev : )

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I don't want to be a pain in the rear but I have looked and looked on these forums and I have come to a dead end. We are in the same boat as all of you and when I call the NVC all they tell me is that the visa is in admin. processing. What the hell is admin processing? Are they only entering the visa doc. info into the data base or is there more back ground checking that the NVC does that the CSC does not do. I have also informed NVC that on Dec 30th I received a letter from them that says basically this letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa issuing post where your visa interview will take place. And now it is almost 4 weeks to the day of this letter. Can anyone tell me what NVC does with the visas? My next move will be to contact my congressman's office. And what is up with a woman named Cathlene at the NVC oh my god this woman needs some prozac or needs time out in the corner she is a pretty rude person LMAO.

AP is probably just more security checks, the average time people get out is about 6 or 7 weeks... the nickname is the blackhole, speaks for itself...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Hi everyone,

They told us that too, for 7 weeks plus. It's some sort of checks they run, and while I knew that on some level they can run checks at any point, I was suprised to find that lately K1's are undergoing this as well. Most seem to whizz through there in a couple of days, but now and then it seems some are set aside.

We had two letters from them ..on the 24th and 26th November saying it would be sent within a week, and it was really already in AP from the 21st. No one we spoke to, and I think we talked to quite a few, could ever say why that had happened.

All you can really do is wait it out..we tried the various avenues open, but in the end they eventually finished up with the case and sent it on.

Hang in there... (F)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Update:

6 weeks, 1 day.

Called NVC.

This agent, finally, heard RIGHT (or understood?) that I was the beneficiary, and therefore she had me verify MY phone number, instead of my fiance's.

Today we're undergoing some ADDITIONAL processing. (Hey - new information!! :rolleyes:)

Timeframe is unknown, but the agent said it should be done soon. (O...kay. *nod*)

I asked her to clarify the mention of Washington in some of the previous conversations with some other agent, that made no sense to me. She pretty much said there was no Washington and that I must have misunderstood.

We will, of course, be notified when our case gets forwarded to the Embassy.

Of course there is no timeframe. But it should be done soon.

Now we know we're still - nowhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.