Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Ehhhhhh.

So today you can't get them on the phone AT ALL. All operators are busy, please come back later. They don't even offer the option where I sit and wait and watch my Skype credit go byebye.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

We were never able to get through until later at night. Like after 930.

Annoying to have to wait all day, but in the end we usually got pretty much straight through later in the evening. Less wear and tear too...my sweetie hates the hold thing with a passion.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I would have waited until later tonight, but because of my work schedule I just can't afford staying up too long this week.

Either way, I just got done talking to a female operator, far from professional, at least in terms of having even the slightest idea of what she is supposed to say and, above all, of how she is supposed to address me. She called me a sir, then realized right away that I was, in fact female, then apologized, called me a ma'am, but then went on and on and on with her sir.. ring. Oh well.

####### aside, she went to talk to her supervisor when she opened the case (heard her typing, then she excused herself). I would assume she wasn't sure what she was supposed to say about this. "You're under a process that we call Administrative Processing.", she said when she came back. I asked what it meant, she said - nothing at all, not a word. Our case is being reviewed, quite possibly in Washington (it was pretty hard to understand her un-professional way of conducting the conversation), as part of the standard AP procedure. Timeframe does not exist (I asked). They'll forward the case to the Embassy as soon as it's cleared and ready to go. (Oh really?)

I also asked about expiration dates and she said that it's impossible for anything to expire as long as it's in USCIS, NVC or an USEM hands. At least the latter is, uh, some sort of a comfort?

They received our papers on the 18th of December. We've had the letter, hard copy, since the 23rd. So... it's been a while.

And counting. =/

I forgot to add - she also said that so many people these days were undergoing the same procedure. More than they usually do.

Edited by Badgerella

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

WELLGOOD NEWS FOLKS I WENT AHED BEFOR I KNEW I WAS IN ADMINSTRATIVE PROCESSING AND I SEND THE ds3032 BY EMAIL. i GOT AND EMAIL TODAY SAING WHAT EVERY DOCUMENT THAT WAS SENT BEFORE TIME WAS NOT REVIEWED AND. THAT MY CASE IS NOW ELIGIBLE FOR FORTHE PROCESSING AND THAT THE BENNIFICENARY AND PETITIONER AND/OF LAWYER WILL BE CONTACTED SHORTLY. SO IT LOOKS LIKE I AM OUT OF ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING . THAK YOU LORD 6 WEEKS BUT STIL THANK YOU LORD.

event.png

Re married.- 08/14/2009

Re filed I130 08/25/2010

NOA 1. 08/26/2010

I think for us the not knowing what they are doing or how long it will take was the worst. Even if you get through to someone they can't, or won't, tell you anything of any use.

When we first arrived at NVC, and after a week of being told 'it's fine...no nothing amiss, we just haven't sent it on' we asked for a supervisor and asked the direct are-we-under-AP question.

Yes as it happens we were. No she couldn't tell us why we had been sent two letters saying it would be sent on in a week. No..couldn't say why the other people didn't see the AP flag. Usually takes 2-4 weeks....uh huh. We will send you something in the post....which never did arrive...

After that time frame passed they changed the story to the indefinite length of time answer to the 'how long' question.

If they are all looking at the same set of details on the screen...why can't you get one straight answer to your questions. Why? How long?

We are out of AP...but I still want to know what they heck they are up to there. If other petitions can sail through in a couple of days, why were we there for 50?

Is it some new process, are they at random subjecting the odd one here and there to added scrutiny? I'd like to see the entire process be a great deal more transparent at every level...from the time you send it in until the end.

WELLGOOD NEWS FOLKS I WENT AHED BEFOR I KNEW I WAS IN ADMINSTRATIVE PROCESSING AND I SEND THE ds3032 BY EMAIL. i GOT AND EMAIL TODAY SAING WHAT EVERY DOCUMENT THAT WAS SENT BEFORE TIME WAS NOT REVIEWED AND. THAT MY CASE IS NOW ELIGIBLE FOR FORTHE PROCESSING AND THAT THE BENNIFICENARY AND PETITIONER AND/OF LAWYER WILL BE CONTACTED SHORTLY. SO IT LOOKS LIKE I AM OUT OF ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING . THAK YOU LORD 6 WEEKS BUT STIL THANK YOU LORD.

Did it look like this?

Good Day,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

This petition is now eligible for further processing. The petitioner,

beneficiary, and/or attorney of record will receive further instructions

regarding the processing of this petition.

Regards,

S9S

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

SI International, Support Contractor

I am afraid that is a canned reply. Some of us here got one of those...and were still in AP a couple of weeks later. :(

Timeline

I think you should e-mail and inquiry using the standard form and what ever the operators can't tell you on the phone the admin department will in the email. my email was very throw. I got info i never had before try it. i found it very informative

event.png

Re married.- 08/14/2009

Re filed I130 08/25/2010

NOA 1. 08/26/2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am going to go and try again...before it would say nothing found.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Wow. i just don't know what to say. Well i guess i will have to keep calling to find out what really up. what i call tonight to hear what the operator has to say and i will mentioned the email to her he response

event.png

Re married.- 08/14/2009

Re filed I130 08/25/2010

NOA 1. 08/26/2010

Make sure that both boxes on the right...where the year fields are say 2009. Every time I open that page the top one says 2008....

If they told you it left NVC on the 6th, I would try the 7th as a start date under reference and the 8th for the shipment pickup date range ...

Searching that brought up this number > 9112040291 that went to Jamaica and has been delivered...

Timeline

cdneh

I tried it again and got it to work...THANKS!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did it look like this?

Good Day,

Regards,

S9S

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

I am afraid that is a canned reply. Some of us here got one of those...and were still in AP a couple of weeks later. :(

You took the words out of my mouth cdneh.... he is referring to the same email I recd which didnt mean squat!!! Not to disappoint you W H C, but I got my hopes up too when i got that email but I was still in AP.... 6 weeks and 3 days to be excat... I would just call and find out for sure. I wouldnt depend on that email alone. :thumbs:

cdneh

I tried it again and got it to work...THANKS!

No worries! It's a fiddly wee thing, and picky as can be. Glad you got it to go! :thumbs:

Did it look like this?

Good Day,

Regards,

S9S

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

You took the words out of my mouth cdneh.... he is referring to the same email I recd which didnt mean squat!!! Not to disappoint you W H C, but I got my hopes up too when i got that email but I was still in AP.... 6 weeks and 3 days to be excat... I would just call and find out for sure. I wouldnt depend on that email alone. :thumbs:

I was thinking of you when I wrote that :yes:

Timeline

Make sure that both boxes on the right...where the year fields are say 2009. Every time I open that page the top one says 2008....

If they told you it left NVC on the 6th, I would try the 7th as a start date under reference and the 8th for the shipment pickup date range ...

Searching that brought up this number > 9112040291 that went to Jamaica and has been delivered...

Okay why didn't i find that one...I did find one that went out today!

Hope our paperwork was in the package that you found! LOL!

Thanks for your help.

Edited by dillon

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.