Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I talked to someone from my congressman's office this week. She seemed really knowledgable about the visa process. She was advised to call back next week and expected an approval by that time. We'll see. I was somewhat encouraged. She said my case was probably flagged automatically because I am a federal employee. For whatever reason, she said government employees usually take a little longer for processing. Has anyone else hear heard anything like this?

It does seem like most of the recent posters in this forum have made it out. Could this mean that the NVC is catching up with their backlog? ScottThuy, I hope you and I both make it out this week. Remember, Monday is a federal holiday.

Yes I believe this, I think this is why our CR1 case took so long to be approved with USCIS and why our K3 was put into AP with NVC. I also think any profession that works closely "WITH" and not "FOR" are also tagged for AP. All boils down to Homeland Security.

Your congressmans office sounds encouraging, and I bet you will be out of AP next week. Best wishes on your journey.

I'm a WITH.... The congressional liason was kinda confused at why they would take so long since everything is computerized now and the FBI folks are supposed to be working so much faster. Its just a matter of entering your FBI# into the system and print the report if needed... I guess if one has dealt with the governemnt for many years that the data could be extensive but there should lso be a grading system in place similar to a credit score... no bad entries over a long period of time = high score... 1 recent bad entry score drops take a closer look.... What we've gone through with them to get clearances for work should help not hurt.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
I talked to someone from my congressman's office this week. She seemed really knowledgable about the visa process. She was advised to call back next week and expected an approval by that time. We'll see. I was somewhat encouraged. She said my case was probably flagged automatically because I am a federal employee. For whatever reason, she said government employees usually take a little longer for processing. Has anyone else hear heard anything like this?

It does seem like most of the recent posters in this forum have made it out. Could this mean that the NVC is catching up with their backlog? ScottThuy, I hope you and I both make it out this week. Remember, Monday is a federal holiday.

Quick question, Steve S, perhaps you do not know. Do relatives of government employees take longer in AP as well? It seems that everyone else we have encountered on here with the NOA2 dated 21 September, 2009 from VSC and destined for London all left within a few days of reaching NVC... all, except for mine and my Paul's. Ours has been there since 23 September and we have been told we are in AP as well. My sister works for FPS under DHS and she used to work for CIS 4 years ago. I have very little contact with her, it has been that way since I was 17 years old. I did call her when Paul and I got engaged and her attitude was, "great, now I have to report this at work that my sister is marrying a 'foreign national'." Just a curiosity question, as there should be no other reason why our file should be held up. We were fortunate with the processing through CIS, it took just 66 days. Thank you in advance for your reply. Malena :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Quick question, Steve S, perhaps you do not know. Do relatives of government employees take longer in AP as well?

I haven't the foggiest. How these databases are maintained and searched for background checks is all a big mystery to me. It would be surprising to me if they would pick up on you sister's working for DHS.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
OMG it is a happy day. I was almost to depressed to call today but i just did and was told it was sent today. 34 days in the hole and finally i am out. One thing like many other people i e=mailed my congressman yesterday and today i am out. Do not know if it made a difference but i think it happens here to many times to always be a coincidence.. Hang in there anyone still stuck in AP

Congratulation, d&z! So happy for you. lol I think our case send out the same day. Maybe our interview date will be the same, too? :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
OMG it is a happy day. I was almost to depressed to call today but i just did and was told it was sent today. 34 days in the hole and finally i am out. One thing like many other people i e=mailed my congressman yesterday and today i am out. Do not know if it made a difference but i think it happens here to many times to always be a coincidence.. Hang in there anyone still stuck in AP

Congratulation, d&z! So happy for you. lol I think our case send out the same day. Maybe our interview date will be the same, too? :whistle:

thanks, yes i think they probably did send both our files out the same day. I think you got out of AP 1 or 2 days ahead of me but they probably only mail them 1 time a week. By chance did you track your package? I'm not sure when they mailed mine but they said they sent it electronically on the 7'th. Hope both our fiancé's do get interview's quick as possible. That would be kinda cool if they did get interview on the same day. We do not have any news yet ( like package 3 ) from embassy but she will be checking every few days. :thumbs:

Timeline

For those ­wanting to check DHL...

Here is ho­­­­­w to figure the code for a given day...

the pickup date does not matter as the reference code is specific for a certain days pickup.

today is Tuesday Oct 13...

The reference code for today is EXP 09 OCT 2009A

09 is the calendar day of the month for the preceeding busniess day (last Friday since Monday was a holiday), OCT is the month and 2009 is the year. A references a section within NVC or type of visa (I think)... there are 3 character codes A, B and C the EXP 09 OCT 2009B would be the B reference for today...

There is also a reference code of Correspondence. if you use this reference code specify a single day... if not there will be too many packages returned in the results...

The Zip code to use is 03801...

#######... a package weighing over 25 lbs went to Vietnam today... that must be more than one file because I cant see anyone having a single file weighing over 25 lbs.

I just called and I know mine isnt in it...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
For those ­wanting to check DHL...

Here is ho­­­­­w to figure the code for a given day...

the pickup date does not matter as the reference code is specific for a certain days pickup.

today is Tuesday Oct 13...

The reference code for today is EXP 09 OCT 2009A

09 is the calendar day of the month for the preceeding busniess day (last Friday since Monday was a holiday), OCT is the month and 2009 is the year. A references a section within NVC or type of visa (I think)... there are 3 character codes A, B and C the EXP 09 OCT 2009B would be the B reference for today...

There is also a reference code of Correspondence. if you use this reference code specify a single day... if not there will be too many packages returned in the results...

The Zip code to use is 03801...

#######... a package weighing over 25 lbs went to Vietnam today... that must be more than one file because I cant see anyone having a single file weighing over 25 lbs.

I just called and I know mine isnt in it...

Thanks for the info. Hang in there you will get out of AP. It is very depressing to be stuck in the hole but have faith. lots of us came before and unfortunately more will follow you but they can't hold your file forever.

Timeline
Thanks for the info. Hang in there you will get out of AP. It is very depressing to be stuck in the hole but have faith. lots of us came before and unfortunately more will follow you but they can't hold your file forever.

Thanks,

I am actually over the frustration phase of it... The part that really suxs is, that had they sent it off the same as 99% of the other files..in a few days, I would be there when she will have her interview.. now that wont be the case unless I want to spend a couple thousand bucks... and return 3 or 4 weeks later.

I expect it to get sent to the consulate in the next week or so.

Timeline

We join the rest of the ranks of you in AP hell. 20 days in the hole now and no further answers as to why. Good to see others are getting out, so there is hope for us as well. It is just depressing to see those petitions that come in after ours leaving... time is ticking and we are just sitting here. Deposits made, location scheduled, invitations printed, international friends and family have booked hotels and made flight arrangements, wedding date set for 28 January, 2010. They cannot stop us from getting married... they can just make it very difficult. It is an awful thing to plan a wedding via web-conferences with your fiance!

Let our petitions go, we pray! Set us free too!

Thank you all for not letting us feel so alone in the process as sometimes we do. Others do not understand the emotional rollercoaster of this journey. Good luck to everyone for a speedier process at the next leg of this trip. Look out to the rest of you that were released ahead of us, we are going to catch up! :dance: LOL

Malena & Paul :)

Timeline

Just got off the phone with my Congressional liason and he said they told him the exact same thing they have been telling me and others for weeks... word for word... they just did it in writing. They said I am in AP and there is no timeframe for this. He said it is usually an FBI background check and that it takes as long as it takes and there is nothing absolutly nothing that can be done to speed it up... And after it gets through there is no way to expedite to make up any lost time from waiting...

He said he has seen them take more than a year to get done when in AP and lately it is only a month or so... 3 weks today.. I expect another week or so... then 2 months more for the interview..

He did say that usually when an inquiry is made that they try to get the file off of thier desk ASAP. So even though they said AP and no time frame it may have actually helped it to get through a little faster. We will see and I will let you folks know what I hear.

Timeline
Just got off the phone with my Congressional liason and he said they told him the exact same thing they have been telling me and others for weeks... word for word... they just did it in writing. They said I am in AP and there is no timeframe for this. He said it is usually an FBI background check and that it takes as long as it takes and there is nothing absolutly nothing that can be done to speed it up... And after it gets through there is no way to expedite to make up any lost time from waiting...

He said he has seen them take more than a year to get done when in AP and lately it is only a month or so... 3 weks today.. I expect another week or so... then 2 months more for the interview..

He did say that usually when an inquiry is made that they try to get the file off of thier desk ASAP. So even though they said AP and no time frame it may have actually helped it to get through a little faster. We will see and I will let you folks know what I hear.

How do you get a hold of a congressional liason? I am prepared to write, call, email, whomever if our petition is not out of AP by the end of the month. 21 days today and this is really getting on my nerves. My name is extremely uncommon, so no false positive returns are possible. I had fingerprints done for the FBI when I was 17 and worked for a daycare center; it was required as a condition of my employment. I have nothing else... no parking tickets, no moving violations, nothing. This is so frustrating! And my father is getting sicker and our wedding date is just 105 days away... I am keeping that day regardless and we will just have to start the process over on the I-130 and K3 UGH!! Good luck to all of you. I hope we will be free of this nightmare soon. And may others not fall in the same trap. Malena :)

:angry: Well i guess we are stuck in ap with the rest of you guys......as of oct.6th......

Sorry to hear that, but I am glad you found our thread. There's a lot of info here, and always someone who can try and answer your questions. I hope you have a speedy trip through :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.