Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

I just found out this morning that our visa has been selected for AP. Our NOA2 was July 27th and on Aug 3rd we got a notice saying our case had arrived at NVC and should be forwarded to the consulate in a week. I called NVC hoping to make sure it had been sent along (because it is so expensive to call the consulate). I was really bummed to hear the news. I hope it gets out of NVC soon. It looks like from reading this thread that times vary vastly.

It does suck when they tell you that..but times are coming down. I guess they are getting the hang of it..maybe :whistle:

Where are you seeing that times are coming down? What would you say is the average stay for someone in AP?

There is a spreadsheet, which I will try and find for you, made by one of us who were at NVC.

Times on the average now seem to be in the order of 3 weeks, and sometimes less. We were there for 7 and a half weeks, and at the end of last years times were on average 50 days. A few of us went over that.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

In case I haven't before, I'm letting you guys know I arrived safely in Minneapolis last Saturday. My mother, sister and brother are also here, so it's been buuuuusy.

Congratulations Badgerella..I am glad to know you are safely here :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is a spreadsheet, which I will try and find for you, made by one of us who were at NVC.

Times on the average now seem to be in the order of 3 weeks, and sometimes less. We were there for 7 and a half weeks, and at the end of last years times were on average 50 days. A few of us went over that.

I think you are talking about the timline that is in my signiture. It is the link that says "Stuck at NVC list"

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Received notice that green card was in production 2/19/10

That's the spreadsheet...thanks for that :thumbs:

It's been updated, too. Cool stuff. Thanks, guys!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone.

Just curious how everyone found out they were on AP? Is AP for K visa's only or can CR-1 visa's also go under AP?

Thanks.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
In case I haven't before, I'm letting you guys know I arrived safely in Minneapolis last Saturday. My mother, sister and brother are also here, so it's been buuuuusy.

So you got packet 3 and 4 at the same time?

Add me to the AP waiting list at NVC!!! #######!!!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Add me to the AP waiting list at NVC!!! #######!!!!!!!!

Meh..sorry to hear that :unsure:

Good morning everyone.

Just curious how everyone found out they were on AP? Is AP for K visa's only or can CR-1 visa's also go under AP?

Thanks.

We found out because we rang, as the Auckland consulate had not received the E file.

Any one can go into AP, K1's did not usually until the end of 2008.

Timeline

I called NVC this morning to ask how to get my file into the automated system so that I wouldn't have to call and ask to speak to a person every day. The person I spoke with said that K files are never put into the automated system because they move through NVC so quickly. Then she said we have already sent yours to the CDJ embassy as of yesterday. So, after 15 days we are out of AP and our application is on the way to Juarez. Every step has been frustrating so far but it does feel great when the process moves forward.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

I called NVC this morning to ask how to get my file into the automated system so that I wouldn't have to call and ask to speak to a person every day. The person I spoke with said that K files are never put into the automated system because they move through NVC so quickly. Then she said we have already sent yours to the CDJ embassy as of yesterday. So, after 15 days we are out of AP and our application is on the way to Juarez. Every step has been frustrating so far but it does feel great when the process moves forward.

Congratulations on making it to the next step! :)

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Good morning everyone.

Thanks.

If you call the NVC, they will tell you if you're in additional processing. I would suggest speaking to a real person there (instead of using the automated system).

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (EST)

Tel: (603 334-0700).

-------------------

--------------------

November 2011 ROC Filers

Mailed 12-03-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

Timeline

Thanks so much Ian and Lisa. I'll keep sending you guys good vibes.

Roberto y Genny

Merida y Kentucky

Married 11/14/09

Thanks so much Ian and Lisa. I'll keep sending you guys good vibes.

Any ideas on the average AP time at NVC for a K3???? Got AP 08/12/09 7 days already, wonder if will be out by Aug. 31st???

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.