Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

30 to 50 DAYS!!!!! :blink: what on Earth can they be checking?! what toothpaste i used in 1998?! :bonk: i was expecting a wait of maybe 2 weeks but a month and a half?! jeez! i know i am helpless in this, nothing i can do....i dont even think calling the congressman would help. just have to wait. the endless amount of ####### one has to go thru to get this is daunting. i would do it all again for the woman i love but had i known all this, i might have tried a different method. in case, thanks to all that posted comments, advice and news. hopefully they will have a spurt of energy and complete some soon.

lol..maybe that's it...Crest over Colgate :lol:

We were stuck at NVC the end of last year for 53 days. I was beginning to wonder if they would ever send the case on...but they did. Chin up...they will move your case forward..once they work that toothpaste issue out ;)

QUESTION: i was checking out your timeline and it appears you were able to get your packets, medical and such and move ahead even while your case was still at NVC stuck in AP! is that what happened or am i reading that wrong? how is that possible? if thats what you did, i want to do that too! at least its better than just sitting still and waiting.

I booked my medical quite a while in advance. For UK applicants, the only information you need to know is the case number provided on the "letter of lies" (as I call it) that NVC first sent out. It differs from country to country though as some require the packet 3 letter to book a medical appointment. Ask for advice with regards to the embassy you are dealing with.

There is probably little point sending in the packet 3 information until your case is confirmed to have arrived at the embassy. Without a case file to marry it up with, the information may get lost.

The best thing in my opinion to do, is find out what you need to supply to your embassy for packet 3 (again, this differs, ask in your regional forum) and prepare the forms. Keep calling NVC and once they tell you that they have sent on the package, allow between 3-7 days for this to be recieved by the embassy. Then contact the embassy and double check they have recieved it. It took a little while for me to recieve the packet 3 letter (again! Some embassy's dont send letters, they send emails - Sydney is an example) but as I had already found out what the embassy needed for packet 3 the day I recieved Packet 3, I sent off what was required of me.

Once the embassy has recieved the file and entered it on to the DB you can send in the packet 3 contents.

That said, I think you should do some investigatory work on the embassy you are dealing with to find out if the above mode of action is suitable for consulate you are dealing with.

Sorry - I realise you addressing Talyss, but I thought i'd be a nosy cow and give you my opinion anyway :D

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I missed so much!

CONGRATS ELLIE!!! :dance:

To the new detainees...sorry you got pulled and are stuck. there is a light at the end as someone else said.

Also, Ellie explained very well what you can do in prep for the release and interview.

I printed all of the DS forms and had them all filled out and sent to my husband rather early. Also, you can start gathering your proof of bonofide relationships. phone bills,emails,trips ect

Good Luck and hopefully NVC goes to the shorter release time of 30+days and not the 50-53 us vets waited.

also,

hi eveyone :waves:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I missed so much!

CONGRATS ELLIE!!! :dance:

Awwww thanks sweetie. I am apparently going to receive my visa tomorrow....but as with anything to do with this journey, I wont believe it till i see it :)

Hope together married life is treating you well Mrs :)

K1

AOS complete!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just asking...

How often did/do you guys call NVC to see if the case has been released? I want to call everyday but dont want to make them mad and hold it longer... :whistle:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

30 to 50 DAYS!!!!! :blink: what on Earth can they be checking?! what toothpaste i used in 1998?! :bonk: i was expecting a wait of maybe 2 weeks but a month and a half?! jeez! i know i am helpless in this, nothing i can do....i dont even think calling the congressman would help. just have to wait. the endless amount of ####### one has to go thru to get this is daunting. i would do it all again for the woman i love but had i known all this, i might have tried a different method. in case, thanks to all that posted comments, advice and news. hopefully they will have a spurt of energy and complete some soon.

We were stuck at NVC the end of last year for 53 days. I was beginning to wonder if they would ever send the case on...but they did. Chin up...they will move your case forward..once they work that toothpaste issue out ;)

QUESTION: i was checking out your timeline and it appears you were able to get your packets, medical and such and move ahead even while your case was still at NVC stuck in AP! is that what happened or am i reading that wrong? how is that possible? if thats what you did, i want to do that too! at least its better than just sitting still and waiting.

You are reading that right....I was able to do that.

I'd been in touch with the Auckland Consulate a few times by email, and once I had the NOA2 and the ACK number from NVC they agreed to go ahead and send me packet three. I scanned the NOA2 and send them a copy by email.

I felt a great deal better doing something, other than waiting on NVC to get it together.

Once I had all the bits of packet three done and returned to them, I worked on what I needed for the interview. By the time NVC released our file my ducks were lined up and quacking.

At the time we got stuck in NVC it was pretty unusual for a K1 to do anything other than zip right through in a day or two. I was worried beyond belief and of course ringing them to ask was of no use.

At my interivew, when they were going through the petition with me, the lady who I spoke to said .."Oh. I see you were stuck at NVC in random checks for a while" Random. 53 days on a whim?

She was looking through a stack of papers I'd never seen before, with strange symbols in check boxes. I was sooooooo tempted to ask if I could see that, but decided not to rock her boat :no:

My now husband was so annoyed at the process he filed a freedom of information act request. If they ever get back to us, and it can take a year or more, we will know just how random this was.

So...it's worth a try. Depending on which Embassy you are going through they may be willing to go ahead and send it out early, so that you can get the medical and anything else done ahead of time. An email explaining your circumstances that gives them the case number may help too. And when NVC releases your case you will be that much further ahead and can go ahead and get an interview date. In my case not a lot of people go through Auckland and I was able to get an appointment fairly quickly.

Give it a shot, all they can do is say no.

I was quite amazed to see how long this thread has grown, and that more and more people are getting stuck there all the time. We may have been among the first to fall into the black hole of this new proceedure, but it seems we are far from the last. :(

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Just asking...

How often did/do you guys call NVC to see if the case has been released? I want to call everyday but dont want to make them mad and hold it longer... :whistle:

I rang once a week, sometimes twice. You can ring more if you want, but as it looks like the standard time frame is between 30-50 days, that is a lot of calling. I guess I only called once a week because there are only so many times I can stand to hear "yes mam, that petition is still in additional processing"

Sorry - quick edit

I also wanted to make sure I didn't get so hung up on the NVC additional processing stage, that I failed to get on with preparing packet 3. There is so much information to gather for the interview and packet 3 and getting hung up on the processing would have meant I would have been very demotivated to get on with filling out the forms for what was to come.

Edited by Ellie-and-David

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Just asking...

After 40 days we rang every day.

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

I booked my medical quite a while in advance. For UK applicants, the only information you need to know is the case number provided on the "letter of lies" (as I call it) that NVC first sent out. It differs from country to country though as some require the packet 3 letter to book a medical appointment. Ask for advice with regards to the embassy you are dealing with.

There is probably little point sending in the packet 3 information until your case is confirmed to have arrived at the embassy. Without a case file to marry it up with, the information may get lost.

The best thing in my opinion to do, is find out what you need to supply to your embassy for packet 3 (again, this differs, ask in your regional forum) and prepare the forms. Keep calling NVC and once they tell you that they have sent on the package, allow between 3-7 days for this to be recieved by the embassy. Then contact the embassy and double check they have recieved it. It took a little while for me to recieve the packet 3 letter (again! Some embassy's dont send letters, they send emails - Sydney is an example) but as I had already found out what the embassy needed for packet 3 the day I recieved Packet 3, I sent off what was required of me.

Once the embassy has recieved the file and entered it on to the DB you can send in the packet 3 contents.

That said, I think you should do some investigatory work on the embassy you are dealing with to find out if the above mode of action is suitable for consulate you are dealing with.

Sorry - I realise you addressing Talyss, but I thought i'd be a nosy cow and give you my opinion anyway :D

Thanks. i'll take any help i can get- i will do some investigating. thanks again!

Timeline

I'd been in touch with the Auckland Consulate a few times by email, and once I had the NOA2 and the ACK number from NVC they agreed to go ahead and send me packet three. I scanned the NOA2 and send them a copy by email.

I felt a great deal better doing something, other than waiting on NVC to get it together.

Once I had all the bits of packet three done and returned to them, I worked on what I needed for the interview. By the time NVC released our file my ducks were lined up and quacking.

At the time we got stuck in NVC it was pretty unusual for a K1 to do anything other than zip right through in a day or two. I was worried beyond belief and of course ringing them to ask was of no use.

At my interivew, when they were going through the petition with me, the lady who I spoke to said .."Oh. I see you were stuck at NVC in random checks for a while" Random. 53 days on a whim?

She was looking through a stack of papers I'd never seen before, with strange symbols in check boxes. I was sooooooo tempted to ask if I could see that, but decided not to rock her boat :no:

My now husband was so annoyed at the process he filed a freedom of information act request. If they ever get back to us, and it can take a year or more, we will know just how random this was.

So...it's worth a try. Depending on which Embassy you are going through they may be willing to go ahead and send it out early, so that you can get the medical and anything else done ahead of time. An email explaining your circumstances that gives them the case number may help too. And when NVC releases your case you will be that much further ahead and can go ahead and get an interview date. In my case not a lot of people go through Auckland and I was able to get an appointment fairly quickly.

I was quite amazed to see how long this thread has grown, and that more and more people are getting stuck there all the time. We may have been among the first to fall into the black hole of this new proceedure, but it seems we are far from the last. :(

Thanks so much!! i cant wait to get started on this...feels better than waiting even if i hit a brick wall, hoping i wont though. Thanks

Timeline

by the way- we have had EVERYTHING ready for all the packets since we filed. we are ready for the interview, all the forms are ready [ unless they added something new ] just waiting on NVC to get off their duff.

Thanks so much!! i cant wait to get started on this...feels better than waiting even if i hit a brick wall, hoping i wont though. Thanks

No worries! There's nothing worse that twiddling your thumbs, I get that. I was happy to hear that my embassy had the E file long before the paper file turned up with DHL, so they had heard of us even if we were taking up space at NVC.

All the best :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I just called NVC to see if I was stuck in AP and the guy I spoke with didn't know what that was. He said it can take several weeks to be sent to the embassy and that the embassy would contact me when they have it. I have been reading that the paperwork is sent within a few days or it is stuck in AP. Would I be wrong in assuming that I was stuck in AP? Or should I wait a few days to find out. NVC got my approval june 12 (last saturday)

I just called NVC to see if I was stuck in AP and the guy I spoke with didn't know what that was. He said it can take several weeks to be sent to the embassy and that the embassy would contact me when they have it. I have been reading that the paperwork is sent within a few days or it is stuck in AP. Would I be wrong in assuming that I was stuck in AP? Or should I wait a few days to find out. NVC got my approval june 12 (last saturday)

I'd wait a bit longer. I wouldn't asume the worst just yet. Give them a call again next week to inquire if it's been sent on by then. I hope you get good news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

OK thanks.... I talked to a woman just prior to a second call to a guy. The first call she said call back at the end of the week. I only called again because I read that I must specifically ask if it was in AP. I'll call in a few days

OK thanks.... I talked to a woman just prior to a second call to a guy. The first call she said call back at the end of the week. I only called again because I read that I must specifically ask if it was in AP. I'll call in a few days

That's what we did as well, asked the specific question. We got two letters dated two days apart in November saying it would be sent on, but by early December it seemed something was going on to me.

Wishing you all the best :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.