Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Sorry to see that you guys are in AP.

As Talyss says, it appears to be random. I had my interview today (and was approved) and at no point was the additional processing even brought up.

Hang in there. Between 30 - 50 days is the average time. I know after such a long wait, that this is scant comfort, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We have all been there and out the other side. In the meantime, feel free to come here and have a moan.....it really does help when an injustice like this occurs.

Ellie

Congrats Ellie !! :dance::thumbs:

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

I see your interview is in just 4 days! Good luck to you !!!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Sorry to see that you guys are in AP.

As Talyss says, it appears to be random. I had my interview today (and was approved) and at no point was the additional processing even brought up.

Hang in there. Between 30 - 50 days is the average time. I know after such a long wait, that this is scant comfort, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We have all been there and out the other side. In the meantime, feel free to come here and have a moan.....it really does help when an injustice like this occurs.

Ellie

Congrats Ellie !! :dance::thumbs:

I just called the NVC this morning and they said I am in Additional Processing! I am so disappointed!

I just called the NVC this morning and they said I am in Additional Processing! I am so disappointed!

Sorry you got stuck to, hopefully it will not be for to long. It does feel like someone kicked you in the stomach when you discover that your case is not flying speedily through NVC to the embassy.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Question- Since Im stuck in AP at NVC do I need to wait to get my letter from my employer that I will need to send to my fiance for the interview? Is there a timeframe of how recent the letter should be like within the last 3 months? Thanks..

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks for the comments guys...sorry i havent been on here much lately- a storm knocked out my internet. i call NVC every few days just to check. getting kinda fed up with that, guess i will just go into zen state if i can- like i did with the NOA2 [ dont think about it and it will come ] course, that is hard to do. thanks for the advice - i will check out the lead.

Timeline

30 to 50 DAYS!!!!! :blink: what on Earth can they be checking?! what toothpaste i used in 1998?! :bonk: i was expecting a wait of maybe 2 weeks but a month and a half?! jeez! i know i am helpless in this, nothing i can do....i dont even think calling the congressman would help. just have to wait. the endless amount of ####### one has to go thru to get this is daunting. i would do it all again for the woman i love but had i known all this, i might have tried a different method. in case, thanks to all that posted comments, advice and news. hopefully they will have a spurt of energy and complete some soon.

Question- Since Im stuck in AP at NVC do I need to wait to get my letter from my employer that I will need to send to my fiance for the interview? Is there a timeframe of how recent the letter should be like within the last 3 months? Thanks..

My letter was dated end of Sept and my interview was mid february and it wasn't an issue, I just got Charley to scan and e-mail me his last couple of payslips just before the interview to show it was the same employer and salary.

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

My letter was dated end of Sept and my interview was mid february and it wasn't an issue, I just got Charley to scan and e-mail me his last couple of payslips just before the interview to show it was the same employer and salary.

judging from your timeline, your case was at NVC,....like 2 weeks right? i just took a quick glance.

Timeline
Hi everyone.. I believe everyone here knows alot about NVC..

we got our NOA2 yesterday (email...)got approve 49 days after noa1

my question is

will we recieve a EMAIL CONFIRMATION that NVC has recieved our case?

will the CASE STATUS ONLINE show NVC has recieved our case?

DO we need to pay anything to NVC? (if YES... what for?)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.. GOOD LUCK N GOD BLESS US ALL

Wow - Congrats on your very quick approval! No, you will not receive an email from the NVC. The petitioner will get a letter about 10 day to 2 weeks after your approval date. The letter wil show your case number and will state that within a week your case will be sent on to the foreign consulate which may or may not be true (which is why this thread exists - some cases are delayed up to about 50 days).

The case status online will not show that the NVC has received your case. That is only used by the USCIS and is often not even updated for approvals by them.

No there is no fee to the NVC.

After you get the letter from the NVC, you should call them at 603 334-0700 to ask if your case has been sent on to the foreign consulate. I hope they don't tell you that your case is having "additional processing".

Good Luck!

Okay, im joining this thread cuz our case seems to be stuck or might be stuck at NVC, I got my NOA2 June 1 and 2 days later i got a letter from NVC saying our case would be forwarded to the consulate within a week. needless to say i was happy and excited things were speeding up after all that waiting. but it seems i was premature in my joy- when i call NVC to ask about our case, im told some ####### about " additional processing" and no time limit on how long that takes. Then why send me that **$#%@&^^ing letter saying it would be done and gone within a week?! i need to know when it is done there cuz my girl is going to pick up her packets from the embassy instead of relying on the unreliable mail system there. Once i know NVC is done with it, i can let her know so she can contact the embassy there and get the packets. im trying to remain calm cuz i know its only been since i got the letter. I am thankful to have made it this far- i know some posters that are still waiting for their NOA2's and my prayers go out for them. Its just so frustrating to make it thru one obstacle [ getting the NOA2 ] to then have another waiting game obstacle jump in front of you. anyone know what the timeframe is on AP at NVC?

We meet again Longdistancelover! I didnt get my NOA2 yet but I called NVC today to see if they got my case and was told they have it but Im in "additional processing"... WTH! It's never over... Why does this happen? I read its to do background checks, is this true? I havent commited any crimes or anything, what is up with this.. Anyone with experience please explain to me.. Im freakin right now? Does this cause problems at the interview if they see they put you in NVC?

Hi mstamiz2much! congrats on making it to the next level of torture[ more waiting..mmmmm ] lol...gotta laugh to keep from going insane....all that waiting for the NOA2 and now we are waiting AGAIN at NVC! at least this should be the last long wait...hopefully things speed up at the consulate, of course that might depend on the country it s going to.

so u are at NVC but you still dont have the NOA2 in hand? thats good and bad i think. good your case has moved on to the next stage but i think u r gonna need that NOA2. i'd check on that if i were you. if its approved and u dont need it-cool. if not, dont wait to start bugging uscis for it....u might need it at the interview..........just a thought

30 to 50 DAYS!!!!! :blink: what on Earth can they be checking?! what toothpaste i used in 1998?! :bonk: i was expecting a wait of maybe 2 weeks but a month and a half?! jeez! i know i am helpless in this, nothing i can do....i dont even think calling the congressman would help. just have to wait. the endless amount of ####### one has to go thru to get this is daunting. i would do it all again for the woman i love but had i known all this, i might have tried a different method. in case, thanks to all that posted comments, advice and news. hopefully they will have a spurt of energy and complete some soon.

lol..maybe that's it...Crest over Colgate :lol:

We were stuck at NVC the end of last year for 53 days. I was beginning to wonder if they would ever send the case on...but they did. Chin up...they will move your case forward..once they work that toothpaste issue out ;)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

judging from your timeline, your case was at NVC,....like 2 weeks right? i just took a quick glance.

my case was at nvc for 41 days I was one of the luckier ones

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

longdistancelover:

I did get my NOA2 the day after I found out at NVC that they received my case- last Friday. Even got a letter on Tuesday from NVC that they received my case and it would be forwarded to the embassy within a week? Oh well, I pray our waits are not that long...

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Timeline
longdistancelover:

I did get my NOA2 the day after I found out at NVC that they received my case- last Friday. Even got a letter on Tuesday from NVC that they received my case and it would be forwarded to the embassy within a week? Oh well, I pray our waits are not that long...

guess they send everyone that Damn %$#@**^& letter! welcome to the waiting........... well they[nvc] got mine at the beginning of June so i guess i can just cool my heels til mid or end of July. this waiting really wears a person out.....

Timeline

lol..maybe that's it...Crest over Colgate :lol:

We were stuck at NVC the end of last year for 53 days. I was beginning to wonder if they would ever send the case on...but they did. Chin up...they will move your case forward..once they work that toothpaste issue out ;)

QUESTION: i was checking out your timeline and it appears you were able to get your packets, medical and such and move ahead even while your case was still at NVC stuck in AP! is that what happened or am i reading that wrong? how is that possible? if thats what you did, i want to do that too! at least its better than just sitting still and waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.