sheremae

My case is under Administrative review

10 posts in this topic

Anyone who's case is under administrative review? I guess the best thing we can do is pray and think positive all the time and ask for a miracle above.

Were you given a white slip? And what's indicated on it?

no white slip given, after i submitted the document last october 27, the guy there in window 21 he give me a pink slip to pay the visa delivery.

You shouldn't worry. Normally the CO hasn't made a final decision on your case. And since you have no white slip, it's a good indication that your documents are in order. Due to the backlog of cases, expect the CO to finish it in a few weeks. It helps though if your petitioner would call USEM IV unit at +63 (2) 301-2000 loc. 5184/5185 to follow up the case. These numbers are for US citizens though.

Edited by Jose Rizal

no white slip given, after i submitted the document last october 27, the guy there in window 21 he give me a pink slip to pay the visa delivery.

You shouldn't worry. Normally the CO hasn't made a final decision on your case. And since you have no white slip, it's a good indication that your documents are in order. Due to the backlog of cases, expect the CO to finish it in a few weeks. It helps though if your petitioner would call USEM IV unit at +63 (2) 301-2000 loc. 5184/5185 to follow up the case. These numbers are for US citizens though.

My fiance called this morning and the embassy told him ,just to WAIT it is still in AR if they need something they will call me. For everyone who has the same with my case, just have faith and pray to God with no doubts.

My fiance called this morning and the embassy told him ,just to WAIT it is still in AR if they need something they will call me. For everyone who has the same with my case, just have faith and pray to God with no doubts.

So as to manage expectations, I got my visa after two months and 10 days. But it was due to the notorious document review. If it you remove the DV portion of my review, it took them 1 month to review my case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The call reps that answer your inquiries always tell the callers that their cases are under AR. They are not allowed to say anything more than that. And, they are not in the USEM, they are staying in a call center outside the embassy. When you call, they will just enter your case number in a computer. They dont have a physical access to your case. And some of them dont really know what they are talking about. They give rehearsed responses.

In my experience, one time I called USEM hotline because I couldnt get hold of Grace and Grace would only want to talk with USC's (racist!!). The call rep told me that my case was still under AR, and the CO has not yet updated my case (that was a week after they received my document verification results). On that very same moment as I was talking to a call center rep, without my knowledge, my then fiance was calling Grace. She told him that my visa was already printed and was ready to be sent by Delbros.

Just keep yourself busy and pray! :thumbs:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

In my experience, one time I called USEM hotline because I couldnt get hold of Grace and Grace would only want to talk with USC's (racist!!). The call rep told me that my case was still under AR, and the CO has not yet updated my case (that was a week after they received my document verification results). On that very same moment as I was talking to a call center rep, without my knowledge, my then fiance was calling Grace. She told him that my visa was already printed and was ready to be sent by Delbros.

Just keep yourself busy and pray! :thumbs:

I wouldn't say racist because my wife is a Filipina but a naturalized US citizen. And she's been doing the follow-ups. It's true though that the call center reps don't have physical access to your files and would only say that your case is under AR and that you have to wait at best. Given the numerous calls that both Grace and Lorraine receive, I wouldn't blame them if they are grumpy most of the time. They are only human like you and me. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anyone who's case is under administrative review? I guess the best thing we can do is pray and think positive all the time and ask for a miracle above.

That's the spirit girl, keep on praying! There's always an end in every beginning.

Vida Taylor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

God has a good reason for this delay... Just keep praying, God Bless!

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.