Udella&Wiz

A US TD Bank ? Anyone heard of it or tried them?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If any one cares, I'm now a TD Bank North costumer. I have a branch down the street and they open until 8pm so it's convenient for me!

Plus, I just got a notice in the mail yesterday that said all TD Bank North's in my area are turning into straight up TD Banks in the next little while.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
If any one cares, I'm now a TD Bank North costumer. I have a branch down the street and they open until 8pm so it's convenient for me!

Plus, I just got a notice in the mail yesterday that said all TD Bank North's in my area are turning into straight up TD Banks in the next little while.

Of course we care! Treble you've been in NJ tooo long :lol:

BTW what will be the difference when they switch to TD? Will they be connected to TD Canada now?

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
http://www.tdbank.com/index.cfm?s=1

Just curious if anyone has given this particular bank a try? It appears to be the former Commerce banks which switched over Nov 1 of this year. I'm curious just how connected they are to TD canadatrust....they do have refernces to being owned by Toronto Dominion bank.

I am ready to switch to any bank that has the abiity to do a money order in Canadian funds or exchange cash when I have a visitor. I am sick of getting a song and dance at Wachovia - we tried to exchange money once and got some silly ####### about how they have to send away for foreign funds, takes 2-3 weeks etc etc.... ok, but uh - you're like a BANK!!!!.

RANT starts here ->

I also had to grab a money order this weekend to pay my Canadian taxes (or the balance which for some reason I now owe - yes, another story for later today) and my gawd - there is just no one (not Post Office, not my bank) who can do a money order in Canadian funds....they can only do it in US dollars....although I could have sworn they did it 6 months ago at the PO.

The guy at the PO kept saying - yes, we do INTERNATIONAL money orders...which to me meant they plugged in the amount, it did the exchange rate and I paid...but no...it's just a different form then a US money order - still calculated in US dollars and who ever receives it can cash it at their own bank (say in Canada) and their OWN bank will do the exchange from US dollars to Canadian - gee I hope the exchange rate stays relatively the same until they cash my moeny order.....

In some respects I miss Canada - I could walk into the TD (or any bank) in Kitchener Waterloo ON...buy US currency, Euro's etc on the spot....do a money order in a variety of currencies and no one blinked an eye. worst came to worst, I dropped by the exchange place in the mall. I didn't live particularly close to the border, although maybe things are a tad less straight forward in say Nunavut, dunno.

I was pi$ed at the PO and told the guy I was sick of American's narrowemindedness thinking everything is just in US dollars and why wouldn't you be able to spend them elsewhere..he could NOT understand what I was asking for, there was some kind of stumbling block - had he explained properly, at least I would have say...that's ghey, but oh well....he gave me such a load of attitude, I was ticked off - I'm not normally like that. He talked down to me as if I was some pathetic foreigner, not familiar with English...GRRRRR

That was when Don stepped in and said, look dude....I am American and I think you don't quite understand what my wife is looking for and you're being rude to her....and that was that

End of rant

Sigh - I ended up crying when I got home - because I just miss the simple everyday things you take for granted. When will I feel 'AMERICAN'???? I've been here for year already and still feel like an alien.

I'm done for now :(

yeah i have an account with them, they're pretty good :thumbs:

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i was also a commerce bank user before the changeover and have been very happy with their services. they're open 7 days a week and pretty late, too.

when they changed to td bank i was thrilled since my fiancee uses td bank at home and i thought it might be easier for him to transfer his account over (though that is yet to be seen).

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.