jase7678

K-1 application

34 posts in this topic

Yes, I read what you wrote just fine, and thanks for asking in a non insulting manner. :thumbs:

The point I was extracting from your post was that we would have to change what we do in order to 'match' what that UK does (and the feasability therein).

Its a two way street only in the sense that each country makes it as easy as possible to visit the other without a visa. Despite being very good friends, our two countries still have different laws and the way to make those laws - hence the difference.

But there's no denying that it would be VERY nice if ours was offered as 180 days instead of 90.

I hope you can read what I wrote, too. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I read it just fine as well thank you. Your second post was more to what I was asking, I laid it out very clear on the first post. 90days vs. 180days that’s what I wrote and didn’t imply anything else, it seems that people cant wait to flame you on the most simple things asked (ie 90 vs. 180).

03/27/06 Sent I-129F to TSC (Express Mail)

03/29/06 TSC received petition (forwarded to CSC)

04/05/06 NOA1 date from CSC

04/10/06 NOA1 received in mail

06/23/06 IMBRA RFE notice date

06/30/06 IMBRA RFE received and sent to CSC the same day

07/01/06 IMBRA RFE received by CSC

07/03/06 Touched

07/04/06 Touched

07/05/06 Touched

07/06/06 Touched

07/07/06 Touched

07/08/06 Touched

07/27/06 Touched

07/28/06 Touched

07/31/06 approved NOA2

08/07/06 Received at NVC

08/11/06 Left NVC

08/23/06 Packet 3 received

09/07/06 Medical

09/07/06 Packet 4 received

10/02/06 Interview @ US Embassy London!!!!!!

10/06/06 Received Visa

10/09/06 Flying home

dev319br___.png

I read it just fine as well thank you. Your second post was more to what I was asking, I laid it out very clear on the first post. 90days vs. 180days that’s what I wrote and didn’t imply anything else, it seems that people cant wait to flame you on the most simple things asked (ie 90 vs. 180).

Ok dude, although I'm not sure where or how I 'flamed' you. :unsure:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

KAA,

It's not a 2-way street, it's a set of 1-way streets. The US VWP encompasses more countries than the UK and they all get the same treatment. A 90-day stay is what the US government decided was appropriate for the program.

Don't know why the UK decided on 180 days for their program of letting US citizens visit without a visa. What does the UK allow for citizens of countries other than the USA to whom it grants visa-free entry?

Yodrak

TracyTN

Did you read what I wrote? I wanted to know what people thought of US only giving them 90days and them giving us 180days.

Its a two way street and seems like we're screwing them on our end.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.