Robina

Help on K-1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance and I have been on AP for one year as of today. We are both at wits end as to what to do. I dont see how people live like this for years. I have tried everything-contacting my representative, senator, ombudsman, embassy, DOS, immigration lawyers. This is not a real life that we are living now. Everyone says just wait and be patient. If I hear that one more time I will scream at them. :P

Is there anything else that can be done? Please if you have any advise I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Robina

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Sorry, AP/AR is relative to each case so I don't think anybody can give you any more ideas on what can be done. It has to be extremely difficult for you. :(

If it were me, I would contact every rep I could and become a thorn in the butt of the ombudsman... but that's just me. :)

I wish you luck.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My fiance and I have been on AP for one year as of today. We are both at wits end as to what to do. I dont see how people live like this for years. I have tried everything-contacting my representative, senator, ombudsman, embassy, DOS, immigration lawyers. This is not a real life that we are living now. Everyone says just wait and be patient. If I hear that one more time I will scream at them. :P

Is there anything else that can be done? Please if you have any advise I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Robina

Hi robina,

kindly follow my instructions

1st) go the this website http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.pdf

click on the form below, fill it and sent to the address which is mentioned there , 2nd ) write email to this address comments@whitehouse.gov, vice_president@whitehouse.gov

write us embassy at thier email address and in cc write above email address as well, Inshallah u will see a miracle soon

regards

xyz

Thanks,

Robina

Hi robina,

click on the form below, fill it and sent to the address which is mentioned there , 2nd ) write email to this address comments@whitehouse.gov, vice_president@whitehouse.gov

write us embassy at thier email address and in cc write above email address as well, Inshallah u will see a miracle soon

regards

xyz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks,

I will try it!

Robina,

I am not sure if the advice you are basis has any basis in success. If you have gone through all of the normal channels of going through your representatives and contacting the embassy, then the only thing you may be able to do is wait and be patient. I know it is so hard as I am in the same situation. Definitely keep calling DOS to make sure as soon as AP is finished the embassy knows and handles it. You do not want to risk the security checks expiring and then having to go through it again.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Timeline

I know chances are that nothing will work. However, it makes me feel better to be doing something and working on the case in some way. It is very hard to wait. It's hard to live so far apart from each other. I call DOS about every 4 days. It's frustrating, but I keep hoping and praying that it will finish soon.

Thanks,

I will try it!

Robina,

I am not sure if the advice you are basis has any basis in success. If you have gone through all of the normal channels of going through your representatives and contacting the embassy, then the only thing you may be able to do is wait and be patient. I know it is so hard as I am in the same situation. Definitely keep calling DOS to make sure as soon as AP is finished the embassy knows and handles it. You do not want to risk the security checks expiring and then having to go through it again.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello,

the email address you gave-comments@whitehouse.gov is not working. Can you check for me is that the correct address?

Thanks,

Robina

Thanks,

Robina

Hi robina,

regards

xyz

Thanks,

Robina

Hi robina,

regards

xyz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.