Beauty for Ashes

Links between Islam and Terrorism

216 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
My family was similar to yours, wahrania, during Thanksgiving but I have to say it was much less muslim bashing than usual now that Usama is here.

What I don't get is that even as of this morning the news (bbc, cnn, fox) had said that they did not yet identify the attackers so why on THANKSGIVING was everyone spewing that they were muslims? I mean sure maybe they were but I just had to note how unbelievable it was that the news was calling them Islamic terorrists while simultaneously stating that they did not know who they were. Kinda strange if you ask me. :wacko:

Well I admit I haven't watched those channels today...but I read on the India times website days ago that a Muslim group claimed responsibility. And that the bodies of the dead terrorists were in fact Muslims... so........................... :whistle:

Again, discussing Islam may not be applicable in your case because you are jewish married to another jewish person..

:blink:

Oh I know, she goes on and on about everything and everyone on the planet and jews are not allowed to discuss Islam?

Charles is a military veteran like me and actually probably knows people that have died as the result of militant islam. His opinion is most likely negative and he wont bring that here to the boards.

Yes chai shai. Please tell us about your positive conversations about Islam during family gatherings and events. This I gotta hear. ( I am from South Florida and I have never ever ever had one positive conversation with any one Jewish about how tolerant Islam is. Many may like muslims as a people but I havent heard a Jew yet defend the Islamic religion as a tolerant, fair and peaceful religion. This could be THAT THEY ARE TARGETING JEWS TO KILL THEM LIKE THE CHABAD THAT GOT WIPED OUT IN MOMBAI AND THE LITTLE 2 YEAR OLD WHO IS NOW AN ORPHAN BECAUSE HIS PARENTS WERE SHOT IN THE HEAD BY MUSLIM MILITANTS LOOKING FOR JEWS TO KILL) Lets get real.

You just wanna break out the popcorn and I am not letting you. BLAH :ot2:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Well this always seems to come up as a touchy subject with my family. I have some very narrow minded relatives that think that Muslims want to rule the world, that pushing pork and beer on somebody is doing someone a favor and that all Muslim men want to blow things up to have x amount of virgins in Paradise. My spouse states the same as browneyedgirl's fiancee. He states that any person in his religion that thinks it is ok to kill another is wrong especially the way that things have been going over the last so many years. One that is close to God would know it is wrong to take another's life. My husband recently started a new job at a distribution warehouse about a month ago. He shared with me that he finds a nice quiet place in the warehouse to pray. Honestly, this troubled me at first. It scared me for his safety. I tried to explain to him that I am not actually telling him not to pray but to be very careful with what he does. That some people don't see Muslims for good and that he may find himself in a situation that he doesn't want to be in. He said he found a few people at lunch asking him questions about Islam. He said well first, you tell me what your opinion is. Every person brought up the fact about terrorism and how Muslims think it is ok to kill in the name of Allah. They also thought that Allah was some kind of false God that Muslims prayed to. Not the same God that the Christians pray to as well. He said I felt like I taught those people something at work. To understand that there are good and bad all over the world. Those that have done bad in all shapes in forms can be found in any religion. That my God is a loving and caring and meriful God. Islam is supposed to be a practical and peaceful religion and some have made it appear to be evil but they are misled. He said last night that his shift was over and a man said can you help me with those boxes over there? He said I wanted to say my shift is over but then I thought, you know maybe this man may see that I'm not a bad guy and he may see me praying and I can somehow reflect what a good Muslim is to him by lending a helping hand.

I know that I rattled on about what conversation my husband had with his co-workers but it kind of gave me an idea of what runs through non-muslims minds. I once was narrow minded. I once thought that those bad muslims did something awful and that maybe their Holy book told them to do it. That they were crazy and freakish. Until one day I let it all go and realized that there are good and bad in all that you do and started to educate myself on Islam. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Aethiests, etc...rape, kill, molest, hurt all over the world. It's wrong to do this and if you do, don't claim that it is because God told you to do this. People need to learn and say those stupid arses whether they are black, white, red, Muslim, Christian, Jewish etc did that!

Mohamed also prays at both of his jobs I was worried about it also. Mohamed told me alot of his co workers asked alot of questions to him which I told him was very good now they understand Islam much better .

Edited by mohamed and melinda

:pop: oooooh wee this is getting good :pop:

it sure as heck wont be popcorn from my side. She knows perfectly well that I never said that jews werent allowed to discuss Islam. . I also have lived in Israel and lived in large jewish populations and most are very civil to muslims even kind but the reality is that Jews have been very very very badly treated in most muslim countries with the exception of Morocco and Tunisia. Every other country that is presently mena, has little or no jews left and in Algeria for example the mosques have been created out of synagogues and property confiscated and there was collusion with foreign governments. Algerians were actually killed in the holocaust because the vichy government shipped Algerian and arab jewish children to death camps.

This topic is about defending Islam to others in family events or discussing it with others..If some Jews defend Islam as a religion, its most likely the minority. Its more likely they defend the rights of muslims to practice or the civil rights of muslims. Islam and Judaism have never mixed and alot has to do with the creation of Islam and the slaughter of Jewish communities in the formation of early islam. The early sahaba were commanded to kill Jewish men and Jewish women were allowed to marry muslims but their children would have to be muslim. No one was allowed to pass on judaism to their children and still are not.If a jewish woman marries a muslim, according to his relgion they must remain jewish.

Moroccan jews are in a much more open situation . Moroccan jews never faced what other mena countries have faced except in 2003 when violence began to effect them with the bombings by Al Qaeda trained militants in casablanca and there was a huge loss of human life

back to topic... This is not about Judaism and Islam. Its about talking about Islam with family members at events or with friends..

it sure as heck wont be popcorn from my side. She knows perfectly well that I never said that jews werent allowed to discuss Islam. . I also have lived in Israel and lived in large jewish populations and most are very civil to muslims even kind but the reality is that Jews have been very very very badly treated in most muslim countries with the exception of Morocco and Tunisia. Every other country that is presently mena, has little or no jews left and in Algeria for example the mosques have been created out of synagogues and property confiscated and there was collusion with foreign governments. Algerians were actually killed in the holocaust because the vichy government shipped Algerian and arab jewish children to death camps.

This topic is about defending Islam to others in family events or discussing it with others..If some Jews defend Islam as a religion, its most likely the minority. Its more likely they defend the rights of muslims to practice or the civil rights of muslims. Islam and Judaism have never mixed and alot has to do with the creation of Islam and the slaughter of Jewish communities in the formation of early islam. The early sahaba were commanded to kill Jewish men and Jewish women were allowed to marry muslims but their children would have to be muslim. No one was allowed to pass on judaism to their children and still are not.If a jewish woman marries a muslim, according to his relgion they must remain jewish.

Moroccan jews are in a much more open situation . Moroccan jews never faced what other mena countries have faced except in 2003 when violence began to effect them with the bombings by Al Qaeda trained militants in casablanca and there was a huge loss of human life

back to topic... This is not about Judaism and Islam. Its about talking about Islam with family members at events or with friends..

excuse me must remain muslim

A funny thing happened in Tunisia. We were at dinner and there was a man and I asked him to take our picture. I said "Where are you from?" He said Israel. My husband pulled me aside and said " Thats the first jewish person I have ever met in person" I said to him did you know that there were over 50000 jewish people in your city alone before all their property was confiscated and they were thrown out of the country and their cemetaries desecrated? He had no idea about the large jewish population in his city because their presence had been ethnically cleansed.

The crimes against the jews in arab lands are heinous. Moroccan jews were spared alot of this but many other countries are complicit in the acts of horror perpetrated on their jewish population. Its horrible what happened to Jews in Algeria, Libya , Egypt and Iraq

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
My family was similar to yours, wahrania, during Thanksgiving but I have to say it was much less muslim bashing than usual now that Usama is here.

What I don't get is that even as of this morning the news (bbc, cnn, fox) had said that they did not yet identify the attackers so why on THANKSGIVING was everyone spewing that they were muslims? I mean sure maybe they were but I just had to note how unbelievable it was that the news was calling them Islamic terorrists while simultaneously stating that they did not know who they were. Kinda strange if you ask me. :wacko:

The media has big influence on how things are viewed. The media started this whole view. Why cant they just leave religion out and refer to these people for what they are; terrorist. IMO, a terrorist has no right to claim any religion. These are sick minded people who interpret things to justify their acts in their own minds and that is all there is to it.

Perfectly said

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I never knew any Jewish person ever lived in an Arab country until I was in Tunisia this past spring & yes there are many Jewish People who live in the country and Djerba. Some friends, family & coworkers dont believe it when I tell them this!

My husband took great pride in showing me not only the beautiful Mosques in his country but also the Catholic Cathedral & the Jewish Synagogues (which were heavily guarded). I was amazed by all of it, there is such beauty in religions of all kinds.

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A funny thing happened in Tunisia. We were at dinner and there was a man and I asked him to take our picture. I said "Where are you from?" He said Israel. My husband pulled me aside and said " Thats the first jewish person I have ever met in person" I said to him did you know that there were over 50000 jewish people in your city alone before all their property was confiscated and they were thrown out of the country and their cemetaries desecrated? He had no idea about the large jewish population in his city because their presence had been ethnically cleansed.

The crimes against the jews in arab lands are heinous. Moroccan jews were spared alot of this but many other countries are complicit in the acts of horror perpetrated on their jewish population. Its horrible what happened to Jews in Algeria, Libya , Egypt and Iraq

screw the popcorn where's the hookah???

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
My family has been total opposite, they told me to go live in Jordan with sofyan and not to come home until he could come with me, and that is what I did.. We now live with my dad and he has stopped eating pork out of respect for sofyan. At family gathering we use Turkey products for everything bc sofyan doesnt eat pork and my cousins husband doesnt eat beef. My aunts and uncles just flew to Patna India on saturday for the wedding of my cousin. I will say, If my family was that judgemental about my spouse, I think that would change the way I felt about my family.

wow you are so lucky. Everyone is luckier than I when it comes to family I think considering my family has disowned me, although they cannot officially say it out loud because it will upset other family members.

My family knows darn well that they can help me by getting me to canada for example where there is easir immigration laws. (supposedly) But do they bother? Nope. They would rather gloat and talk about how my marriage failed because "I could not do US immigration right but if my sister had married a foreigner, she would have had him here in a month"

Yes that is the way my family is.

I doubt I will see them after all before I leave, if and when I leave.

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

correction. a group of traitors who happened to be jewish were killed for taking part in treason that led to the deaths of many muslims, and put hundreds more in danger of being killed.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

I never knew any Jewish person ever lived in an Arab country until I was in Tunisia this past spring & yes there are many Jewish People who live in the country and Djerba. Some friends, family & coworkers dont believe it when I tell them this!

My husband took great pride in showing me not only the beautiful Mosques in his country but also the Catholic Cathedral & the Jewish Synagogues (which were heavily guarded). I was amazed by all of it, there is such beauty in religions of all kinds.

Tunisia was the only Arab country to come under direct Nazi occupation during World War II; Morocco and Algeria were governed by Vichy France. When the Nazis arrived in Tunisia in November, 1942, the nation was home to some 100,000 Jews. According to Yad Vashem, the Nazis imposed anti-Semitic policies including forcing Jews to wear Star of David badges, fines, and confiscation of property. More than 5,000 Jews were sent to forced labor camps, where 46 are known to have died, see Jews outside Europe under Nazi occupation; an additional 160 Tunisian Jews in France were sent to European death camps. Tunisia, however, was home to Khaled Abdelwahhab, the first Arab nominated for the Israeli Righteous Among the Nations award.

After independence in the 1950s, Tunisia's Jewish Community Council was abolished by the government and many Jewish areas and buildings were destroyed for "urban renewal."

By 1967, the country's Jewish population was fleeing, over 40,000 had left for Israel, leaving 20,000. During the Six-Day War, Jews were attacked in riots, and, despite government apologies, 7,000 Jews immigrated to France.

Although the synagogues are wonderful "historic places to visit" what happened to the jews in Tunisia was horrific. Dont let empty buildings fool you. There were some amazing Tunisians that saved alot of Jews but dont let empty buildings fool you . Very few jews remain there and in 2002 terrorists bombed Djerba s synagogue. I have been in Tunisia 3 times and was married there and because I know what used to be there I know what is missing. Many TUnisians cooperated with the Nazis and took the property left behind of the Jews

correction. a group of traitors who happened to be jewish were killed for taking part in treason that led to the deaths of many muslims, and put hundreds more in danger of being killed.

thats your opinion.. not the opinion of many jewish scholars. First you have to understand that Jews were here first.. that Islam is based on the Judaic faith and that the prophets were Jewish. Jews have been made to live under DHIMMI rule and actually were only afforded alot of rights during colonization. As painful as it is to accept, Jews HAVE NOT BEEN CONSISTANTLY TREATED FAIRLY UNDER ISLAM. Maybe Morocco and in some ways Tunisia.But every other mena country has seen pogroms, massacres and ethnic cleansing. Morocco remains the one country that is accepting of Jews. Tunisia has tried to be but there were alot of instances that heightened agression such as the bombing of Yasser Arafats house in Tunis in 1985. The plo met regulary in TUnis

This has nothing to do with the original topic which has gotten sidetracked to Jewish Islamic relations which was NOT the point of this post

My family has been total opposite, they told me to go live in Jordan with sofyan and not to come home until he could come with me, and that is what I did.. We now live with my dad and he has stopped eating pork out of respect for sofyan. At family gathering we use Turkey products for everything bc sofyan doesnt eat pork and my cousins husband doesnt eat beef. My aunts and uncles just flew to Patna India on saturday for the wedding of my cousin. I will say, If my family was that judgemental about my spouse, I think that would change the way I felt about my family.

wow you are so lucky. Everyone is luckier than I when it comes to family I think considering my family has disowned me, although they cannot officially say it out loud because it will upset other family members.

My family knows darn well that they can help me by getting me to canada for example where there is easir immigration laws. (supposedly) But do they bother? Nope. They would rather gloat and talk about how my marriage failed because "I could not do US immigration right but if my sister had married a foreigner, she would have had him here in a month"

Yes that is the way my family is.

I doubt I will see them after all before I leave, if and when I leave.

The best advice I can give you is to live your life in the best way that you can. Forgive your family because honestly thats all you can do. For all that I have been through with as horribly as I was treated by muslims during the funeral of my child, I have forgiven the people around me. People live what they see. I am sorry your family has disowned you. I tihink they are unhappy with you marrying who you have which will make it worse if he ever does anything bad to you. It will just confirm what they already thing. SABR.. or patience... is all that will get you through this

screw the popcorn where's the hookah???

We dont need it because this isnt that kind of thread. This is a thread to talk civily about reactions of family and friends to current events in Islam and about your reactions and theirs.. I dont want it to be incendiary, at least not of my account

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thats your opinion.. not the opinion of many jewish scholars. First you have to understand that Jews were here first.. that Islam is based on the Judaic faith and that the prophets were Jewish. Jews have been made to live under DHIMMI rule and actually were only afforded alot of rights during colonization. As painful as it is to accept, Jews HAVE NOT BEEN CONSISTANTLY TREATED FAIRLY UNDER ISLAM. Maybe Morocco and in some ways Tunisia.But every other mena country has seen pogroms, massacres and ethnic cleansing. Morocco remains the one country that is accepting of Jews. Tunisia has tried to be but there were alot of instances that heightened agression such as the bombing of Yasser Arafats house in Tunis in 1985. The plo met regulary in TUnis

This has nothing to do with the original topic which has gotten sidetracked to Jewish Islamic relations which was NOT the point of this post

wahrania are you serious? I thought you were muslim........ According to all that I have read and been told Islam was always first starting with Adam. Islam is sooo not based on the Judaic faith.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.