ryandgracey

SLEC Medical Examinations

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

SLEC's cutoff is >5 mm induration as positive. Most Filipinos are positive in TST because we are breathing air filled of TB bacilli. :wacko: aside from the BCG vaccine. It's not really unfair to be positive but there's nothing we can do about it, since TB has been in our country for thousands of years. Your immunity and body resistance plays a role if you get the disease. If you are healthy you can be infected but do not have the disease (no signs/symptoms), if weak you can get infected and get the disease.

Isoniazid is hepatotoxic, Rifampicin makes your pee orange, etc.

gracey, be confident that your child is healthy, you are always with her. I know you can tell if she is showing signs of primary complex. Paranoia can really makes us feel uncertain despite the training we went thru all the years. :)

Edited by jamesNrei

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

Congratulations Gracey!. One step closer, then you can have a deep breath. :)

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Thank you all. Am just leaving everything up to the good Lord at this point. :innocent:

Good luck to all others still in this life-changing journey. :star:

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

My daughter was having medication for primary complex when she had her medical exam at SLEC. I think this was the reason why she did not anymore have the tuberculin test and instead just had her chest x-ray which per her medical report from SLEC however, was said to be normal. Nonetheless, because SLEC noted her medication, her visa had the annotation about TB infection. When we got here in the US, we were referred to a pedia-pulmonologist just for her health records to be cleared/clarified. Thankfully, she's found clear of any TB infection that she is now on her last week of prophylaxis.

Don't worry much, your child will be cleared for sure. Good luck on your interview!

My daughter was having medication for primary complex when she had her medical exam at SLEC. I think this was the reason why she did not anymore have the tuberculin test and instead just had her chest x-ray which per her medical report from SLEC however, was said to be normal. Nonetheless, because SLEC noted her medication, her visa had the annotation about TB infection. When we got here in the US, we were referred to a pedia-pulmonologist just for her health records to be cleared/clarified. Thankfully, she's found clear of any TB infection that she is now on her last week of prophylaxis.

Don't worry much, your child will be cleared for sure. Good luck on your interview!

Is primary complex a definite barrier for proceeding witht he interview? Am talking about being diagnosed at SLEC with it.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if diagnosed with primary complex/TB they have to complete the TB regimen first. After completion then redo medical exam and once cleared can proceed for interview.

in any country if a person is in infectious state they are not cleared to enter the country of destination. The diseased person (Immigrant/OFW) has to undergo treatment first.

AOS

03-03-2009 - AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago office (USPS)

03-11-2009 - Notice Date

03-25-2009 - Case transferred to CSC

05-05-2009 - GC, EAD card, AP received. :D

if diagnosed with primary complex/TB they have to complete the TB regimen first. After completion then redo medical exam and once cleared can proceed for interview.

in any country if a person is in infectious state they are not cleared to enter the country of destination. The diseased person (Immigrant/OFW) has to undergo treatment first.

According to the SLEC doctor I talked to, the USEM is quite lenient with kids who have primary complex as accordingly, they cannot infect others. But she said that that's based on their experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.