Toronto Guy

What was the fastest NOA1 to NOA2 for Vermont filers in 2008?

33 posts in this topic

Well Rebeccajo, we would see a lot more people around here complaining if they had to endure a 17 month wait for their green card, which must be a lot more torturous than the wait for the NOA2. I'm not naive and don't believe that everything is peachy once you're finally in the US with your loved one. I read a lot about the boredom and helplessness that people feel once moving to the US and not being able to live "normally" until finally having that green card. A 17 month wait is something that is certainly unfair.

As for some posters in here (and the July thread) who are openly making complaints about faster approvals.. seriously, get a grip. If YOU were the one to be approved, you would be the first one posting on here about it and doing the happy dance, and you would expect others to be happy for you. After all of the comments at the people waiting over 6 months, and how it's ridiculous that we should be waiting so long... but now if you're approved too quickly, that's a reason to complain too?

We know by now that it's the luck of the draw, and others do get approved before others all the time. But you don't know what that couple has personally been through, or how long they've been waiting until now. I'm speaking generally here, but a lot of the couples I see from other countries have only known each other since this year and are already complaining about the wait. We've personally been waiting years now and have been waiting patiently for the NOA2 because we knew what to expect. And yes, I have seen others approved that filed after me. Who cares, I wasn't expecting an approval until December or January anyway. How does someone elses luck and happiness affect that?

I'm not saying you can't get frustrated at having to wait a few weeks longer... but at least show some decency and congratulate others on their lucky and speedy part of the process, as you would like yourself.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! It's so wonderful to see how many people came on here with positive spirits! Yes folks! THIS IS HOW TO MANIFEST! Higher though vibrations bring higher manifestations. What could the whole lot of us create with so many positive feelings? Speedy NOA2's for all! There is no lack of abundance in this Universe if you are open to receiving it!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

okay, i started reading this thread until i got to some kind of argument and i stopped reading. so i`m just gonna answer the question while ignoring all the replies that followed.

we got approved in feb 2008 in 24 days. 20 days from NOA1 to 2.

here `s our story, in case you`re interested.

we met in Jan 2006 in the Netherlands. Arash moved back to the US in Sept 2006. I flew back and forth a whole bunch of times. Cause i`m lucky. i was born in a Western European country and therfor I`m allowed to do so (what IMO, is extremely unfair). we got engaged July 21, 2007. we started looking into the process and planned on me moving Sept-October 2008.

In February 08 we sent off our paperwork, thinking it would take 8 months. We assumed it would take us longer than average cause Arash is Iranian-American and gets, for that reason, special attention from our good friends USCIS (also, very unfair).

24 days after we sent our application i got an approval email from CRIS.

2 weeks later i got my P3

nontheless, i only flew October 1st. we hadnt seen each other for 6 months. It sucked. But it me appreciate every morning i get to wake up next to him only more.

i feel for everybody who`s waiting. It`s no fun.

and yes, it`s unfair, cause some get approved quick and some late. Cause some come from the wrong country or have the wrong name.

My mom told me at a very early age that the world wasnt fair and i`d better start getting used to it. so i try to focus on why i`m lucky. and it isnt cause i got approved in 20 days. it`s because i was so lucky to find a man that makes me as happy as my husband does. even if i had to wait an extra year for us to be physically together.

i hope you all get approved soon.

marjan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.