TayL

Vaccination Records lost

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
A natural born USC can go his/her whole life without a vaccination of any kind... If the basis of your arguement were to hold true, then all required vacciantions would have to be thrown out....

A discrimination arguement won't hold either, as discrimination needs to be inconsistent against a particular "class" of people... as long as all intended immigrants are held to the same standard it too would fail on that basis.

The only way for it to go away is if the CDC changes its mind...

Whether it would fail or not, we already had a thread where most people found it to be pretty ridiculous that a woman does not have the choice to do this or not. HPV is not Polio and will not begin a national disaster.

But I digress.

Yes, you did digress because I never intended to argue the merits for or against HPV.... My point was that by waiting and hoping for a constitutional challenge of some sort to the HPV requirement might be a very long wait... waiting until "age out" would be a better route if that was a feasible solution for the OP.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
A natural born USC can go his/her whole life without a vaccination of any kind... If the basis of your arguement were to hold true, then all required vacciantions would have to be thrown out....

A discrimination arguement won't hold either, as discrimination needs to be inconsistent against a particular "class" of people... as long as all intended immigrants are held to the same standard it too would fail on that basis.

Whether it would fail or not, we already had a thread where most people found it to be pretty ridiculous that a woman does not have the choice to do this or not. HPV is not Polio and will not begin a national disaster.

But I digress.

Yes, you did digress because I never intended to argue the merits for or against HPV.... My point was that by waiting and hoping for a constitutional challenge of some sort to the HPV requirement might be a very long wait... waiting until "age out" would be a better route if that was a feasible solution for the OP.

I will not wait the years until age out. As I said, it is a very, very, very unlikely thing to happen, that they alter their requirement. I am still going to give it as much time as possible before I have to have the vaccine, just in case something is discovered or there is an alteration in the rules. I know that it is unlikely to help, but if I jumped on the vaccination now, and something changed between now and my medical, I would be very angry with myself. If I have gotten it for the medical and stuff, then I waited as long as I could and at least tried.

March 13, 2009--Visa application handed to the post office.

March 16, 2009--Visa application received by Vermont Service Centre at 11:01 am. Let's hope that he actually put in everything he thought he did and they don't send it back to us!!

March 23, 2009--Got the whole package back. The cheque was apparently filled out incorrectly, thanks to the fact that his moronic flatmates helped him and instructed him wrong for the first cheque he ever filled out.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

September 1, 2009, received Package 1 from Montreal--but where is our NOA2???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But I digress.

I will not wait the years until age out. As I said, it is a very, very, very unlikely thing to happen, that they alter their requirement. I am still going to give it as much time as possible before I have to have the vaccine, just in case something is discovered or there is an alteration in the rules. I know that it is unlikely to help, but if I jumped on the vaccination now, and something changed between now and my medical, I would be very angry with myself. If I have gotten it for the medical and stuff, then I waited as long as I could and at least tried.

maybe somesort of petition effort addressed to the CDC would be an alternative intermediary path to an equitable solution.

YMMV

Timeline
I was talking to mum about my visa requirements last night. Her latest great reveal (she's had many of them since I decided I was moving to the US, and they just keep getting better and better. The one before this was that she apparently "doesn't believe in weddings" so she won't in any way support mine with time or money, though she'll come eat the food I pay for)?

:wow: oh man.. so sorry.. hopefully she'll come around.. feel for you gal. (F)

It's my mum. The real irony of her #######? My whole life, she's accused me of "intentionally flaunting conventions to be different" because apparently I want to be the most special snowflake. And now she's telling me "NO WEDDING FOR J00 BECAUSE IT IS AN ANTIQUATED TRADITION THAT COSTS MONEY AND IS STUPID AND EVERYONE DOES THEM SO WHY SHOULD YOU?"

I'm not sure whether to laugh, or call the men in the white coats.

Omg are we long lost sisters!?

My mother said the same thing, didn't even like the man I was marrying, but she did come around and she came to my wedding, and she didn't think she would have fun down here but she did. :)

Hopefully yours will come around too hun. (F)

Nah, don't think we're long lost sisters cause my mum LOVES my fiancé to bits. Thinks he's a god. She's not against the marriage, because she understands that we care about each other and that it's pretty much necessary if we're international and want to start our lives together any time soon. She's against the wedding itself. Because I'm following traditions. And why would I want to do that? What's it accomplishing? And it's WAY too much money. I've put the wedding on the tightest budget I can, and I'm continually downgrading costs and making it so we'll be even FURTHER under budget. We're already at less than half of the US average!

March 16, 2009--Visa application received by Vermont Service Centre at 11:01 am. Let's hope that he actually put in everything he thought he did and they don't send it back to us!!

March 23, 2009--Got the whole package back. The cheque was apparently filled out incorrectly, thanks to the fact that his moronic flatmates helped him and instructed him wrong for the first cheque he ever filled out.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I was talking to mum about my visa requirements last night. Her latest great reveal (she's had many of them since I decided I was moving to the US, and they just keep getting better and better. The one before this was that she apparently "doesn't believe in weddings" so she won't in any way support mine with time or money, though she'll come eat the food I pay for)?

:wow: oh man.. so sorry.. hopefully she'll come around.. feel for you gal. (F)

It's my mum. The real irony of her #######? My whole life, she's accused me of "intentionally flaunting conventions to be different" because apparently I want to be the most special snowflake. And now she's telling me "NO WEDDING FOR J00 BECAUSE IT IS AN ANTIQUATED TRADITION THAT COSTS MONEY AND IS STUPID AND EVERYONE DOES THEM SO WHY SHOULD YOU?"

I'm not sure whether to laugh, or call the men in the white coats.

Omg are we long lost sisters!?

My mother said the same thing, didn't even like the man I was marrying, but she did come around and she came to my wedding, and she didn't think she would have fun down here but she did. :)

Hopefully yours will come around too hun. (F)

Hey, I can relate too...my mom didn't come to my wedding, and her only comment that resembled something positive at all about my marriage to a USC was "well, I guess it's ok, as long as it all works out". and I'm 52 years old!! lol After all these years I know my mom loves me very much..it's just her way of trying to deal with something she finds difficult. btw she didn't have anything good to say about my previous marriage either...but boy oh boy she was over the top excited about those grandkids we gave her, and she came to terms with that marriage - and there's already a "thaw" underway with this marriage too. :-) (My USC hubby is sweet and lovable, how can she not!!!!) I'm sure your mom will come around, too.

As to vaccinations, I had a real problem getting records (back when I had most of my immunizations, I don't think they kept records lol), and when I went to get them redone early last year, they accidently gave me a wrong shot, which REALLY messed things up. Long story short....it all worked out with USCIS in the end, and I'm now listed as the world's most over-immunized woman...

wishing you all the best on your Visa Journey,

Annie

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

back to the HPV topic--1 gal on VJ under the age of 26 went to the interview without the HPV vaccine. They gave her a few options as I recall

1) go get the vaccine and on receipt of documentation, they issue the visa

2) File a waiver!! Get ur Dr. to write something up to back up ur reasons on why u dont want it. The interviewer stated he could not recall a waiver being denied if on ehad a Dr backing u up (but thats only his opnion) keep in mind a waiver still costs $$$ and can take awhile

3) wait till ur over the age that is required!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Thanks, flames9! I'll probably suck it up and get it, in the end. I just feel like, if I don't get it until I absolutely have to, I've done my best to give myself enough time. My doctor's a jerk and I have no medical reason why I absolutely can't have it (not allergic to any components, etc), so I likely wouldn't be able to get a waiver.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

Timeline

I just called the Public Health department in my region and they mailed me a copy of my records. It was easy. They just needed to know what schools I went to and my date of birth.

You may have to just update your tetanus booster shot, I didn't have a record of my last one, but I was around 16, so I need a new one anyways. I also started the Gardasil shot process early because I wanted to just get them overwith before I moved and not have to worry about finding a Dr. to prescribe me the last 1 or 2 shots etc. I timed it out so that I get my last shot the week before I would move. Other than the cost, which was $178 for ONE freaking shot, I'll do whatever it takes to just be done with this already. Yes it sucks, but I think I'm the only Canadian here that has no issues with the vaccine. It's not just about an STD, it also helps against cervical cancer, which isn't so bad. I guess I'm just trying to see the positive.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
I just called the Public Health department in my region and they mailed me a copy of my records. It was easy. They just needed to know what schools I went to and my date of birth.

You may have to just update your tetanus booster shot, I didn't have a record of my last one, but I was around 16, so I need a new one anyways. I also started the Gardasil shot process early because I wanted to just get them overwith before I moved and not have to worry about finding a Dr. to prescribe me the last 1 or 2 shots etc. I timed it out so that I get my last shot the week before I would move. Other than the cost, which was $178 for ONE freaking shot, I'll do whatever it takes to just be done with this already. Yes it sucks, but I think I'm the only Canadian here that has no issues with the vaccine. It's not just about an STD, it also helps against cervical cancer, which isn't so bad. I guess I'm just trying to see the positive.

My understanding was that it protected against the cervical cancer caused by the four strains of HPV that the shot protects against, so it's still a matter of the STD. I could have misunderstood, though. I can understand why you would want it, but I'm concerned about long-term effects. *shrug* The way I figure it, if it's not a disease that you're likely to spread through water or air, as most of the diseases vaccinated are, it should be a personal decision, especially in a vaccine that, in my opinion, hasn't had enough testing yet.

Thanks for the advice on how to get my immunization records, though!

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

Timeline

^^ I agree, the long term effects are a ####### shoot really. But, with any vaccine, you just never know and there's always a risk.

Ahhhh the things we do for love!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.