Brad and Vika

Frustrated! File arrived at embassy in Kiev - can't schedule interview

42 posts in this topic

Hey thats cool. I wanted to do the same, but I couldn't get out of work soon enough. Iryna was nervous but brave. And besides, she is a lot more organized than me so it was probably better that I wasn't there :P

anyhow, a bit off topic. Where was the that bottom picture of the fountain with Vika taken? It looks a lot like L'viv.

Exactly right! We visited Lvov in June. Good times, although Vika got sick while we were there. I had a rather scary intro to social healthcare in Ukraine. ;)

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

HA! cool. I left L'viv in early May. I knew it looked familiar, according to Ira that fountain had just been built.

And I wanted to see what the health care was like there, I work in a hospital here in the U.S. so I was very interested. Though it was probably better that I didn't see. :whistle:

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"

-Hunter S. Thompson

HA! cool. I left L'viv in early May. I knew it looked familiar, according to Ira that fountain had just been built.

And I wanted to see what the health care was like there, I work in a hospital here in the U.S. so I was very interested. Though it was probably better that I didn't see. :whistle:

We visited the "free" medical complex - dating from the 1950s. Pretty grim, although the staff seemed very skilled. Lots of self medicating and holoistic stuff - the doctor spent an hour with Vika, and prescribed both antibiotics and herbs.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
I just called the call center, and they confirmed the file was input yesterday. They wanted to schedule our interview on December 2nd. When I asked for a date in January when I will be there - I was told that January dates would not be filled until the end of December. GRRRRRR!!!! :angry::angry:

did you schedule or not? the interview for the most part is anti-climatic.... if your paperwork is complete, the toughest part of the interview for Vika will be travelling to Kiev and getting into the consulate...

PS... who was correct?

You are definitely da man! Although I think 2+ weeks and "up to two months" are technically the same timeline, you definitely fell closer to the mark. Believe me, I am happy to report same..

And no - I did not schedule our interview. I need an appointment after January 2, when I am in Kiev. They won't schedule that date until the latter part of December, according to the call center.

Cheers!

Brad, I was reading yours amd following posts on your dilemma. Mine is just the opposite, i would LOVE december. I was just curious as I am also planning ahead and I read on ONE of the posts that December appts were full and that the earliest you could get was AFTER Ukraine New Year Holiday, so I wonder if they are just postponing you because thats the way they do things or what? i DO know that if you schedule an appt in December, you have have medical as soon as they let you and then CANCEL the Interview date and get a later date, but I know if that is a cool thing to do & if thats their system, they won't give you January anyways!!!

Also, can you tell me, from WHEN you get the letter saying its ON its way to Kiev, or wherever, how long do you have to wait until you can call in. It USED to be a three week from USCIS to Kiev, but now I'm seeing 4-5 days after arriving at the consulate in Kiev. is this true?

We have a pressing health issue with a relative and we were praying to get approved this week and STILL get an appt in December, but now I don't know what to believe or expect

Thanks...JB

I just called the call center, and they confirmed the file was input yesterday. They wanted to schedule our interview on December 2nd. When I asked for a date in January when I will be there - I was told that January dates would not be filled until the end of December. GRRRRRR!!!! :angry::angry:

did you schedule or not? the interview for the most part is anti-climatic.... if your paperwork is complete, the toughest part of the interview for Vika will be travelling to Kiev and getting into the consulate...

PS... who was correct?

You are definitely da man! Although I think 2+ weeks and "up to two months" are technically the same timeline, you definitely fell closer to the mark. Believe me, I am happy to report same..

And no - I did not schedule our interview. I need an appointment after January 2, when I am in Kiev. They won't schedule that date until the latter part of December, according to the call center.

Cheers!

Brad, I was reading yours amd following posts on your dilemma. Mine is just the opposite, i would LOVE december. I was just curious as I am also planning ahead and I read on ONE of the posts that December appts were full and that the earliest you could get was AFTER Ukraine New Year Holiday, so I wonder if they are just postponing you because thats the way they do things or what? i DO know that if you schedule an appt in December, you have have medical as soon as they let you and then CANCEL the Interview date and get a later date, but I know if that is a cool thing to do & if thats their system, they won't give you January anyways!!!

Also, can you tell me, from WHEN you get the letter saying its ON its way to Kiev, or wherever, how long do you have to wait until you can call in. It USED to be a three week from USCIS to Kiev, but now I'm seeing 4-5 days after arriving at the consulate in Kiev. is this true?

We have a pressing health issue with a relative and we were praying to get approved this week and STILL get an appt in December, but now I don't know what to believe or expect

Thanks...JB

JB - it only took us a couple of weeks from approval to get into the system. I called NVC to get the case number, and picked up a few days that way. Vika has scheduled the medical on December 15, just to get it done early. I will call the embassy again in this week to see where the calendar is. I don't know about December being full, because a week ago they said the latest appointment available was December 17. Your time frame looks tight to me - even if you were approved today. Post and let us know how it goes.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am curious if there is any correlation to the latest date to schedule an interview of December 17th and then someone thinking that now December is full... I suspect that there are not many interview slots available from Dec 18 until Jan 8 due to the nature of the "holiday" season over there.... Whatever slots are available during that three week period ought to fill in very fast...

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks...JB

I do not mean to rain on your parade but if you have not received your approval yet, then there is no chance any more of a December interview.... Even if it is today... It will be January before the file gets to Kiev, at best and then you are looking at 2-4 week lead time for an interview...

YMMV

JB - it only took us a couple of weeks from approval to get into the system. I called NVC to get the case number, and picked up a few days that way. Vika has scheduled the medical on December 15, just to get it done early. I will call the embassy again in this week to see where the calendar is. I don't know about December being full, because a week ago they said the latest appointment available was December 17. Your time frame looks tight to me - even if you were approved today. Post and let us know how it goes.

I called today, and was told the latest available is Dec 16th. :wacko:

They told me to call in a couple of weeks, around Mid-December to schedule for January. I find it annoying I can't schedule the interview just a month ahead.

Well, at least I can pass the medical whenever I want. I'm doing it this Thursday, Dec 4th.

AOS Timeline

04/16/2009 - Marriage

04/10/2010 - Sent the paperwork

04/13/2010 - USCIS received the package

04/19/2010 - SMS and emails about NOA's

04/22/2010 - NOA's (I485 and I765) arrived in mail

05/13/2010 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

06/04/2010 - Biometrics

06/07/2010 - AOS and EAD touches

06/08/2010 - AOS and EAD touches

06/18/2010 - EAD Card production ordered

06/21/2010 - Received inteview appointment letter in the mail

07/01/2010 - EAD arrived in mail

07/26/2010 - Interview

08/01/2010 - Green Card arrived in mail

Lifting Conditions Timeline

07/16/2012 - NOA1

08/11/2012 - Biometrics

02/23/2013 - RFE

03/01/2013 - RFE Response sent

03/11/2013 - Text message and email notification that Card Production has been ordered

Timeline

I called today, and was told the latest available is Dec 16th. :wacko:

They told me to call in a couple of weeks, around Mid-December to schedule for January. I find it annoying I can't schedule the interview just a month ahead.

Well, at least I can pass the medical whenever I want. I'm doing it this Thursday, Dec 4th.

I understand wanting to fill up all the early slots, but why not let people schedule a month out... seems like a reasonable accomodation for a $12 call....

YMMV

I understand wanting to fill up all the early slots, but why not let people schedule a month out... seems like a reasonable accomodation for a $12 call....

My point exactly.

AOS Timeline

04/16/2009 - Marriage

06/04/2010 - Biometrics

07/26/2010 - Interview

07/16/2012 - NOA1

08/11/2012 - Biometrics

02/23/2013 - RFE

03/11/2013 - Text message and email notification that Card Production has been ordered

Timeline

PS... who was correct?

Cheers!

Thanks...JB

I realize that now as I spoke to someone from another forum and they called and got a date of Dec 19th for their interview, so we will shoot for mid January, works for me. I can control THAT. What I CAN'T control is the USCIS approving dates all over the place, so I'm hoping my time will be soon

be well, and I will post with dates when i have

PS... who was correct?

Cheers!

Thanks...JB

I realize that now as I spoke to someone from another forum and they called and got a date of Dec 19th for their interview, so we will shoot for mid January, works for me. I can control THAT. What I CAN'T control is the USCIS approving dates all over the place, so I'm hoping my time will be soon

be well, and I will post with dates when i have

I appreciate the post JB. I was starting to think there were two calendars again - since I was told to call back weekly and 12/17 was the latest as of last week. Good Luck with your date. Vika has now decided she wants us to interview early and return with me. It sounds like her parents suggested that traveling with an "old hand" like me would be easier. There is also news tht flights aill soon be curtailed because of the economy, and wants to be stranded with me, if at all :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Hey Brad!

Any news for you guys? So when are you gonna call again to schedule? I was thinking about calling next Tue-Wed (Dec 16-17) to get the first half of Janury.

AOS Timeline

04/16/2009 - Marriage

06/04/2010 - Biometrics

07/26/2010 - Interview

07/16/2012 - NOA1

08/11/2012 - Biometrics

02/23/2013 - RFE

Hey Brad!

Any news for you guys? So when are you gonna call again to schedule? I was thinking about calling next Tue-Wed (Dec 16-17) to get the first half of Janury.

They told me to call back at the end of this week.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Thanks. And good luck when you do call :star:

AOS Timeline

04/16/2009 - Marriage

06/04/2010 - Biometrics

07/26/2010 - Interview

07/16/2012 - NOA1

08/11/2012 - Biometrics

02/23/2013 - RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.