Bern.

K-1 Questions =)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again, I have more questions =)

Because my fiance is going to be shipped around a lot by the army, would it be okay for him to just use his parent's address on the forms? That way it is sure that the paperwork will not be lost in the mail, or something along those lines. Plus he lived with his parents before he enlisted. It was a kind of unique situation...he dropped out of school when he was 17 (he is 20 now), then he looked after his brothers for his mom (his dad is a trucker and always away.)

So I am wondering if using the parents address is fine, and his parents will be helping with the process, as in, they will have the copy of the K-1 Visa we send in, so they will be able to send everything that I need, to me.

As well, he may be deployed this March, but it is not certain. In the event that he does get deployed, and we get approved, is it possible for me to not enter the USA until he returns? I am so confused to how that would work... :S

Edited by Ber + Ter

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Hello again, I have more questions =)

Because my fiance is going to be shipped around a lot by the army, would it be okay for him to just use his parent's address on the forms? That way it is sure that the paperwork will not be lost in the mail, or something along those lines. Plus he lived with his parents before he enlisted. It was a kind of unique situation...he dropped out of school when he was 17 (he is 20 now), then he looked after his brothers for his mom (his dad is a trucker and always away.)

So I am wondering if using the parents address is fine, and his parents will be helping with the process, as in, they will have the copy of the K-1 Visa we send in, so they will be able to send everything that I need, to me.

As well, he may be deployed this March, but it is not certain. In the event that he does get deployed, and we get approved, is it possible for me to not enter the USA until he returns? I am so confused to how that would work... :S

Sure he can use his parents address. You as well can enter the US on your Visa when granted if he's not there, however you must marry within 90 days of your arrival in the US, so you need to have him home during that time. You can wait up until 6 months however, before using the visa, so that basically gives you 9 months from the granting of the visa to get to the US and get married. Hopefully, if he is deployed he can make it back for that.

As well, if he does get deployed, you can expedite your visa as well. As soon as he knows he's going to be deployed, have his superiors write a letter, or get his specific orders and he can get the visa expedited. I believe it can be expedited at different stages as well, so if he's not going to be deployed until later in the process, it can be expedited at that time. I believe "theWhites" another Canadian/American couple had their's expedited so that she could get down here to the US and get married before he was deployed.

Don't forget to check out the Canada forum here for lots of information, guidance and support!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh wow, that is really good news. =)

So I have 6 months to enter the USA on that visa and once I do, then I have the 90 day period to get married? If that's true, then that'll be perfect. =)

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Oh wow, that is really good news. =)

So I have 6 months to enter the USA on that visa and once I do, then I have the 90 day period to get married? If that's true, then that'll be perfect. =)

Yes, that's true.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.